Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

The Nu-Nu: 2016 New Flyer Xcelsior CNG (XN40)

paint scheme looks kinda funky  :mellow:

It isn't a paint scheme... They're wrapped, but I agree... Rather ugly, but at least they'll be wrapped properly and the blue should hide dirt.

It isn't a paint scheme... They're wrapped, but I agree... Rather ugly, but at least they'll be wrapped properly and the blue should hide dirt.

IIRC all buses after the last XD60 order are going to be painted. This included.

More of these new scheme buses are painted than wrapped.

The XD60 order was from 5364-5438.

5368 and 5412-5438 are ALL PAINTED. The numbers that I didn't mention are WRAPPED.

Now, every new bus coming in will be PAINTED in the new scheme.

The thing is, what are the repaints gonna look like, these are fresh because they're from the factory. Here, they can't get a simple blue/white repaint done right, I don't know what's gonna happen with these.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
  • Upvote 1

5368 and 5412-5438 are ALL PAINTED. The numbers that I didn't mention are WRAPPED.

The thing is, what are the repaints gonna look like, these are fresh because they're from the factory. Here, they can't get a simple blue/white repaint done right, I don't know what's gonna happen with these.

That's if they paint them. They could do like what they did with the first OG overhauls (white faces) and use decals. 

As per a higher up friend at TA, he told me that plans to paint any of the current white and blue units have been cancelled. Anything that we have currently coming in will get this scheme.

I'd assume they'd have to now make a uniform paint job.

But what I'm really waiting for, is how is the MTA gonna separate SBS buses from the new buses. Especially since the new buses are much more noticeable and distinct than their SBS counterparts. 

As per a higher up friend at TA, he told me that plans to paint any of the current white and blue units have been cancelled. Anything that we have currently coming in will get this scheme.

Bro, I'm talking about when the new scheme buses are up for their repaints, read.

The will be in service shortly.

None of the XD60 order that went to BP and JK is paint, they were all painted white and wrapped. Ones that LOOK like paint was actually wrapped at New Flyer and was wrapped properly.

As for the XN40s, upon close inspection and confirmation from the firm that is applying the wrap at the manufacturer, the only thing that is paint is the base blue color, everything else is decal including the yellow on the rear.

Edited by The Real

The will be in service shortly.

None of the XD60 order that went to BP and JK is paint, they were all painted white and wrapped. Ones that LOOK like paint was actually wrapped at New Flyer and was wrapped properly.

So none of the new buses are/will be painted? All of them are/will be wrapped?

As for the XN40s, upon close inspection and confirmation from the firm that is applying the wrap at the manufacturer, the only thing that is paint is the base blue color, everything else is decal including the yellow on the rear.

Ahh, now I get it.

So none of the new buses are/will be painted? All of them are/will be wrapped?

Answers to that are in bold above.

XN40s are CNG, and the only buses that need CNG bus replacement are wf and jg. NYCT buses.

Gotcha makes sense.