Man pours gasoline into Subway Booth in attempted robbery

East New York

So in other words, this doesn't make the news?

No. Just as when the movie Money Train came out and a bunch of booths were torched, they've learned their lesson and don't want to publicize this because it will inspire copycats.

To answer the other poster's question...yes, booths are equipped with fire prevention methods like Halon systems. It makes trying to burn down a booth a fool's errand.

The high concentration of gasoline fumes and the likelihood of getting gas on the agent probably is probably why they needed medical. Halon, once triggered, would prevent the chemical reaction of "fire" from taking place.

So, basically, don't try this.

Shame they didn't catch the bastard.

Wow

Yeah only when the subject caused this news and possibly the copycats (Halon cannot hold it) shall be arrested for their rest of their life. If one scenario of Committing robbery, Government might feel unhappy if one of the robber unfortunately escape. Finally, to teach lesson, whom started and take part of this robbery like happened in the subway station shall really be sentenced to death penalty, then that is "Wow".

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Yeah only when the subject caused this news and possibly the copycats (Halon cannot hold it) shall be arrested for their rest of their life. If one scenario of Committing robbery, Government might feel unhappy if one of the robber unfortunately escape. Finally, to teach lesson, whom started and take part of this robbery like happened in the subway station shall really be sentenced to death penalty, then that is "Wow".

I disagree with the death penalty. It is cruel and unusual punishment and therefore is unconstitutional.

I disagree with the death penalty on the grounds that there are worst fates than death. :)

Then just let the robbers rest in prison. We cannot let them ruin the stations and steal the money, therefore hurting the economy.

Archived