MTA Seeks To Implement New SBS Bus Route in Brooklyn

East New York

Basically, a recreation of the Myrtle Avenue el. I would propose it to have the following stops (eastbound - westbound at same location unless otherwise noted):

1. Jay Street-MetroTech (A)(C)(F)(R)

2. Myrtle Avenue and Ashland Place/Navy Street (Brooklyn Hospital Center)

3. Myrtle Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue (transfer to B69)

4. Myrtle Avenue and Marcy Avenue (G)

5. Myrtle Avenue and Broadway (J)(M)(Z)

6. Myrtle Avenue and WIlson Avenue (transfer to B60)

7. Ridgewood Terminal (L)(M)

Myrtle is NOT going to work bro..... As someone who lived off Myrtle and had to use that bus every day, the double parked cars, delivery trucks and overall lack of space will make a SBS bus very unattractive.

So scratch Myrtle cause it's not gonna happen for more than a few blocks if at all.

Basically, a recreation of the Myrtle Avenue el. I would propose it to have the following stops (eastbound - westbound at same location unless otherwise noted):

1. Jay Street-MetroTech (A)(C)(F)(R)

2. Myrtle Avenue and Ashland Place/Navy Street (Brooklyn Hospital Center)

3. Myrtle Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue (transfer to B69)

4. Myrtle Avenue and Marcy Avenue (G)

5. Myrtle Avenue and Broadway (J)(M)(Z)

6. Myrtle Avenue and WIlson Avenue (transfer to B60)

7. Ridgewood Terminal (L)(M)

Myrtle is WAY to bumpy right now.. The traffic is horrendous and Myrtle is a total nightmare when it comes to parked cars.

This kind of SBS could be a game changer in the right corridor.

A Q10 JFK Link could have been a big time money maker if the Airtrain didnt exist. It might still be worthwhile with 40 footers since off hour Airtrain headways aren't what they used to be... (Who in their right mind would wait 16 minutes for an Airtrain on a weekend when you can wait only 8 for a Q10?)

This kind of SBS could be a game changer in the right corridor.

A Q10 JFK Link could have been a big time money maker if the Airtrain didnt exist. It might still be worthwhile with 40 footers since off hour Airtrain headways aren't what they used to be... (Who in their right mind would wait 16 minutes for an Airtrain on a weekend when you can wait only 8 for a Q10?)

I know some people on this forum who would not to be with the bus passengers.

(could you) Briefly describe what you mean by a JFK Link on the Q10, because a (failed) Q10a that ran straight from Queens blvd to the airport was already tried.....

I personally would have liked to have seen a bus route running from LIRR Jamaica straight to JFK before the advent of AIRTrain; but that wasn't going to happen, since the MTA would quickly bring up the existence of the Q3 being a "Jamaica to JFK" bus route (which happens to see more airport workers than it will ever see airport passengers, but that's neither here nor there, have them tell it).... Hell, when AIRtrain wasn't running during the wee hours of one weekend earlier this year, there were shuttle buses transporting pax b/w LIRR Jamaica & the airport... What terminals people were being picked up from (basically, what routing it had) & how frequently they ran, I wouldn't know - But I could tell you that whenever I saw them, they were absolutely crushloaded.....

As to that last statement there...... Hundreds upon hundreds of people are in that waiting area @ Jamaica waiting for that thing in the early afternoon hours on a saturday; around the 1-3pm slot.... One saturday a couple weeks ago after having came off the LIRR, I wanted to ride the AIRtrain to the B15.... As many people as I saw at the metrocard machines & on the other side of the turnstiles waiting for the actual train, I thought there was some sort of malfunction on the thing....

....come to find out, that type of crowding is actually normal around that time.

What I didn't know (or really, care to know) was the weekend headways of the thing...

16 mins. is absurd.

Just walked past the B54 stop on Jay St, and they are already painting bus lanes at the terminal. I would say that info in the new SBS route is bound to come out soon and the route could be running by next summer.

I say give it at least 6 mos (spring pick) or possibly by winter pick 2017 and that's if the (MTA) could get the artic equipment ASAP. I know that Grand Avenue has the maintenance facility. However, do they have the capacity to hold artics? If so, I see some their existing fleet going to Ulmer Park, Fresh Pond

I say give it at least 6 mos (spring pick) or possibly by winter pick 2017 and that's if the (MTA) could get the artic equipment ASAP. I know that Grand Avenue has the maintenance facility. However, do they have the capacity to hold artics? If so, I see some their existing fleet going to Ulmer Park, Fresh Pond

Grand Ave was built to hold artics.

It's possible, but I am being told there is another fleet shake-up on the horizon and the LFSA's could come in earlier than planned. The XD60's were due for in service testing before the XN40's which are already upstate NY at the vendor.

Yikes... What's wrong with the XD60s now? They're almost a month late...

Just walked past the B54 stop on Jay St, and they are already painting bus lanes at the terminal. I would say that info in the new SBS route is bound to come out soon and the route could be running by next summer.

That has nothing to do with SBS. It's part of the new bike lane redesign.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

http://myrtleavenue.org/clintonavebikelane/

As was said, they're painting bike lanes....

Hell, I just noticed the green bike lanes along QB today as I was on the Q60 (westbound) a couple hrs. ago....

When (did) they started painting bike lanes green, I wouldn't know...

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of terminating the current b24 route and have it run from bed stuy wodhull hospital to laguardia airport. The starting point would be at flushing and broadway

NORTHBOUND

. Make a right turn on flushing ave

. Left turn on bushwick ave eventually turns in woodpoint rd

.left turn on front st

.right turn on graham ave

.right turn on meeker ave

.left turn on mcguniess blvd

.right turn on greenpoint ave eventually turns into roosevelt ave

.left turn on 61 st

.right turn on broadway

.left turn onto the brooklyn queens expressway to grand central

SOUTHBOUND

.enter grandcentral to brooklyn queens expressway

.get off at broadway

.left turn on 61 st

.right turn on roosevelt which eventually turns into greenpoint ave

.left on mcguniess blvd which eventually turns into humboldt st

.right turn on broadway

I didnt work out the limited stop yet but its just a thought i dont know if its good idea but just my thoughts

I was thinking of terminating the current b24 route and have it run from bed stuy wodhull hospital to laguardia airport. The starting point would be at flushing and broadway

NORTHBOUND

. Make a right turn on flushing ave

. Left turn on bushwick ave eventually turns in woodpoint rd

.left turn on front st

.right turn on graham ave

.right turn on meeker ave

.left turn on mcguniess blvd

.right turn on greenpoint ave eventually turns into roosevelt ave

.left turn on 61 st

.right turn on broadway

.left turn onto the brooklyn queens expressway to grand central

SOUTHBOUND

.enter grandcentral to brooklyn queens expressway

.get off at broadway

.left turn on 61 st

.right turn on roosevelt which eventually turns into greenpoint ave

.left on mcguniess blvd which eventually turns into humboldt st

.right turn on broadway

I didnt work out the limited stop yet but its just a thought i dont know if its good idea but just my thoughts

What does this have to do with the post???

This SBS is an exclusive Downtown Brooklyn to Bushwick route.

No need to use the B24 for this route.

Archived