'Pandemonium' Ensures After Fight on J Train

YankeesPwnMets

The conductor is in charge of the train and can pull the cord whenever they feel something is unsafe.

Furthermore, this PANDEMONIUM was caused because the conductor was assaulted, by an OFF DUTY COP! You better believe the system is going to go to a stand still when that happens!

What was the officer thinking? How did such a scumbag even pass everything that is required to become a cop?

He was apparantly already on desk duty for assaulting a one year old. 

The conductor is in charge of the train and can pull the cord whenever they feel something is unsafe.

Furthermore, this PANDEMONIUM was caused because the conductor was assaulted, by an OFF DUTY COP! You better believe the system is going to go to a stand still when that happens!

I was under the assumption that the train was in the tunnel when she pulled the cord, thereby trapping everyone else in between stations too. I read some more sources and apparently the train was halfway in the station, and in that case it made sense to pull the cord. My apologies.

I always wondered about putting an emergency brake in a passenger-accessible location. There are lots of warnings stating not to pull the brakes. But when do you pull it? Surely there must be an official stance on deploying the brakes.

I always wondered about putting an emergency brake in a passenger-accessible location. There are lots of warnings stating not to pull the brakes. But when do you pull it? Surely there must be an official stance on deploying the brakes.

The MTA always has said, then you use it when the train is in the station and someone is being dragged or something like that.

They need a cover on the Emergency Brake. Its way to easy for someone to just grab it.

What they should have are stickers detailing when not to use the emergency break. People are too stupid to realize what a break does.

They're actual stickers in some of the cars. Especially, the newer equipment.

On the NTTs, when a passenger EBV is pulled, the train will not go into emergency until the train is completely stopped in the station and doors open....

There's more to this story that I won't get into.......

They're actual stickers in some of the cars. Especially, the newer equipment.

On the NTTs, when a passenger EBV is pulled, the train will not go into emergency until the train is completely stopped in the station and doors open....

There's more to this story that I won't get into.......

Understood.....

I guess the off duty cop didn't read the notice that assaulting an (MTA) employee will get him 7 years in jail, a $250,000 fine or both. This is my one pet peeve with PO's. Just because you wear a badge, it doesn't mean you are made of teflon

Archived