• 1 month later...

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, NYYankee said:

Hey all

I just got an email inviting me to take the test for metro north locomotive engineer. After the test, what exactly are the steps towards employment?

Hey. I’m with you. I’m scheduled for the exam as well. I wish I could find more CURRENT information on what will be on the exam so that I can study. Obviously it’s the best position and division within the MTA, and A LOT of competition for it, so I was hoping to be as prepared as possible in order to get a very high score on the exam. Haven’t found any current posts about this exam anywhere 

Yea I confirmed it. I Just wish I knew in general what will be on the exam to prepare and the process afterthe exam. What is the locomotive engineer key responsibilities form it says to bring to the exam? I didn’t get that

They're supposed to send a study packet. That packet also contains what will be on the exam. That will be sent no later than July 6. The first email they sent contains the application and duties and responsibilities of a locomotive engineer which you should've gotten already.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Nyyankee...I’m sure you’ve been studying for this exam. Do you think there is truth to the rumors that this exam will require you to write the definitions in exact verbatim? Idk too many people who can have this amount of technical definitions memorized in less than a month. It took me over three months of flight training  and studying, every day, to prepare for an exam of this magnitude 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, Yks747 said:

Hey Nyyankee...I’m sure you’ve been studying for this exam. Do you think there is truth to the rumors that this exam will require you to write the definitions in exact verbatim? Idk too many people who can have this amount of technical definitions memorized in less than a month. It took me over three months of flight training  and studying, every day, to prepare for an exam of this magnitude 

I'm not personally familiar with the exam, but if it's anything like the Locomotive Engineer S&D Exam for the LIRR then you will need to know the definitions and everything else verbatim.

Edited by TCKAS71P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello all. Just wondering if anybody heard anything  Metro North locomotive engineer exam. back in February they posted the locomotive engineers job posting on the metro North site. The deadline for the job posting was February 17th. I was passed pre screened 10 days later. A week after that started the pandemic of the Corona virus. I was wondering if anybody out there  Who applied for the position was passed pre screened and given an invitation to take the test. What I am thinking is that the Corona virus came and everything was put on hold before they announced testing times. If anyone received a test state for this job application deadline of February 17th please let me know. I do recall them posting this back in January and had to stop the posting  And repost it and asked anyone that had applied for the previous posting to re apply.Thanks

• 1 month later...

Good day to all I was just wondering bank in January  Of 2020 metro North posted on their job website locomotive engineer. I applied for the position the deadline was February 17th 2020. I was passed pre screened for the position 10 days later which would be February 27th. Then  The Corona virus pandemic started. My question to everyone who did apply that anyone that was passed pre screened receive a test date before the pandemic started or do you think they just postponed everything until this passes? I applied for the same position back in April of 2019 was passed pre screened but never selected to take the test. I did apply for this position back in January of 2018 and was selected to take the test on April 5th of 2018 and passed. somehow something went wrong with my selective attention test and did not pass. I was told I have to wait a year to  Reapply. So hopefully I get a chance at this again. Thank you if anyone has any information would be great

• 9 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:48 AM, Stephen becker said:

Good day to all I was just wondering bank in January  Of 2020 metro North posted on their job website locomotive engineer. I applied for the position the deadline was February 17th 2020. I was passed pre screened for the position 10 days later which would be February 27th. Then  The Corona virus pandemic started. My question to everyone who did apply that anyone that was passed pre screened receive a test date before the pandemic started or do you think they just postponed everything until this passes? I applied for the same position back in April of 2019 was passed pre screened but never selected to take the test. I did apply for this position back in January of 2018 and was selected to take the test on April 5th of 2018 and passed. somehow something went wrong with my selective attention test and did not pass. I was told I have to wait a year to  Reapply. So hopefully I get a chance at this again. Thank you if anyone has any information would be great

On 6/17/2020 at 7:48 AM, Stephen becker said:

I just received email today that attention tests are resuming. I am going end of April. Was fourteen months from whe. They put everything on hold. 
what does the selective attention test consist of?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, NYYankee said:

Anyone know of the locomotive engineer hiring process for metro north from test date to when training ends? 

It took me 4-6 months to get an invitation to vocabulary and personality assessment for assistant conductor. Then BG and interview if you pass that. After that, they get you into Signals and Definitions. I didn’t make it that far, but that was how the process worked for me. If anything, you can try to start off as a cleaner or signalman and then wait 2-3 years before you can become an engineer, conductor, ticket usher, or any of that.

• 1 month later...