Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
The Saniter

Metro North Rail Locomotive Engineer

BUMP

So did you guys qualify yet?? You guys just left the thread in limbo.

I just called the BSC to schedule for my attention test. Can anybody give some insight?

I never heard from my recruiter again. Already have the B/O experience, now adding T/O experience to my repertoire. 

I was called to start processing for NJT LE. Assuming this doesn't go belly up like MN. I'll make a post. Too much is unknown about hiring process outside of LIRR

Hey all

I just got an email inviting me to take the test for metro north locomotive engineer. After the test, what exactly are the steps towards employment?

On 6/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, NYYankee said:

Hey all

I just got an email inviting me to take the test for metro north locomotive engineer. After the test, what exactly are the steps towards employment?

Hey. I’m with you. I’m scheduled for the exam as well. I wish I could find more CURRENT information on what will be on the exam so that I can study. Obviously it’s the best position and division within the MTA, and A LOT of competition for it, so I was hoping to be as prepared as possible in order to get a very high score on the exam. Haven’t found any current posts about this exam anywhere 

Yea I confirmed it. I Just wish I knew in general what will be on the exam to prepare and the process afterthe exam. What is the locomotive engineer key responsibilities form it says to bring to the exam? I didn’t get that

They're supposed to send a study packet. That packet also contains what will be on the exam. That will be sent no later than July 6. The first email they sent contains the application and duties and responsibilities of a locomotive engineer which you should've gotten already.

Hey Nyyankee...I’m sure you’ve been studying for this exam. Do you think there is truth to the rumors that this exam will require you to write the definitions in exact verbatim? Idk too many people who can have this amount of technical definitions memorized in less than a month. It took me over three months of flight training  and studying, every day, to prepare for an exam of this magnitude 

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, Yks747 said:

Hey Nyyankee...I’m sure you’ve been studying for this exam. Do you think there is truth to the rumors that this exam will require you to write the definitions in exact verbatim? Idk too many people who can have this amount of technical definitions memorized in less than a month. It took me over three months of flight training  and studying, every day, to prepare for an exam of this magnitude 

I'm not personally familiar with the exam, but if it's anything like the Locomotive Engineer S&D Exam for the LIRR then you will need to know the definitions and everything else verbatim.

Edited by TCKAS71P

Sorry I didn't have time to answer, but it is best to study the definitions because you have to know the exact definitions.

Thank you both very much. Yea I’ve been studying. Not easy for me though. Brain gets fried real fast trying to cram all of the definitions in a short amount of tome. I can just hope for the best