The R160 AAS Program Thread

Javier

So, since I love the technological advances of the R160's, I decided to make a thread regarding the R160 AAS programs. Ill first start off with the programs for the (A).

(A) 207th St-Far Rockaway

(A) 207th St-Ozone/Lefferts Park

(A) 207th St-Rockaway Park

(A) 207th St-Rockaway Blvd

(A) 207th St-Howard Beach-JFK

(A) 125th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk

(A) 145th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk

(A) Aqueduct Racetrk-Far Rockaway

(A) 207th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk via Delancey St

(A) 207th St-Coney Island via Culver/Delancey St

(A) 207th St-Coney Island via Culver/West 4 St

(A) 207th St-Euclid Av

(A) Euclid Av-Lefferts Blvd Shuttle

(A) Far Rockaway-Rockaway Pk Thru Lcl

(A) 207th St-Broad Channel

(A) Far Rockaway-Broad Channel

(A) Norwood 205th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk <-- (No longer a destination option as of 2013) via Concourse

(A) 207th St-Chambers St WTC

(A) 207th St-via 6th Avenue from 59th St to West 4th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk

(A) 207th St-168th St (No longer a option.)

(A) 168th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk

That's the list for the (A)! Any questions?

So, since I love the technological advances of the R160's, I decided to make a thread regarding the R160 AAS programs. Ill first start off with the programs for the (A).

(A) 207th St-Euclid Av

(A) Norwood 205th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk <-- (No longer a destination option as of 2013) via Concourse

(A) 207th St-via 6th Avenue from 59th St to West 4th St-Far Rockaway/Ozone-Park/Rockaway Pk

Why isn't there an option for ending at Bedford Park Blvd?

Why would there be? Bedford Park may be a terminal, but I don't think we've ever had a G.O or reroute that ended at Bedford Park for the (A) or (C).

There was, however a shuttle (B) route from 145th to Bedford Park some years ago (pre-2010) that was removed.

(A) 207th St-Euclid Av

Nothing to Dyckman Street?

I know that, but what's the point of making it an (A)?

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Because the (S) runs from Broad Channel to Rockaway Park, whereas that designation involves a train originating from Far Rockaway (part of the (A) route), through the Hammels Wye, and then serving the areas the (S) serves (and vice-versa). In that scenario, that train would not serve Broad Channel

Thank you for posting the programs, Javier! As you know I'm very interested in the NTT's sign capabilities. Can't wait for the other routes!

You sure about that?

I just came across a (S) route from 59th St to 125th St that was removed in 2008...thats just downright stupid...

Why would there be? Bedford Park may be a terminal, but I don't think we've ever had a G.O or reroute that ended at Bedford Park for the (A) or (C).

There was, however a shuttle (B) route from 145th to Bedford Park some years ago (pre-2010) that was removed.

There was a (C) that went to 205th Street as a reroute back in 2010.

Just because you, myself, or anyone who takes the train doesn't see something happen, does not mean it didn't happen. I used to live up in Bedford Park and I remember a while back a (C) was re-routed via Concourse for an unknown reason also my freshman year of high school back in 2009 an (A) was re-routed via Concourse because the T/O punched in the wrong lineup at 125th. It happens, obviously I don't have pictures to back this up but I personally do remember this happening. I bet you don't remember the (6) terminating at Woodlawn do you almost a decade ago and there are programs for the (6), and (5) to Woodlawn as there are the (4) to PBP

Just because you, myself, or anyone who takes the train doesn't see something happen, does not mean it didn't happen. I used to live up in Bedford Park and I remember a while back a (C) was re-routed via Concourse for an unknown reason also my freshman year of high school back in 2009 an (A) was re-routed via Concourse because the T/O punched in the wrong lineup at 125th. It happens, obviously I don't have pictures to back this up but I personally do remember this happening. I bet you don't remember the (6) terminating at Woodlawn do you almost a decade ago and there are programs for the (6), and (5) to Woodlawn as there are the (4) to PBP

Wow...I never knew that...

For this and a lot of questions regarding the AAS, it's a matter of the creativity of the programmers. While there are some route options that may make a few scratch their heads in wonder, there are also a few that should be available but aren't.

We've also never seen a G.O. for the (D) to 179 Street, and yet it's there in the system.

Nothing to Dyckman Street?

See my response to UT.

I will update the list with my personal observations over the years as soon as I can.

Hey hey easy easy i never said they never happened, I said I dont think we've had a (A) or (C) terminate at Bedford Park not 205th St. Two different terminals.

Wasn't (C) the Concourse Rush Hour local to BPB until the late 90s? When my family lived by the Concourse back then, I do remember seeing blue circles at the 167 St entrance.

Wasn't (C) the Concourse Rush Hour local to BPB until the late 90s? When my family lived by the Concourse back then, I do remember seeing blue circles at the 167 St entrance.

Yes, I clearly remember seeing this on the subway maps in the late 90s as well.

EDIT: here's a link to the map http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/caption.pl?/img/maps/calcagno-1997-august-sub-rus.gif

Why were the (B) and (C) switched above 145 Street in 1998?

Few reasons.

1. Simplifying the (C) northern terminal. It used to have 3 northern terminals

2. The (A) and (C) shared its fleet (R32s and R38s) so having it run to 168 made it easier for yard access. Plus when weekend service was extended from 145 to 168 beginning in 1995, they used to have to have 3 (C) Trains from Concourse Yard deadhead to 135 (Sometimes to 59), change ends where it would deadhead to 174 Street Yard Friday nights (Vice versa Sunday Nights). Also originally when they did the terminal switch, the (C) was originally to become OPTO on weekends.

3. Also since the (B) occasionally borrowed trains from the (D) Train as well as the (D) borrowing a R68/R68A set from CIY (Still happens to this day), it would be easier to borrow plus they would travel the same route between Grand Street and Bedford Park Blvd.

What does AAS actually stand for?

Automated Announcement System

I was going to simply edit Javier's post, but I've decided against it. Here's what I have so far for the (A) line. Also, the routes on this list may have been removed at some point. Apologies if this repeats some entries from the first post. The format is as follows:

Line|Origin|Destination|Route Info

A|Far Rockaway|168 Street|Fulton St Exp, 8 Av Exp
A|Far Rockaway|Broad Channel|Shuttle
A|Far Rockaway|Broadway Junction|Fulton St Exp
A|Far Rockaway|Broadway Junction|Fulton St Local
A|Far Rockaway|Dyckman St|Fulton St Exp, 8 Av Exp
A|Far Rockaway|Euclid Av|Shuttle
A|Far Rockaway|Howard Bch-JFK|Shuttle
A|Far Rockaway|Inwood-207 Street|Fulton St Exp, 8 Av Exp
A|Far Rockaway|Inwood-207 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
A|Far Rockaway|Rockaway Blvd|Shuttle
A|Inwood-207 Street|2 Avenue|8 Av Local