NJ Transit Bus Operator New Hire

Carlos1son

Hello All, 

I am going to start soon as a bus operator and I would like to ask a few questions. 

1. Is the road test hard for bus operators? Is there any leniency being that you work for NJ transit?

2. Does the pay go up after probation period?

3. How is the job? Is it hard? and how does your work schedule work out to be?

Thanks for all your help 

Carlos 

Welcome to NJ Transit.

Being your are Howell I way say have fun because they will work you like hell. Howell is the busiest garage in njt.

Youll get your raises. Yes your pay goes up after the probation period.

You will not be on your own until you learn every line and every leg of all the lines.

Your hours will be crazy but being howell is not a 24hr garage you won't get any midnight jobs for start times.

The road test is easy, pay attention and it will be impossible to fail.

Its only hard if you make it hard.

Welcome to NJ Transit.

Being your are Howell I way say have fun because they will work you like hell. Howell is the busiest garage in njt.

Youll get your raises. Yes your pay goes up after the probation period.

You will not be on your own until you learn every line and every leg of all the lines.

Your hours will be crazy but being howell is not a 24hr garage you won't get any midnight jobs for start times.

The road test is easy, pay attention and it will be impossible to fail.

Its only hard if you make it hard.

Thanks for your help

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. I start training on 10/23 and will be assigned to the Orange Garage. What should I expect ? Also I was advise that my position will not be a Provisional bus op but a full time bus op. What’s the difference? I’m also on the waiting list as a NYC MTA bus op. Which would be best ?

Archived