Question regarding waiting period after 10 day disqualification for B/O

StepInStandClear

Just wanted to know if anyone would know the exact timeframe that an applicant would have wait to reapply for another B/O position with any division of MTA if they did not qualify within the 10 day training. Ive been told anywhere from 1 year up to 5 years. Then I was told there was is no waiting period as long as the new position is not the same as the one failed (MTA Bus for MTA Bus, MABSTOA for MABSTOA...etc). 

So if you get called within those 5 years for a different exam number, as long as it has anything to do with being a B/O you can't accept it ?

From my understanding of what I was told in 2014, this is correct. Now if you get called for a different position, such as Track Worker, Conductor, Station Agent, Staff Analyst, etc, then you're fine.

that sucks, 5 years wait if you fail the training for B/O?

Yeah, but this happened to me in February of 2014, and I only have to wait 2 & 1/2 more years...like someone else said to me, if you take your mind off of it, get another job and focus on other things, then it won't be that bad, since time flies...

A 5 year wait is a bit much ....but hey

I hear ya...like I said, do something else to get your mind off and before you know it time flies. Offhand, do you have your CDL or CLP (Commercial Learners Permit)? Cause if you have your CDL, and depending on where you live, MV Transportation and I'm sure Academy are hiring...click here for more information.

I had my CDL permit since 2011 when I initially applied for the exam with MTA. I never obtained my CDL license due to being told by many people (including some within MTA) not to waste my money for it. NYC Transit will pay for it. Kinda feel I shouldve taken lessons and acquired my CDL on my own. Thats spilled milk now. Will definitely look into that link you provided. As long as I get my CDL, the opportunities will become endless. Whether its Westchester Bee Line or even  NICE bus in Long island, having my CDL will benefit me on the long run.....(While Im serving my 5 year sentence...lol

As long as I get my CDL, the opportunities will become endless. Whether its Westchester Bee Line or even  NICE bus in Long island, having my CDL will benefit me on the long run.....(While Im serving my 5 year sentence...lol

Yep, I agree 100%!! No problem as far as providing you with the link.

With MV Transportation, there was an ad on Craigslist a while ago, and although no one renewed it, we're still hiring drivers. Therefore, like the link says, the job is pretty straightforward, if you use the "Bus Tracker" link on the College's website, you'll be able to see the entire fixed route. The pay is $14/hour, no benefits, and the reporting location and the buses are out of a school bus facility off of Liberty Avenue in Jamaica, Queens. You do need a CDL (they will not tolerate a permit), minimum Class B, with Passenger Endorsement and no restrictions as far as how many people you can transport at one time, since the buses can get full during the peak times, respectively. IMHO, this is a good job just to "get your feet wet" in regards to driving a bus, especially in two busy transportation hubs during rush hour.

The only thing with this job which stinks and is a turn-off is that you have to initially report to their Harlem location (217 East 127th Street, 212-828-2661) for 5 days of training, along with the Access-A-Ride people. In my case, I initially went there in March, shortly after being hired for 5 days, and ever since, I was never required to go back there - I always, and to this date, report to the Queens facility.

Any questions? If so, please post in this topic/thread, just to stay on-topic.

Thanks!

Archived