1N007 South Ferry-148 St 7 AV LOCAL/BROADWAY LOCAL

1S008 242 St-Rector St 7 AV LOCAL/BROADWAY LOCAL

1N008 Rector St-242 St 7 AV LOCAL/BROADWAY LOCAL

1SNA9 SOUTH FERRY-BOWLING GREEN SHUTTLE NOINSYS

1S010 96 St-South Ferry 7 AV LOCAL/BROADWAY LOCAL

1N010 South Ferry-96 St St 7 AV LOCAL/BROADWAY LOCAL

1S011 East 180th St-SOUTH FERRY N/A 7 AV LOCAL/BRONX LOCAL NOINSYS

1N011 South Ferry-East 180th St 7 AV LOCAL/BRONX LOCAL NOINSYS

I just realized there are no (1) train programs to 14 Street or 215 Street, or 137 Street to/from South Ferry on an NTT.

I just realized there are no (1) train programs to 14 Street or 215 Street, or 137 Street to/from South Ferry on an NTT.

Why in the world would there be a (1) to 215th St program. And there is a 137th St program to/from South Ferry, I forgot to add that in there.

Was W3 supposed to be 95th - Whitehall St, or is there a secret SAS switch that allows 2nd Avenue - Astoria routing O_o

Um no...

From 96th St, the (W) would go down 2nd Avenue then via the (Q) to Lex-63rd St, then down to 57th St-7 Av and switch over to the local track down to Whitehall St.

I also forgot to add the express variants but I'm sure you guys know whats express and whats not (I hope...)

Why in the world would there be a (1) to 215th St program. And there is a 137th St program to/from South Ferry, I forgot to add that in there.

Um no...

From 96th St, the (W) would go down 2nd Avenue then via the (Q) to Lex-63rd St, then down to 57th St-7 Av and switch over to the local track down to Whitehall St.

I also forgot to add the express variants but I'm sure you guys know whats express and whats not (I hope...)

There are some (1) s that drop out at 215th in the morning.

Whitehall to anywhere on QBL is NOT possible via 53rd Street in any way shape or form.

Yeah, that one is odd.

Some (1) trains in the late AM rush are scheduled to terminate at 215 Street.

Whitehall to anywhere on QBL is NOT possible via 53rd Street in any way shape or form.

That was a typo, my bad. I meant to write 63rd St but autocorrected to 53rd St (since I use that tunnel so much lol).

@Daniel, whatever. I'm just posting what I see in front of me.

While it's undoubtedly a clunky setup, a necessity due to the processing power of the computers used for these things, it's far from the code-punch setup you guys are envisioning.

This system makes much more sense than the code system that was suggested. The code system would make it almost impossible for conductors to filter out routes, which happens quite often.

And Javier, there is a shuttle program on the (7) to Vernon-Jackson. The 34-VJ I'm not so sure about.

I don't believe at some of the codings he posted.

Agreed.

That was a typo, my bad. I meant to write 63rd St but autocorrected to 53rd St (since I use that tunnel so much lol).

@Daniel, whatever. I'm just posting what I see in front of me.

Like I said before, providing proof goes a long way to improving your credibility around here. Since I'm almost positive this list of yours exists in paper form or at least something tangible, you could take a picture of it and post it here, right?

This system makes much more sense than the code system that was suggested. The code system would make it almost impossible for conductors to filter out routes, which happens quite often.

It would also be a pain in the ass for conductors to remember which codes correspond to which route. I'm reminded of the 46s, which have cheat sheets for the most common routes on the (A), (F) and (R) because the full list of routes is so large.

Here's another installment of the routes I observed, this time from the (B) and (C):

B|145 Street|Brighton Beach|Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, Brighton Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|2 Av|Concourse Local, Central Park West Local, 6 Av Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|Brighton Beach|Concourse Local, Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, Brighton Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|Coney Island|Concourse Local, Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, West End Exp
B|Brighton Beach|145 Street|Brighton Exp|6 Av Exp|Central Pk W Local
B|Brighton Beach|Bedford Park Blvd|Brighton Exp|6 Av Exp|Central Pk W Local|Concourse Local
C|168 Street|Canal St|8 Av Local
C|168 Street|Chambers St|8 Av Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Exp, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Local via Delancey St, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Lefferts Blvd|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Rockaway Park|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|World Trade Ctr|8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|145 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|168 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Exp
C|Euclid Av|168 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|Bedford Park Blvd|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local, Concourse Local
C|Euclid Av|Inwood-207 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|Norwood-205 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local, Concourse Local

Enjoy.

Agreed.

Like I said before, providing proof goes a long way to improving your credibility around here. Since I'm almost positive this list of yours exists in paper form or at least something tangible, you could take a picture of it and post it here, right?

It would also be a pain in the ass for conductors to remember which codes correspond to which route. I'm reminded of the 46s, which have cheat sheets for the most common routes on the (A), (F) and (R) because the full list of routes is so large.

Here's another installment of the routes I observed, this time from the (B) and (C):

B|145 Street|Brighton Beach|Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, Brighton Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|2 Av|Concourse Local, Central Park West Local, 6 Av Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|Brighton Beach|Concourse Local, Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, Brighton Exp
B|Bedford Pk Blvd|Coney Island|Concourse Local, Central Pk W Local, 6 Av Exp, West End Exp
C|168 Street|Canal St|8 Av Local
C|168 Street|Chambers St|8 Av Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Exp, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Euclid Av|8 Av Local via Delancey St, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Lefferts Blvd|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|Rockaway Park|8 Av Local, Fulton St Local
C|168 Street|World Trade Ctr|8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|145 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|168 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Exp
C|Euclid Av|168 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|Inwood-207 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local
C|Euclid Av|Norwood-205 Street|Fulton St Local, 8 Av Local, Concourse Local

Enjoy.

I thought that there would be more (B) options... Only 4 options seems small...

@Lance if that's honestly what you think I should do, so be it.

@TonyBoy, no there's also the (B) to Astoria, Coney Island, Coney ISLAND via West End, Times Sq-42nd and Whitehall.

I can vouch for the (B) to Astoria and Coney Island via West End. There are videos of the announcements on Youtube.

And Javier, there is a shuttle program on the (7) to Vernon-Jackson. The 34-VJ I'm not so sure about.

Didnt someone post a video of 34-VJ during the January Blizzard? Or am I imagining things.

I thought that there would be more (B) options... Only 4 options seems small...

I can vouch for the (B) to Astoria and Coney Island via West End. There are videos of the announcements on Youtube.

Here's another installment of the routes I observed, this time from the  (B) and  (C):

I really do wish people would pay attention. What I'm posting is a list of route options that observed, either through what's posted here and/or on YouTube or during my own travels. I do not have a full list of route options like Javier claims to possess.

Also, while there are several route options proven through various means, I cannot verify their exact routes, which is why I haven't included them. Using the (B) to Astoria option, I cannot tell from one announcement the exact route that option would take. Would it run through the Montague St tubes or across the Bridge? Is it a Broadway Local or Express? One announcement for a Ditmars Blvd-bound (B) via the (N) line is not sufficient enough proof or verification for me. When I get that information, I will include the option in my list.

The <C> used to terminate at Bedford Park Blvd. a long time ago according to this map:  http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/files/file/105-1988-new-york-city-transit-authority-subway-map/

That's nice. It does remind me that there is an option for the (C) from Euclid Av to Bedford Park Blvd in the AAS, which has been added to the list above.

Didnt someone post a video of 34-VJ during the January Blizzard? Or am I imagining things.

I posted a video of the Vernon-Jackson shuttle program, which I believe is supposed to be used between Hunters Point and Vernon-Jackson, however the conductor activated it at Grand Central. I don't know of a 34-VJ.

I really do wish people would pay attention. What I'm posting is a list of route options that I observed, either through what's posted here and/or on YouTube or during my own travels. I do not have a full list of route options like Javier claims to possess.

Also, while there are several route options proven through various means, I cannot verify their exact routes, which is why I haven't included them. Using the (B) to Astoria option, I cannot tell from one announcement the exact route that option would take. Would it run through the Montague St tubes or across the Bridge? Is it a Broadway Local or Express? One announcement for a Ditmars Blvd-bound (B) via the (N) line is not sufficient enough proof or verification for me. When I get that information, I will include the option in my list.

I was just vouching for some of the routes Javier posted, since some of us were doubting the accuracy of his list.

As per request from Lance to better "authenticate" the program list, here's the document version of the AAS systems (B) route. Hence at the bottom you'll find a weird shuttle program from Prospect Pk to Brighton Beach. It's under the (B) route section for some odd reason, probably a reroute of the Franklin Shuttle? The code for it is BS?15?N, meaning it's apart of the (B) line. 

ZEIbwTE.pngFVIXvty.png

KGRbDR2.pngT0pnIPS.png

I do believe IIRC a (B) to Continental or maybe it was the (D) to Continental 71 Av also a (D) to Far Rockaway

have seen a (B) to 71 Av at Parsons Blvd (layup of course) but only caught a glimpse of it. It might've been a (D). But there is definitely a (D) to Far Rockaway. 

As per request from Lance to better "authenticate" the program list, here's the document version of the AAS systems (B) route. Hence at the bottom you'll find a weird shuttle program from Prospect Pk to Brighton Beach. It's under the (B) route section for some odd reason, probably a reroute of the Franklin Shuttle? The code for it is BS?15?N, meaning it's apart of the (B) line. 

ZEIbwTE.pngFVIXvty.png

KGRbDR2.pngT0pnIPS.png

Thanks for the actual document, Javier.

If only that could get turned into a PDF...

Archived