Metro North Rail Locomotive Engineer

The Saniter

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the interview already before they gave me the results to my attention exam I guess because I am a Train Operator lol. They told me I should hear back from them very soon good luck to those who go on the next step.

Congratulations. So what can we expect if we are granted an interview? What kind of questions do they ask?

Congratulations. So what can we expect if we are granted an interview? What kind of questions do they ask?

They asked why you wanna work with Metro North, with me they gave a me a few job scenarios and asked me how I would overcome them or how I would react.

On the day we took the exam, the gentlemen in the front (an engineer instructor) said that the exam was To hire candidates for 2017. He also said that there would be three class in 2017 one In march, June, and October. On average, he said that each class consist of 12-15 trainees.

Congrats to everyone so far. I stumbled across the email for the attention test while deleting old emails. Immediately Called the number and they were kind enough to reschedule me for next week.

Tho she did mention they are calling in a specific order. Dont know if it meant with the test or the entire process so take that with a grain of salt. Best of luck guys

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Congrats to everyone so far. I stumbled across the email for the attention test while deleting old emails. Immediately Called the number and they were kind enough to reschedule me for next week.

Tho she did mention they are calling in a specific order. Dont know if it meant with the test or the entire process so take that with a grain of salt. Best of luck guys

Sent from my LG-H918 using

Tapatalk

That's good that you came across that email and get to take the next step. Congrats to you as well. I hope we all get in for the next class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just curious, have any one heard anything back from anybody about continuing in the process? Or are we all playing the same long waiting game?

I've done interview, attention test, and did the drug test/ physical/ "obstacle course" Unless something impossible occurs next time I contacted should be a job offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, congrats. What did the physical fitness obstacle course consist of?

Thanks how far along are you?

Open a sash window 2x

Open a weighted door 2x

3 laps climbing onto and off of a elevated platform using the attached stanchions and ladder. They're @ or close to the exact height of an actual engine 2x

Unscrew by hand 16 nuts, bolts, and washers from one area and screw them into another while on elevated platform

8 laps on this walkway designed to resemble walking along the tracks. It's purposely uneven, has raised areas, and includes a third rail. And every 3rd lap with final one you have to sidestep off and back onto walkway before finishing lap.

Cool, All that does not sound hard at all. So far I passed the initial exam, passed the background check, and passed the attention exam. I am waiting for an interview and also to do all the medical and physical fitness stuff.

Cool, All that does not sound hard at all. So far I passed the initial exam, passed the background check, and passed the attention exam. I am waiting for an interview and also to do all the medical and physical fitness stuff.

I wish u the best of luck. Hopefully I see u in one of the later classes this year

• 5 months later...

Posting is up again:

https://hcm.mymta.info/psc/HCPRD/SELFSERVICE/HXMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=90569&PostingSeq=1

Note - unlike LIRR, external applicants must either be engineers from another railroad OR have 3 years of experience as a truck driver, pilot, B/O or T/O.

Posting is up again:

https://hcm.mymta.info/psc/HCPRD/SELFSERVICE/HXMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=90569&PostingSeq=1

Note - unlike LIRR, external applicants must either be engineers from another railroad OR have 3 years of experience as a truck driver, pilot, B/O or T/O.

Ive been with liberty lines for 22 years, Im thinking of calling it quits with this company.  Not going to go into detail but it isnt what the job used to be like back in the day. Im only 43 yrs of age. is there a age limit?

Edited by Articulated450

Ive been with liberty lines for 22 years, Im thinking of calling it quits with this company. Not going to go into detail but it isnt what the job used to be like back in the day. Im only 43 yrs of age. is there a age limit?

They have hired older.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done interview, attention test, and did the drug test/ physical/ "obstacle course" Unless something impossible occurs next time I contacted should be a job offer.

Did they contact you again to start in a class yet? Did you find the obstacle course difficult or would it be harder for the more 'rounder built'?  :D

Edited by JV620

Did they contact you again to start in a class yet? Did you find the obstacle course difficult or would it be harder for the more 'rounder built'? :D

No they never did. I've reached out to my recruiter via phone and email and I've never received a response. I'm so use to simply never hearing from railroad hr that this was so bizarre.

The obstacle course isn't difficult. If you can follow directions, climb a ladder, and step over anything the height of a standard desktop tower it's all good.

• 8 months later...

Good afternoon all. 

I've been looking into more information regarding the engineering hiring for MNRR. 
The initial hiring test has been completed, and I passed, and I'm assuming the background information checked out too, because I've received another email inviting me to the selective attention testing sometime this coming week. I'm assuming the interview will come afterwards -- can anyone provide details on the upcoming interview? What's it like?

I've been an BO for 7+ plus years and looking for a change.
I heard there's a way to bring over retirement time if you talk to the proper people and such. 
What's the word?