Bee-Line to buy 33 new articulated buses

GojiMet86

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, and I have to ask, which bonehead decided to order such small side LEDs for these buses? I get they aren't the primary means of conveying the route information, but I feel there's no reason why these new LED screens are just as restrictive as the older flipdots on the outgoing artics. I've noticed on several standard routes like the 42 to 241 Street or the 7 to Yonkers RR, the text has to be in thin weight in order for the message to fit on those tiny signs. Mind you, both of those routes fit normally on all of the LEDs for the 40-foot buses, either with regular weight text or with a smaller font size. With the small size, I'm not even sure if they could program the signs to use a smaller font. Not without being completely illegible from anywhere not directly on top of the bus.

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, and I have to ask, which bonehead decided to order such small side LEDs for these buses? I get they aren't the primary means of conveying the route information, but I feel there's no reason why these new LED screens are just as restrictive as the older flipdots on the outgoing artics. I've noticed on several standard routes like the 42 to 241 Street or the 7 to Yonkers RR, the text has to be in thin weight in order for the message to fit on those tiny signs. Mind you, both of those routes fit normally on all of the LEDs for the 40-foot buses, either with regular weight text or with a smaller font size. With the small size, I'm not even sure if they could program the signs to use a smaller font. Not without being completely illegible from anywhere not directly on top of the bus.

I dont understand why they didnt order the same side sign like NYC has. Prob the dumbest decision theyve done on their part.

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

Which neoplans in particular have been retired?

501 - First Neoplan, 2001 model. PARTS.

512 - DASHBus.

523 - PARTS.

555 - Private Owned.

556 - DASHBus.

557 - DASHBus.

572 - PARTS. Had experimental orange LED's. Involved in accident in November that took it out of service indefinitely.

573 - DASHBus.

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I rode 502 a couple of weeks, I was surprised that was one of the first Neoplans Bee line ever bought, it was an great shape for its age.

Some of them are in excellent shape, even the already retired ones. I don't know why they're going at random retiring them instead of retiring the ones that are in worse condition first, but what can you do. 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:42 PM, Lance said:

Probably the same guy that decided to put the USB ports in such an awkward spot.

Heaven forbid if someone is mistakenly trying to plug in something backwards and a fellow rider thinks that you’re pleasuring yourself instead of struggling to charge your phone...

6 hours ago, paulrivera said:

Probably the same guy that decided to put the USB ports in such an awkward spot.

Heaven forbid if someone is mistakenly trying to plug in something backwards and a fellow rider thinks that you’re pleasuring yourself instead of struggling to charge your phone...

You had me hollering on the Bx9...

• 1 month later...