Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Hoboken terminal problem

metsfan

Rail Update Due to a disabled train, all service in/out of Hoboken Terminal is subject to 20-30 minute delays.

- A

The reason was because NJ Transit GP40PH-2 #4110 broke down in Spring Valley NY and had to be rescued.

Eric

Wow, that sucks. I guess that one will be on the bench for a while. Did they pull a full train out of hoboken to fetch the passengers with a second engine attached?

- A

Wow, that sucks. I guess that one will be on the bench for a while. Did they pull a full train out of hoboken to fetch the passengers with a second engine attached?

- A

There were 2 separate trains together. 4110's train came into the terminal first and then the other train was hooked up to him so there were 2 trains in one. I did get a photo of the train however it wasn't a good photo though.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1336309

Eric

Wile they were maneuvering the train at the terminal it likely took up too much space or some such. Also, if a switcher came & moved the dead loco afterwards it would have had to go out & back, pick it up, then go out, and possibly back again to park it etc etc.

- A

Archived