REACH

MassTransitHonchkrow

I took the time to draw a simple diagram illustrating the reach of several randomly selected buses. Four are my personal favorites, and one is a SBS. When you have speed, you have reach.

Blue= Bee Line #28 (aka BxM4c)

Purple= Q44 SBS

Brown= B41 LTD KINGS PLZ VIA FLATBSH

Burgundy= Bx36 LTD WASH HTS GW BRIDGE

Green= TZx Suffern MNR to WHT PLS MNR

Red= CTTransit I-Bus (continues off map to Stamford Transit Center (#41, #43, #13c, MNR-NH,NC and others)

Light Blue= Bee-Line #77 to Carmel Bowl (outside of view) (connect to PT1, 2, 3, 5 & CST - until December 14)

They say one who can reach, can TEACH.

Have a great week!

4c01c60708e6505c35ce3a5512d4c659.jpg

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????

I have to disagree with the first part. Most of those lines have slow sections throughout the route. The Q44, B41, Bx36 all have multiple chokepoints. The TZX also gets stuck on I-287, and on the Tappan Zee Bridge even during middays, even during the reverse peak (at times). Same with the BxM4C and the I-Bus/971 on I-87 AND I-287 E, respectively, so that throws that first portion out the window. 

Two other things:

1. That doesn't look like the Q44 path

2. The Cold Spring Trolley does not run to Carmel Bowl

I have to disagree with the first part. Most of those lines have slow sections throughout the route. The Q44, B41, Bx36 all have multiple chokepoints. The TZX also gets stuck on I-287, and on the Tappan Zee Bridge even during middays, even during the reverse peak (at times). Same with the BxM4C and the I-Bus/971 on I-87 AND I-287 E, respectively, so that throws that first portion out the window. 

Two other things:

1. That doesn't look like the Q44 path

2. The Cold Spring Trolley does not run to Carmel Bowl

Excellent points, and you'd THINK someone who portrays themselves as an "expert" on transit (around these parts) would know this type of detail.  Sadly, not the case, obviously.

Look, "Honchkrow," you've been called-out in a number of cases here on NYCTF.  You PURPORT yourself as some sort of "premium" transit user, yet you've FAILED to get that across multiple times.  Maybe ... just MAYBE ... you could limit your trying to "impress" everyone with your transit "prowess" (which appears pretty dismal thus far) and just concentrate on things that you KNOW from on-the-ground experiences and possibly offering your own insight on things being discussed.

Time to re-evaluate things, IMHO.  If you're such an "expert" (as you say, with Westchester, like in your sig), then confine/offer your pontifications there.  Something like this, though, you'd be better to "save face" and put forth your observations with a question-mark attached (something like, "Do you guys have similar thoughts or maybe agree?"), rather than this mumbo-jumbo where you think your ... pardon the bluntness ... shit doesn't stink because of your self-perception.

Sorry, just rubbed me the wrong way, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent points, and you'd THINK someone who portrays themselves as an "expert" on transit (around these parts) would know this type of detail. Sadly, not the case, obviously.

Look, "Honchkrow," you've been called-out in a number of cases here on NYCTF. You PURPORT yourself as some sort of "premium" transit user, yet you've FAILED to get that across multiple times. Maybe ... just MAYBE ... you could limit your trying to "impress" everyone with your transit "prowess" (which appears pretty dismal thus far) and just concentrate on things that you KNOW from on-the-ground experiences and possibly offering your own insight on things being discussed.

Time to re-evaluate things, IMHO. If you're such an "expert" (as you say, with Westchester, like in your sig), then confine/offer your pontifications there. Something like this, though, you'd be better to "save face" and put forth your observations with a question-mark attached (something like, "Do you guys have similar thoughts or maybe agree?"), rather than this mumbo-jumbo where you think your ... pardon the bluntness ... shit doesn't stink because of your self-perception.

Sorry, just rubbed me the wrong way, that's all.

I cater to other social networks. I do believe that I'm more transit conscious because of my region wide views and perspective.

Do I know more? Heck no. That's why I travel. Because I don't. I wouldn't stop exploring simply because I know. Come to think, I was just in Tarrytown last week attending a DOT sponsored event.

I do apologize if you misperceived any aspect of my posts. If there is something I'm at fault with, I'm always open to suggestion. Everyone here has differing experiences and mine are merely a contribution.

But there are many mechanisms at work that are out of time to the typical borougher.

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????

Archived