Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Union Tpke

Q25, Q52/53, Q70, and Q113 to become SBS routes in the near future

Lol....

Doesn't this seem a little too far fetched by now? Also, no B82?

(The SBS implementations is discussed on the top of Page 9)

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

Also, no B82?

MTA Bus, not NYCT. They don't mention the Bx6 either. 

Edited by Rick44

The Q113 SBS.......

I'll leave it at that.

Yeah....good luck getting those people to give up their parking spaces. If the people along Merrick Blvd protested, then it's going to be about the same on Guy Brewer Blvd. Especially by the projects.

JFK Depot! Your thoughts!

Q70: It was supposed to be one when it first started, so nothing major.

Q52/Q53: I just want to see them redo Woodhaven Blvd for this.

Q25: This route gets so crushed at Flushing literally every day and at the weirdest times too.

Q113: Interesting, hope the Q114 becomes all local then.

If the Q113 becomes SBS what would be the date of the Q114? Is there possible Q52 extension to Far Rockaway?

MTA Bus, not NYCT. They don't mention the Bx6 either.

Isn't MTA bus the tall coaches? There are still fragmentations in ownership? I know there was decades ago...but aren't the Bx & Q both NYCT routes?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Isn't MTA bus the tall coaches? There are still fragmentations in ownership? I know there was decades ago...but aren't the Bx & Q both NYCT routes?

Some local and express routes in Queens, the B100, B103, and BM1-5, and the Bx23 are operated by MTA Bus. The rest are operated by NYCT.

• Upvote 1

MTA Bus was created in order to take over the operations of several private bus companies in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens, which had previously been running on subsidies from the city. New York Bus Service and Liberty Bus Service operated express bus routes in the Bronx, Command Bus operated express bus routes and two local routes in Brooklyn, Triboro Coach, Queens Surface, Jamaica Bus and Green Lines Bus operated local and express bus routes for part of Queens. The routes that are New York City Transit were also originally owned by private companies, but were taken over gradually. For example the NYCT routes in Queens with the exception of new routes were taken over from North Shore Bus Company in 1947, and in 1980 routes on the Lower East Side, which had been operated by the Avenue B and East Broadway Transit Company were taken over. If you want to learn more, you can search it or ask me.

• Upvote 1

How is Q113 SBS supposed to work when part of the route goes thru Nassau County to travel between Jamaica and the Rockaways?

How is Q113 SBS supposed to work when part of the route goes thru Nassau County to travel between Jamaica and the Rockaways?

Why can't it work? It only makes two stops in Nassau County in each direction, which, when SBS on the Q113 starts, could be served only by the Q114.

Why can't it work? It only makes two stops in Nassau County in each direction, which, when SBS on the Q113 starts, could be served only by the Q114.

I think the problem he's talking about is more jurisdictional than the amount of stops in Nassau.

Good luck trying to convince Nassau County to build bus lanes, especially if it's not for NICE buses (not that they would easily build bus lanes for NICE buses in the first place). However, since it's a relatively minor stint (and the ride on Nassau Expwy is faster), it may not matter so much. The bigger problem is along Guy R Brewer, since it isn't very wide as you continue north on the boulevard, and as mentioned, will lead to a significant amount of parking spaces lost.

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

I would rather keep the Q113/114 a LTD. The Q25 is somewhat understandable since Kissena is wider than Brewer and Parsons.

It was only a decade ago...

• Upvote 2

Everything in the Eastchester, Yonkers, Spring Creek, Baisley Park, JFK, LGA, and Far Rockaway depots are operated by MTA bus. Everything else is NYCT.

Everything in the Eastchester, Yonkers, Spring Creek, Baisley Park, JFK, LGA, and Far Rockaway depots are operated by MTA bus. Everything else is NYCT.

That explains why some MTA buses have depots at the Yonkers waterfront.

Of course, when Bee-Line buses call it quits on Turkey day & Xmas, the BxM3 is a welcome sight for sore eyes.

SBS on the Q25 isn't going to work. I don't see how adding bus lanes on Kissena is going to make getting in and out of Downtown Flushing easy.

SBS on the Q25 isn't going to work. I don't see how adding bus lanes on Kissena is going to make getting in and out of Downtown Flushing easy.

For a bus, it should be very good. For a car... well, the merge from Kissena to Main has always been terrible.

That road should really not have any parking on either side. It's far too narrow and congested to sustain that.

• Upvote 2

For a bus, it should be very good. For a car... well, the merge from Kissena to Main has always been terrible.

That road should really not have any parking on either side. It's far too narrow and congested to sustain that.

Agreed. Queens roads are a mess because they give preference to sitting cars instead of moving transportation.

This is why they will always be buried under 15+ inches of snow. DOTS can't shovel if cars are in the way...

• Upvote 1

Yeah....good luck getting those people to give up their parking spaces. If the people along Merrick Blvd protested, then it's going to be about the same on Guy Brewer Blvd. Especially by the projects.

JFK Depot! Your thoughts!

It's gonna happen

This has been the plan for the longest....

The first step was XD60...

now hypothetically speaking within the next 2 years

the Q113 will be SBS

They'll redo the stops again

I'll be curious to see what stops they kill off

• Upvote 2

It's gonna happen

This has been the plan for the longest....

The first step was XD60...

now hypothetically speaking within the next 2 years

the Q113 will be SBS

They'll redo the stops again

I'll be curious to see what stops they kill off

No. Good luck to those who think they should preserve those spaces. I'm getting really sick of the entitlement egos of car owners.

They can suck it up or move up north.

No. Good luck to those who think they should preserve those spaces. I'm getting really sick of the entitlement egos of car owners.

They can suck it up or move up north.

South since cost of living is much cheaper there.