MTA looking into a subway line to Marine Park

There were never really any drawn up route plans for any kind of post-Program for Action service. It was more of "this is what we need to do as a new agency to improve the overall transit system" type of thing. I believe the closest we got to seeing how lines would run is shown on the map from here. Of course, this map was created following some sort of push to consolidate the service designations and give the numbered routes letters.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were never really any drawn up route plans for any kind of post-Program for Action service. It was more of "this is what we need to do as a new agency to improve the overall transit system" type of thing. I believe the closest we got to seeing how lines would run is shown on the map from here. Of course, this map was created following some sort of push to consolidate the service designations and give the numbered routes letters.

Funnily enough, last week I wrote a blog post trying to envision what that would look like here.

Sure happy they didn't go that way.

I'm surprised some of you guys don't work for the MTA with all the idea's and proposals y'all have... seems like y'all have all the answers lol

The MTA does consult with the university I'm doing research at, so there's a decent chance I kind of will be. Of course, I'm well aware that none of this will ever happen due to money.

I'm surprised some of you guys don't work for the MTA with all the idea's and proposals y'all have... seems like y'all have all the answers lol

Worked at Kawasaki back in 2000-01 as a CAD designer that got me interested in NYC and it's transit system never looked at it in this way before that. I see myself getting back into the industry think in boarder national and more technical approach tho. We can use all the brains we can get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, last week I wrote a blog post trying to envision what that would look like here.

I saw the map on Reddit the other day. It looks very nice and polished. I see you've taken a few liberties with some of the routes. For example, if I recall correctly, the plan for the 2nd Avenue line in the 1960s and '70s called for the line to run to Pine St and Wall St. I also see you decided to keep the Pelham Line completely IRT as opposed to what was planned, which was a takeover of both the entirety of the Dyre Ave line along with the portion of the Pelham Line north of Hunts Point Av.

I saw the map on Reddit the other day. It looks very nice and polished. I see you've taken a few liberties with some of the routes. For example, if I recall correctly, the plan for the 2nd Avenue line in the 1960s and '70s called for the line to run to Pine St and Wall St. I also see you decided to keep the Pelham Line completely IRT as opposed to what was planned, which was a takeover of both the entirety of the Dyre Ave line along with the portion of the Pelham Line north of Hunts Point Av.

Yeah, I took a few liberties. Quite frankly, I never really saw the whole Pelham takeover thing working out in conjunction with a Third Av El replacement since that would be three lines heading down a trunk (but I have seen in other places that the plans originally had the Third Av replacement as an IRT line). Nothing is really "broken" about the current Lex local setup other than the 6 has no East Side route, or for that matter any route helping it until 125th St (thus slamming the line there).

Yeah, I took a few liberties. Quite frankly, I never really saw the whole Pelham takeover thing working out in conjunction with a Third Av El replacement since that would be three lines heading down a trunk (but I have seen in other places that the plans originally had the Third Av replacement as an IRT line). Nothing is really "broken" about the current Lex local setup other than the 6 has no East Side route, or for that matter any route helping it until 125th St (thus slamming the line there).

You did not respond on your website so I will say it here.

You made a few mistakes. Brooke Avenue should be Brook, the (B) should be stopping at Seventh Avenue in Brooklyn, you did not put in the 72nd Street station on the (B) and (C), the Q70 should end at Woodside, and instead of 238th Street on the (1) you wrote 236th Street.

Archived