The Mets stink

trainfan22

The real problem here is injuries, not management.

- A

Have to disagree with that. Reyes is talented but a head case and there are Mets fans that would have told you that years ago. He's hardly a good choice to build around. He overpaid for Beltran who has been mediocre, and this is also the guy that traded the top prospect in the organization for Ryan Church and Brian Schneider and somehow still thinks Schneider is a starting catcher on a team that is supposed to contend for the playoffs? He also made no real effort to upgrade the starting pitching aside from the Santana trade, particularly the back of the rotation which has been awful for going on 2+ years now. Yes he fixed the bullpen but not fixing the back of the rotation means the relievers are going to be overworked and perform worse anyway. Not to mention he's become the Isiah Thomas of MLB and just made a mockery out of the organization with some of his antics (like going off when his "friend" Tony Bernazard had to get fired for what he did, when it was pretty much unanimous around the league that the guy was an a-hole). He's also almost completely eliminated the talent in the farm system

Plus it's not like he's some great renowned GM. He made his name running the bankrupt Montreal teams and making them "below average" when they were expected to be historically awful, but it's not like he's ever really put together a winner...

-A Yankees fan

This team need help and fast. They need to make big trades in the offseason.

Cannot wait to see the Mets Game tommorrow at Citi. First time I will see a baseball game in person. Lets go Mets!

1. I thought you were a Yankee fan.

2. You have never been to a baseball game before?

Wow... I made this thread nearly a year ago... New season and the team still stinks.... But I blame all the injuries this team had for them being bad this season though...

Its all about $$$$ , thats why the mets havnt won another world series in over 20 years. The Yankees are a rich team and can buy high priced players and staff along with what ever else needs to get passed around to make things happen.

Its all about $$$$ , thats why the mets havnt won another world series in over 20 years. The Yankees are a rich team and can buy high priced players and staff along with what ever else needs to get passed around to make things happen.

IIRC the Yankees did not spend that much money when they had that Dynasty team in the late 90s. All the players had good chemsitry IMO thats what made those teams so good. The Yankees started going crazy spending money during the 2001-2002 offseason when they signed Jason Giambi.

I will say this, the current team has good chemistry now especially with Swisher, Burnett, and Sabathia. They have lightened the mood in the club house when the past few years it was like 'corporate stiffness' and just 'emo' like. Finally there is life again and everyone is happy at once. Those walkoff wins have helped big time as well.

I can't promise the result in the playoffs will be perfect, but at least it seems much better this year than the past few.

I will say this, the current team has good chemistry now especially with Swisher, Burnett, and Sabathia. They have lightened the mood in the club house when the past few years it was like 'corporate stiffness' and just 'emo' like. Finally there is life again and everyone is happy at once. Those walkoff wins have helped big time as well.

I can't promise the result in the playoffs will be perfect, but at least it seems much better this year than the past few.

We all know that the playoffs are a totally different atmosphere, more pressure, every play is magnified, the team that finishes with the best record in the major leagues doesn't go too far in the playoffs, that is a proven fact.

St. Louis edged the ChiSox by 1 game, they had 100 wins. But pretty close though.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?ymd=20051002

Thanks for tip. The Cards was 'upset' in the NLCS by Roger Clemens lead Houston team. However the next year in '06 they won the world series w/ worst regular season record ever for a MLB champion upsetting the Mets in the LCS and the Tigers in the world series.

Since the '06 Cards shocked the Mets the Flushing team has not been the same.

And that is why I don't think it is entirely Willie Randolph's fault. In 2006, he did a wonderful job in guiding the Mets to a 97-65 regular season.

Now this season (yes, injuries have played a role) the Mets are 58-72 after being 88-74 in 2007 and 89-73 last season.

Agreed. In next set of job openings as skipper during the off season Willie will get one of them. Rumors are flying in Chicago that if the Cubs dont come back to win the wild card that Lou Pienlla might 'retire' since the Cubs now have new ownership.

I was listening to WFAN on Friday morning (8/28/09)and a new book coming out in next few weeks about Mets Owners Fred and Jeff Wilpon might have to consider selling the team by 2010, due to the Bernie Madoff scandal.

The author of that new book(sorry forget the name as i was driving to work)claims the Wilpons lost as much as $500 million(1/2 Billion Dollars)to Madoff and reason the team could not go after Manny, CC, Burnett and other high priced free agents in winter '08-'09 off season.

The Wilpons denied that claim and admit Madoff stole from them was only 'couple of million dollars.'' So guys especially the Mets supporters if the Wilpons have to sell the team which person you want to buy?

Archived