Metro North Rail Locomotive Engineer

The Saniter

No I didnt see anyone that came in. I got there around 8ish with the intent to study but i was told once i sign in, there was no more studying. So they sat me alllll the way up front!!! I was the 1st in the room

Ya I was in the back on the left side as you enter the hall, 3 people showed up late they were sent away but one of them ran in like he ran a marathon to get there.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JV620 It's a real pity you didn't come out. While I felt comfortable with my verbatim I didn't have it on lock and just hoped it'd be like the LIRR where as long as you clearly showed you understood the word or got your signals they'd give leeway. Never expected multiple choice. If you take RTO train operator and get called. I would recommend moving closer not necessarily into the city tho. If you end up on the number lines most of your reporting will be upper Manhattan or Bronx. Letter lines can be any Boro and you rarely ever finish where u start.

What up Saniter?! also good to put a face to a name.

@everyone else. I started off section 1 with a smile on my face thinking "what a joke!" By the end of that section I was praying plz don't test us on stuff like this anymore I'm gonna fail. Two helicopters on the moon? Seriously?! Lol. I didn't even finish lol.

Section 2 I flew thru it that was great that they made it that way.

Section 3 is the 1st time in my life that reading comprehension actually gave me such trouble there were more questions than I thought could be the right answer.

And the personality test? I'm intelligently honest.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ya I was in the back on the left side as you enter the hall, 3 people showed up late they were sent away but one of them ran in like he ran a marathon to get there.

You would think with the potential salary you can make with this job that you would get there extremely early. The woman who was giving the directions mentioned that even if you were to get the job with MTA, you CANNOT blame train issues if youre late even if it's on the line you will be operating!!! 

You would think with the potential salary you can make with this job that you would get there extremely early. The woman who was giving the directions mentioned that even if you were to get the job with MTA, you CANNOT blame train issues if youre late even if it's on the line you will be operating!!!

100 percent agree. Why add that needless stress to your commute?

Congrats to the both of y'all and everyone else who passed. I just found out that I unfortunately didn't!!! Oh well on to next one!!! Keep us posted on how things work out!!

Sorry to see that man. From our PMs I know you to be a real cool dude. And I know the moves your trying to make on your end so I wish you much luck in those endeavors. Filing for subway TO in December keep an eye out.

Sorry to see that man. From our PMs I know you to be a real cool dude. And I know the moves your trying to make on your end so I wish you much luck in those endeavors. Filing for subway TO in December keep an eye out.

Thank bro I appreciate that!! Yea I'll be looking into that in Dec!!

Good luck to all. From a person who's in the LIRR training program. Keep studying. One of the most stressful and toughest things I have ever done. Just bare it for a year and your all set. Im almost done a few more months to go. But keep it up, dont lose the information, you will get tested every month on it until the end.

My background is getting delayed by like a week now. Agency said they needed tax info from almost a decade ago. Shot over to the IRS website but it keeps claiming it can't verify I am who I say I am. WTF?! So now I have to do it thru the mail. From 20 minute to 5 plus business days. ????

My background is getting delayed by like a week now. Agency said they needed tax info from almost a decade ago. Shot over to the IRS website but it keeps claiming it can't verify I am who I say I am. WTF?! So now I have to do it thru the mail. From 20 minute to 5 plus business days.

Wow that's crazy!!! Hope they get back to you asap!!

My background is getting delayed by like a week now. Agency said they needed tax info from almost a decade ago. Shot over to the IRS website but it keeps claiming it can't verify I am who I say I am. WTF?! So now I have to do it thru the mail. From 20 minute to 5 plus business days. ????

Same here. I have to send w2 from a job I had 10 years ago. Oh well. Guess we just gotta get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to check the background check status says completed. Status: consider. Sane for everyone esle?

Yeah same for me. I called the guy who handled my background check and he said that it means they couldn't get in touch with anyone. I submitted my w2s for them so I'm good. Did you?

Yeah same for me. I called the guy who handled my background check and he said that it means they couldn't get in touch with anyone. I submitted my w2s for them so I'm good. Did you?

No still waiting for them to arrive. I called as well I don't think they got what u was asking. Still unsure if consider is good, or means I'm in limbo.

The guy told me consider means that they tried to verify employment but couldn't. I was told it was ok based on the fact I provided w2s for those jobs that said consider. My background check has been done for about a week now and so has yours so if I had to guess, we're good. Although I have a feeling that we won't hear anything for a while lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys been a while I passed the exam, and did my background that crap was a real pain in the ass with the W2s.  I had an issue where I was hired by a company and they changed thier name a few times.  The background company was a real pain in the rear about it but they made a notation of the company changing their name and said its completed.

• 1 month later...

Hey whats up guys. I am new to the forum. I as well have completed my background check and was also called to take the "Attention Exam" This week coming up. When I asked the recruiter, she said that the exam test your reaction time and your ability to stay alert. I also thinks that they will test to see if you have sleep apnea. I would assume that this is a new exam in lieu of all the train accidents that have occurred in the recent past. I read that they want to make sleep apnea testing an MTA wide thing not only a Metro North thing in which ALL ENGINEERS and CONDUCTERS must pass. 

Hey whats up guys. I am new to the forum. I as well have completed my background check and was also called to take the "Attention Exam" This week coming up. When I asked the recruiter, she said that the exam test your reaction time and your ability to stay alert. I also thinks that they will test to see if you have sleep apnea. I would assume that this is a new exam in lieu of all the train accidents that have occurred in the recent past. I read that they want to make sleep apnea testing an MTA wide thing not only a Metro North thing in which ALL ENGINEERS and CONDUCTERS must pass.

I doubt we are getting tested for sleep apnea on Friday. That would be done after a medical is done plus you have to wear a machine while your sleeping. This test is only about 20 mins from what i was told.