Discontinued bus routes schedules still on MTA website

Dan1

look at the x3/4/17A/19 and compeer service levels.

That's irrelevant, as those routes don't serve the same areas.  Tottenville for example currently only has Midtown service. There should be some sort of Downtown variant as well or an easy transfer established similar to the X11/X31 arrangement.

That's irrelevant, as those routes don't serve the same areas.  Tottenville for example currently only has Midtown service. There should be some sort of Downtown variant as well or an easy transfer established similar to the X11/X31 arrangement.

Every express bus should have a Midtown and Downtown pairing, like the X27/37 or like the QM7/8, the QM24/25, etc.

Every express bus should have a Midtown and Downtown pairing, like the X27/37 or like the QM7/8, the QM24/25, etc.

Not all lines... Just some lines... In some cases, there may not be enough ridership to support a Midtown and Downtown variant.  That's where demographics come into play.  In certain neighborhoods, you'll have more people working Downtown and considerably fewer in others.

The infamous Bronx Science/Lehman College- Jamaica express. Was that operated by Casey Stegal or Jamaica and was RTS or Orion V equipment used for that line. Didn't really frequent the line during my days at Lehman College but had decent ridership.

I believe Jamaica at first, then it switched to Stengel. Around the end, they used the suburban Orion Vs

Well since most people in SI are familiar with transferring from express buses they just want people to transfer to and from the X19. However if they notice a lot of people are transferring or traveling to get downtown service, it could be put on the table.

The infamous Bronx Science/Lehman College- Jamaica express. Was that operated by Casey Stegal or Jamaica and was RTS or Orion V equipment used for that line. Didn't really frequent the line during my days at Lehman College but had decent ridership.

I saw some RTSs out of QV running this route.

• 1 month later...

I have a shot of 1993 Orion V #93079 on the X-32 on Paul Ave. at W. 205 St. next to Bronx High School of Science. When I saw it, it had a good load. They also used the soft-seaters on this route. Toward the end, it was QV & CS in the AM, and all CS in the PM. 

The highest 5-digit Orion V was 93096. The MTA only acknowledges up to 93092, but I have photo evidence of 93096, which I photographed at Queens Village LIRR station.

I believe Jamaica at first, then it switched to Stengel. Around the end, they used the suburban Orion Vs

I saw some RTSs out of QV running this route.

I think near the end though it was mainly CS only

I have a shot of 1993 Orion V #93079 on the X-32 on Paul Ave. at W. 205 St. next to Bronx High School of Science. When I saw it, it had a good load. They also used the soft-seaters on this route. Toward the end, it was QV & CS in the AM, and all CS in the PM. 

The highest 5-digit Orion V was 93096. The MTA only acknowledges up to 93092, but I have photo evidence of 93096, which I photographed at Queens Village LIRR station.

I knew I was crazy...I would see that bus everyday at Bayside H.S. on the Q28. If I remember correctly, the X32 began with Casey Stengel (all THREE branches...165th St Terminal, Oakland Gardens and Bay Terrace) because I remember the 165th St Terminal branch always had an Orion V. Towards the end ALL three Queens Divisions operated the X32 as I have seen Jamaica's suburbans operate the 165th St Terminal branch, Queens Village operated the Oakland Gardens branch and Casey Stengel kept the Bay Terrace branch. I remember this as I was traveling to High School and would observe ALL three branches. At some point, Casey Stengel took over the 165th St Terminal branch towards the end. "UTC Bus Roster" is correct that Casey Stengel operated all X32 service in the afternoon.

Original schedules different from today's routing -

Original X21 & X22 - 01/2002

Original X30 & X31 - 06/03/1991

None of those bus routes (X9, X11, X13, X30 and X31) were on the 1990 OR 1991 Staten Island Bus Map. Wonder why?

Archived