ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

8 minutes ago, Physcoles said:

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think the LIRR to Atlantic runs early at that time. You might wanna double check. I think the earliest LIRR train to Atlantic leaves around 630 and gets there at 655.

Your right. I'm transferring at Jamaica.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Gisnunnie said:

When do we get the golden ticket? The LiRR is not cheap!

You get your metro card & LIRR/MetroNorth pass first day of orientation. It will say either LIRR or metro north on your metro card along with your picture in it.

8 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

Thanks, so good to know! I'll be on 430 train from where I am, transfer from Jamaica to Atlantic and take the D from there I think.

7 hours ago, Physcoles said:

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think the LIRR to Atlantic runs early at that time. You might wanna double check. I think the earliest LIRR train to Atlantic leaves around 630 and gets there at 655.

If hes coming from wheatley heights he should be on train 2005 during the weekdays which has the first atlantic terminal getting him in around 5:55am. Should be fine. If they ever surprise you with a weekend class that would be where the challange comes in. Thats when trains don't start rolling in until around 6:40.

26 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

If hes coming from wheatley heights he should be on train 2005 during the weekdays which has the first atlantic terminal getting him in around 5:55am. Should be fine. If they ever surprise you with a weekend class that would be where the challange comes in. Thats when trains don't start rolling in until around 6:40.

That is correct. But it is still a transfer at Jamaica according to the July 21 to September3rd schedule. When I went in for processing there was a later 7:16 train that went directly to Atlantic, the new schedule doesn't show any direct trains to Atlantic terminal. If there is a weekend class I'll probably drive in.

17 hours ago, Gisnunnie said:

I'm coming from LI. How tight is parking? I'm concerned about train delays and cancellations like the one on Friday. The interviewer recommended I drive in because of the "complexity " of the directions they gave us.

Definitely true what Physcoles said about public transportation... it just helps to cover your ass if anything does happen. 

If you do decide to drive in, alternate side parking can be a pain. And remember you are probably not the only student to drive in so you will have to contend with the other people looking for parking too. First day I drove in took me about 20 mins to find parking... about 5 blocks away and that was around me 5:30 in the morning. Once you get a feel for the area and remember the alternate days it gets a little easier.  Around the general area, looks like Wednesday is the only day ASP isn’t in effect. Some blocks have Mon/Thur, some have Tues/Fri. Some just Tues or Thur only. 

For those that are curious, the school has water coolers so no need to bring in bottled water. The gym and lunchroom has vending machines for drinks and snacks. Lunchroom also has a small fridge and microwaves.

If you go to the Dunkin’ Donuts by the school I recommend you go in an hour before class or put in your mobile order 30 mins prior. The folks there are not just slow but when it gets close to start time all the students crowd in and the line will be ridiculous. 

Hope these little tips will benefit folks on the thread!

On 7/13/2018 at 7:54 PM, apokeguy said:

Aside from the medical holds and candidates declining, there are folks in class that could be kicked out already. First week of class for me and there are already folks with 2 unexcused lateness. One more and they are gone.   

OMG Really??

I guess they dont want the Job  they will not tolerate Lateness you folks need to set the bar high and set it right...

Your class (Like mine which crashed and burned with about 12 of them) is being watched...

They normally pay close attention to the first few classes from a list weather its a  promo or open competitive..

The career down here basically starts with Schoolcar..

If one is a know it all, is lazy, or a smart arse it will follow until retirement.

It might not seem like much but ill say this Supervisors Compare names and Notes....

Edited by RTOMan

59 minutes ago, OB456 said:

Does anyone know the process in ordering uniforms ? I ordered the boots already but can’t access BSC. Do we wait for the first day to order ? 

You’re jumping ahead of yourself. They will do uniform measurements during your first week and will take your info to have them shipped. Then from there I heard it will take a few weeks. Last class of 40 T/Os took them about 4 weeks. My class is 70 so I'm not holding my breath. 

If you don’t already have them, get yourselves a few SHORT sleeves blue or grey button downs and blue or black pants. No cargo pockets, cell phone pockets, multi use pocket on the pants. One set might hold you over for the first week since it’s all orientation and sitting but once you’re out in the yards, standing there and/or climbing you will definitely sweat in this weather... and the safety vest contributes to it. Felt sorry for all the folks who wore long sleeves and were sweating bullets just standing their waiting their turn.

Second week in and we already climbed the train a few times.

Quick tip start reading the rules and regulations book if you haven’t already...  Rules 1-38

Edited by apokeguy

15 hours ago, RTOMan said:

OMG Really??

I guess they dont want the Job  they will not tolerate Lateness you folks need to set the bar high and set it right...

Your class (Like mine which crashed and burned with about 12 of them) is being watched...

They normally pay close attention to the first few classes from a list weather its a  promo or open competitive..

The career down here basically starts with Schoolcar..

If one is a know it all, is lazy, or a smart arse it will follow until retirement.

It might not seem like much but ill say this Supervisors Compare names and Notes....

Yup. I'm not a T/o I'm a C/R but I was in the same induction class and the TSS's mentioned how some people already have 2 latenesses. I saw some people filling out some form who came in late and handing it to a Tss. They really aren't playing. 

just like you said they're watching us close. They said we (well atleast C/R's) are being being held to a high standard because we're at the top of the new list and all of the people from the previous two classes made it.

There's a know it all in my class too (he really doesn't know anything he just shouts whatever comes to his mind) and he's really annoying. We were doing familiarization on the R142's today and i was having trouble understanding a procedure so I ask the TSS for help and here he comes... And of course he gets it wrong because it was our first time being on a train today smh.

Some of my other classmates noticed it too, i call him chatterbox since that's all he does smh.

10 hours ago, apokeguy said:

You’re jumping ahead of yourself. They will do uniform measurements during your first week and will take your info to have them shipped. Then from there I heard it will take a few weeks. Last class of 40 T/Os took them about 4 weeks. My class is 70 so I'm not holding my breath. 

If you don’t already have them, get yourselves a few SHORT sleeves blue or grey button downs and blue or black pants. No cargo pockets, cell phone pockets, multi use pocket on the pants. One set might hold you over for the first week since it’s all orientation and sitting but once you’re out in the yards, standing there and/or climbing you will definitely sweat in this weather... and the safety vest contributes to it. Felt sorry for all the folks who wore long sleeves and were sweating bullets just standing their waiting their turn.

Second week in and we already climbed the train a few times.

Quick tip start reading the rules and regulations book if you haven’t already...  Rules 1-38

Rule 10 "Code of Conduct" is one in today's times new people need to especially pay attention too...

8 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

Yup. I'm not a T/o I'm a C/R but I was in the same induction class and the TSS's mentioned how some people already have 2 latenesses. I saw some people filling out some form who came in late and handing it to a Tss. They really aren't playing. 

just like you said they're watching us close. They said we (well atleast C/R's) are being being held to a high standard because we're at the top of the new list and all of the people from the previous two classes made it.

There's a know it all in my class too (he really doesn't know anything he just shouts whatever comes to his mind) and he's really annoying. We were doing familiarization on the R142's today and i was having trouble understanding a procedure so I ask the TSS for help and here he comes... And of course he gets it wrong because it was our first time being on a train today smh.

Some of my other classmates noticed it too, i call him chatterbox since that's all he does smh.

I had one no i had several lol...

Im sure most classes had one two three or a few....

Hey it ok you just listen to the TSS and pay no Mind to him..

Sooner or later those types get exposed...

1 hour ago, Bmpo7 said:

Anybody know if there are there any other classes scheduled after August?

July class had 70 T/Os and I heard the previous class was 40 T/Os (and also heard they had no pick and all got put into subdivision B.)  When speaking with one of our TSSs he said “they” told him they were going to “slow” it down the hiring. Don’t know if there’s any truth to that and will probably get different answers if you ask different people. 

6 minutes ago, apokeguy said:

July class had 70 T/Os and I heard the previous class was 40 T/Os (and also heard they had no pick and all got put into subdivision B.)  When speaking with one of our TSSs he said “they” told him they were going to “slow” it down the hiring. Don’t know if there’s any truth to that and will probably get different answers if you ask different people. 

What class are you in?

Anyone know what list number they were up to?  I did the drug test and the back ground mid June and I am  waiting the "3 to 90 days" For my physical. I found out I passed the drug test.  Thanks for any information and congratulations to those that are on!  List number 6**

1 minute ago, MrMe76 said:

Anyone know what list number they were up to?  I did the drug test and the back ground mid June and I am  waiting the "3 to 90 days" For my physical. I found out I passed the drug test.  Thanks for any information and congratulations to those that are on!  List number 6**

They contact you to tell you you passed the drug test?

3 minutes ago, MrMe76 said:

How did you find out you passed the drug test? I did mine end of May and haven’t heard anything. 

8 minutes ago, Djx said:

How did you find out you passed the drug test? I did mine end of May and haven’t heard anything. 

Sorry about that I meant I know I passed it. I don't do any kind of drugs.  I don't know how to edit it.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, MrMe76 said:

Sorry about that I meant I know I passed it. I don't do any kind of drugs.  I don't know how to edit it.  Good luck!

You're in the same boat as me. I'm sure I passed the drug test, just waiting on the medical email.