Bee-Line to buy 33 new articulated buses

GojiMet86

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 9:33 PM, MysteriousBtrain said:

The XDE60s are due to hit service this week, with about 10 per month delivered. Get your neoplan shots now because they are likely gone by next summer.

I'm guessing we'll see them on the 60? I hope to see them while on my break soon if so!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

So I'm planning on taking bee-line tomorrow, anyone wanna tell me which routes to take? I prefer either fast sections like operating on a highway or like ridership but like a somewhat decent frequency so I'm not f**ked if I miss the bus. Thanks!

The 78 has some fast sections near the eastern end of the route, including a highway.  Routes 1 and 2 from Broadway and 242nd as well as Route 20 from Bedford Park Blvd and Jerome Avenue have fairly decent ridership.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:27 PM, danielhg121 said:

So I'm planning on taking bee-line tomorrow, anyone wanna tell me which routes to take? I prefer either fast sections like operating on a highway or like ridership but like a somewhat decent frequency so I'm not f**ked if I miss the bus. Thanks!

If you mean that you want to ride the new buses, try the 4, 20 or 21 as those lines have ridership. Occasionally, they will also pop up on the 7, or any of the Route 1 variants except 1T.

#303 gave a 20 B/O some trouble last Thursday. He reached White Plains at the end of his 5:21 20X trip, did a layover (turned the bus off) until he was due out for his s/b 7:15 20 trip. Had issues trying to move the bus at first after starting it back up, then upon reaching the first stop, the front door wouldn't open, because the bus thought the back door was open, when it clearly it was shut. Supervisor eventually showed up, helped resolved the situation. 7:35 trip took care of the waiting passengers around White Plains, while the 7:15 trip deadheaded onto Central Park Avenue to begin pick-ups there (didn't actually pick up until around Hartsdale Avenue, and the bus barely made pickups until around Fort Hill/Centuck, since the B/O for the 7:00 trip further ahead goes too slow anyway).

17 hours ago, Axis said:

#303 gave a 20 B/O some trouble last Thursday. He reached White Plains at the end of his 5:21 20X trip, did a layover (turned the bus off) until he was due out for his s/b 7:15 20 trip. Had issues trying to move the bus at first after starting it back up, then upon reaching the first stop, the front door wouldn't open, because the bus thought the back door was open, when it clearly it was shut. Supervisor eventually showed up, helped resolved the situation. 7:35 trip took care of the waiting passengers around White Plains, while the 7:15 trip deadheaded onto Central Park Avenue to begin pick-ups there (didn't actually pick up until around Hartsdale Avenue, and the bus barely made pickups until around Fort Hill/Centuck, since the B/O for the 7:00 trip further ahead goes too slow anyway).

Probably a sensor issue. They did numerous modifications to the rest of the fleet after 302 came.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Axis said:

As of late, the Neoplan artics seem to have been reassigned to certain runs/picks on the W20 line that previously had the XDE60's for a bit. Wonder what happened...

The XDE60's from the 20 are probably being rotated to the other routes that use artics

• 4 weeks later...

Archived