Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
metsfan

Hoboken terminal problem

Rail Update Due to a disabled train, all service in/out of Hoboken Terminal is subject to 20-30 minute delays.

- A

Rail Update Due to a disabled train, all service in/out of Hoboken Terminal is subject to 20-30 minute delays.

- A

The reason was because NJ Transit GP40PH-2 #4110 broke down in Spring Valley NY and had to be rescued.

Eric

Wow, that sucks. I guess that one will be on the bench for a while. Did they pull a full train out of hoboken to fetch the passengers with a second engine attached?

- A

Wow, that sucks. I guess that one will be on the bench for a while. Did they pull a full train out of hoboken to fetch the passengers with a second engine attached?

- A

There were 2 separate trains together. 4110's train came into the terminal first and then the other train was hooked up to him so there were 2 trains in one. I did get a photo of the train however it wasn't a good photo though.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1336309

Eric

Wile they were maneuvering the train at the terminal it likely took up too much space or some such. Also, if a switcher came & moved the dead loco afterwards it would have had to go out & back, pick it up, then go out, and possibly back again to park it etc etc.

- A