ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Guanaco2020 said:

Just received the email to go in for medical on Friday. I know it's been asked before, but does anyone know what would get you placed on medical hold? Slightly high BP? Big neck? Thank you.                                                                                List #4**    

Congrats and I honestly can’t say what would get you placed on medical hold but I’ve witnessed a family friend put on medical hold for saying they drink alcohol “occasionally”. They were placed in a program for 3-6 months I think (not sure how long) and then resumed hiring process so just be mindful of how you answer certain questions.

12 minutes ago, OB456 said:

Congrats and I honestly can’t say what would get you placed on medical hold but I’ve witnessed a family friend put on medical hold for saying they drink alcohol “occasionally”. They were placed in a program for 3-6 months I think (not sure how long) and then resumed hiring process so just be mindful of how you answer certain questions.

Much appreciated, thank you.

10 hours ago, Gherigfan1 said:

Those being promoted could have come from the OC as well. From what I’ve heard, they are pretty much going down the line as if the list was established. Word is they agreed with the union to establish the list mid month, meaning July. 

The conductors I spoke to took the promotional exam not the OC. They were called first off a “preferred” list to pick their sub divisions then the folks off the OC list were called up. 

1 hour ago, apokeguy said:

The conductors I spoke to took the promotional exam not the OC. They were called first off a “preferred” list to pick their sub divisions then the folks off the OC list were called up. 

That’s how it should be.  

They already proved attendance and they they can pass probation.  

Im employed by metro north as a track worker, they should investigate your internal record to see how serious of an employee you really are. 

I got a 95, list 6** and did my PE 5/31. 

I should still be waiting for my medical as I am. 

I should wait even longer , because my *** shouldn’t of gotten 3 questions wrong on such a simple test.  Plus my dad has been a TO for the past 32 years.

I’m so disappointed at my focus level that day. 

Salute to those that got a starting date or already started.  You earned that. Congratulations from the heart 💯💯💯

Edited by TO legacy

Still bullshit that I haven't even been called for medical yet with a 2xx list number. Starting to think there are certain "quotas" that need to be met and certain people are getting skipped over. If you have a better theory then I'd love to hear it.

3 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

Still bullshit that I haven't even been called for medical yet with a 2xx list number. Starting to think there are certain "quotas" that need to be met and certain people are getting skipped over. If you have a better theory then I'd love to hear it.

No offence, but did you pass the drug test?

Just now, Gisnunnie said:

No offence, but did you pass the drug test?

I never heard anything back from them since my PE back in May. I've never failed a drug test in my life, I don't do any drugs or take any medications. No reason to believe I would have failed and even if I did hypothetically speaking, I'm sure they would have told me by now. There is something else at play here and it smells fishy to me.

17 minutes ago, LEO1990 said:

Have you went to 180 since then to get a face to face answer. 

No such thing as a “Quota” in TO processing.................

If you meet these basic and VERY MINUSCULE standards, you get the job. 

2 hours ago, LEO1990 said:

I never heard anything back from them since my PE back in May. I've never failed a drug test in my life, I don't do any drugs or take any medications. No reason to believe I would have failed and even if I did hypothetically speaking, I'm sure they would have told me by now. There is something else at play here and it smells fishy to me.

Yeah, not for nothing I’d go down there. Sounds like somebody dropped the ball. No quotas from what I experienced. Been a Motor for five, almost 6 years now. 

3 hours ago, TO legacy said:

That’s how it should be.  

They already proved attendance and they they can pass probation.  

Im employed by metro north as a track worker, they should investigate your internal record to see how serious of an employee you really are. 

I got a 95, list 6** and did my PE 5/31. 

I should still be waiting for my medical as I am. 

I should wait even longer , because my *** shouldn’t of gotten 3 questions wrong on such a simple test.  Plus my dad has been a TO for the past 32 years.

I’m so disappointed at my focus level that day. 

Salute to those that got a starting date or already started.  You earned that. Congratulations from the heart 💯💯💯

I completely agree with the fact that they should hire internally first. I believe all companies should do that.

I was just replying to another post saying that the promotionals were not from the OC list and since there were so many that it may be affecting the rate in which they are calling people who are from the OC list.

I empathize with you on how you’re frustrated you are. I took the NYCT track worker exam and compared my answers with the proposed key.  That was the simplest civil service exam I have ever taken and I got several wrong. Definitely wasn’t the memory portion that did me in. 

But good luck to you and all the other hopefuls that are still waiting for the email. 

Edited by apokeguy

Alright i need some major clarification or advice if there is anyone on this forum that can help me with my situation. So i received my PE letter in the mail late, about 3 weeks and change (June 26th) from the date i was scheduled to actually be at the PE appointment, which was May 28th believe, hence me missing it obviously, but it was at no fault of mine. Now i spoke to a close friend of mine who had a similar situation and he directed me to go to Centre St to put my name back on the list. I did just that June 27th. I havent gotten a letter back from Centre St yet. Now my thing is do i still have a chance of getting a new orientation date or ANYTHING at all? My list number was 50X with a score of 95.00. Should i just call or go to livingston?  Can someone PLEASE help me with this topic. 

When you have your name put back on the list it is restored  by DCAS not the MTA. It could take DCAS up to 2 months before your name is restored to the list and just a little bit longer for the MTA to resend you the paperwork to come in for PE. Going to livingston with just get you the same response of having to go to DCAS to get your name restored.

I see I’m going to receive a letter today from the MTA today but I don’t know what exam it’s for. I pray to god it’s for train operator pre employment lol.

my list number is 17**

Hopefully it’s not a invitation to  take the OPA exam for cunductor because my list number is over 5,000 and I know I won’t even get called for that position. 

1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

When you have your name put back on the list it is restored  by DCAS not the MTA. It could take DCAS up to 2 months before your name is restored to the list and just a little bit longer for the MTA to resend you the paperwork to come in for PE. Going to livingston with just get you the same response of having to go to DCAS to get your name restored.

Even considering the fact that me receiving this letter late was of no fault of my own?! That’s wild. At this point im just hoping someone would understand at the MTA and just reschedule me. It seems like thats a stretch i guess. 

52 minutes ago, MAB59850 said:

Even considering the fact that me receiving this letter late was of no fault of my own?! That’s wild. At this point im just hoping someone would understand at the MTA and just reschedule me. It seems like thats a stretch i guess.

Curious to know how DCAS reinstates a candidate when there is no established list... unless it’s a sign and the notices are going out soon?

From how it was explained to me in my PE when I asked (thought about declining because I am on another civil service list for a position with WAY less responsibilities and training and of course less pay ;) )you will receive another PE letter when the official DCAS list is established and they start calling off that list. Many folks declined the temporary position and wanted to wait until the DCAS list is established since they probably didn’t want to work longer than a year to get off probation.

Keep in mind, all of the T/Os that started from #7604 are provisionals and probation doesn’t start until we are permanent meaning we are all waiting for the damn list to be released!

Edited by apokeguy

3 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Curious to know how DCAS reinstates a candidate when there is no established list... unless it’s a sign and the notices are going out soon?

From how it was explained to me in my PE when I asked (thought about declining because I am on another civil service list for a position with WAY less responsibilities and training and of course less pay ;) )you will receive another PE letter when the official DCAS list is established and they start calling off that list. Many folks declined the temporary position and wanted to wait until the DCAS list is established since they probably didn’t want to work longer than a year to get off probation.

Keep in mind, all of the T/Os that started from #7604 are provisionals and probation doesn’t start until we are permanent meaning we are all waiting for the damn list to be released!

Well, the letters that we received did say that the official list will be established either in June or July.

Yesterday while finishing final processing, I was told that on paper, I am listed as provisional but that the official list will be released around mid July. 

Being that everyone commenting here is still waiting for preemployment or the medical, it doesn't really matter since the list will have become official by the time class starts.

Even those who began in June, it won't matter much since not much time will have passed before the list was made official.

4 hours ago, apokeguy said:

So you think i still pretty much have a shot? 

3 hours ago, MAB59850 said:

So you think i still pretty much have a shot? 

If you reinstated your name I think you have a pretty good shot since you received a PE letter before. Because when the list is released they will start canvassing again from the top.

Aside from the medical holds and candidates declining, there are folks in class that could be kicked out already. First week of class for me and there are already folks with 2 unexcused lateness. One more and they are gone.   

Edited by apokeguy

40 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

If you reinstated your name I think you have a pretty good shot since you received a PE letter before. Because when the list is released they will start canvassing again from the top.

Aside from the medical holds and candidates declining, there are folks in class that could be kicked out already. First week of class for me and there are already folks with 2 unexcused lateness. One more and they are gone.   

One guy came and sat next to me with that incident report sheet the TSS's give out when someone is late, the next day (today) I saw him and we both got on the D train around 5:40am at Barclay's lmao.

They aren't playing when it comes to latenesses. 

1 hour ago, Jchambers2120 said:

One guy came and sat next to me with that incident report sheet the TSS's give out when someone is late, the next day (today) I saw him and we both got on the D train around 5:40am at Barclay's lmao.

They aren't playing when it comes to latenesses. 

Definitely not. I’ve been driving in from Queens and getting to the school around 5:45. Figured if get there early I can always take a quick nap in the car or study. Going to dread taking the train carrying all the books and equipment. 

I wonder when the new hires receive and starts to wear their uniform how strict the TSSs are going to be about appearances.  

9 hours ago, apokeguy said:

Definitely not. I’ve been driving in from Queens and getting to the school around 5:45. Figured if get there early I can always take a quick nap in the car or study. Going to dread taking the train carrying all the books and equipment. 

I wonder when the new hires receive and starts to wear their uniform how strict the TSSs are going to be about appearances.  

I'm coming from LI. How tight is parking? I'm concerned about train delays and cancellations like the one on Friday. The interviewer recommended I drive in because of the "complexity " of the directions they gave us.

22 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

I'm coming from LI. How tight is parking? I'm concerned about train delays and cancellations like the one on Friday. The interviewer recommended I drive in because of the "complexity " of the directions they gave us.

The TSS, instructors, recommend that we take public transportation because if there is a train delay you have to get the train car number and give it to them so they can investigate the nature of the delay, thus, you won’t get penalized for being late. 

However, if you drive in and there’s traffic, accidents, etc, then they hold that against you. Remember 3 lateness and you get fired. BTW parking sucks because of the street cleaning.

One more thing to remember, school starts at 7am. let’s say you take the train which is scheduled to arrive at the stop you get off at 645am and there was a delay then you’re covered. BUT, if that train is scheduled to arrive at 659am and there is a train delay, you’re not covered because you would of been late regardless of the train delay

I would recommend take public transportation because you won’t have the headache of looking for parking and you’re covered if train is late if you would of made it on time. Besides, you can take a nap or study while you take public transportation, just don’t fall asleep and end up in Coney Island lol.

18 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

The TSS, instructors, recommend that we take public transportation because if there is a train delay you have to get the train car number and give it to them so they can investigate the nature of the delay, thus, you won’t get penalized for being late. 

However, if you drive in and there’s traffic, accidents, etc, then they hold that against you. Remember 3 lateness and you get fired. BTW parking sucks because of the street cleaning.

One more thing to remember, school starts at 7am. let’s say you take the train which is scheduled to arrive at the stop you get off at 645am and there was a delay then you’re covered. BUT, if that train is scheduled to arrive at 659am and there is a train delay, you’re not covered because you would of been late regardless of the train delay

I would recommend take public transportation because you won’t have the headache of looking for parking and you’re covered if train is late if you would of made it on time. Besides, you can take a nap or study while you take public transportation, just don’t fall asleep and end up in Coney Island lol.

Thanks, so good to know! I'll be on 430 train from where I am, transfer from Jamaica to Atlantic and take the D from there I think.

5 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

Thanks, so good to know! I'll be on 430 train from where I am, transfer from Jamaica to Atlantic and take the D from there I think.

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think the LIRR to Atlantic runs early at that time. You might wanna double check. I think the earliest LIRR train to Atlantic leaves around 630 and gets there at 655.