Q44/Q20 Pics (Including XD60)

IAlam

I Caught the XD60 but I was off guard so I I had was a zoom lens, so I apologize for the blurriness

Also, the XD60's display the blue and orange much softer and it doesn't hurt the eyes as much. IMG_6347_zpsgb0eotwi.jpg

IMG_6325_zpszgkri4d2.jpg

IMG_6362_zpssmndhqlv.jpg

These were from Monday

IMG_6199_zpsqdryqzec.jpg

IMG_6192_zpsp4eezini.jpg

I was talking to the driver of 5987 this morning (run no 063) and he said that he saw many people talking pics of the bus from the bus stop. Also, quite a few people were using the USB ports, which surprised both of us as it was the first day in public service.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I have a hunch that the dude sitting in the back of the bus in the second picture is a well regarded member here.

Honestly, I don't know many people from the community nor I am interested in meeting them. Not in a rude way, but frankly you should just start hanging out with people you don't know.  

I was talking to the driver of 5987 this morning (run no 063) and he said that he saw many people talking pics of the bus from the bus stop. Also, quite a few people were using the USB ports, which surprised both of us as it was the first day in public service.

It was still run 63 when I took it at 6ish

I have a hunch that the dude sitting in the back of the bus in the second picture is a well regarded member here.

It is, and I was right next to him lol.

-points at self-

-------------------------------

Did you also happen to get 4754? It was near Flushing High School heading to Main Street.

I Caught the XD60 but I was off guard so I I had was a zoom lens, so I apologize for the blurriness

Also, the XD60's display the blue and orange much softer and it doesn't hurt the eyes as much. IMG_6347_zpsgb0eotwi.jpg

IMG_6325_zpszgkri4d2.jpg

IMG_6362_zpssmndhqlv.jpg

These were from Monday

IMG_6199_zpsqdryqzec.jpg

IMG_6192_zpsp4eezini.jpg

Excellent photos!

I was going to try to catch it on my way home from Queens College, until I checked BusTime and it was over 40 minutes away and still in the Bronx. I have to stay later tomorrow anyway so i may run into it...

Did you also happen to get 4754? It was near Flushing High School heading to Main Street.

4754 is in service too?

Nah I was already running late, I just got lucky, because I checked bus time before I entered flushing and saw it approaching flushing too. 

Looks good. Got a ride this evening. I just hope they don't consider wrapping these buses in SBS.

I doubt they'll wrap it cause there currently is no SBS wrap, and the Q44 is the only line with wrapped buses so they can kinda get away with it.

However, the sign on the XD60 is much softer than the LFSA/XD40's so they use a different sign or is it just different programming. 

Excellent photos!

I was going to try to catch it on my way home from Queens College, until I checked BusTime and it was over 40 minutes away and still in the Bronx. I have to stay later tomorrow anyway so i may run into it...

4754 is in service too?

Nah, it was around the area in training bus use around the time he got those pics.

However, the sign on the XD60 is much softer than the LFSA/XD40's so they use a different sign or is it just different programming.

It's a different sign. The incoming XD60s/XN40s (maybe even the XN60s too) have a multicolored Hanover sign, instead of the Luminator Spectrum. MTA ain't all that impressed with that Spectrum sign right about now lol

Nice catch either way

Nah, it was around the area in training bus use around the time he got those pics.

Yeah I doubt it ever hit service

These bus drivers get so salty sometimes. Just the other day I took a picture of the Q66 and a bus driver stuck his middle finger up at me. Anyway nice pics.

:lol: There are still some cool ones out there... Not as many as in the old days though.

As long as you're respectful they usually don't mind, I've been questioned but never harassed to a point where I'd report a B/O

Nice pictures! One question, where was the second picture of #5987 taken? (Second from the top)

All the photos were taken in the downtown Flushing region. The XD60 photos were all taken by the library, I took them under the LIRR bridge because all I has was a zoom lens, hence why you can see a building that was a half mile away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How long does it take to go from suphit blvd queens to close to zerega ave Depot in the Bronx using the q44 sbs and how do I get the schedule?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Depends on the time of day because there is a chance it'll get stuck in traffic on the Whitestone bridge. Probably between 1 hr and 1 hr 10 mins

How long does it take to go from suphit blvd queens to close to zerega ave Depot in the Bronx using the q44 sbs and how do I get the schedule?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Depends on the time of day because there is a chance it'll get stuck in traffic on the Whitestone bridge. Probably between 1 hr and 1 hr 10 mins

Just as he said it can vary, but you can expect it to be anywhere from 15min early to 30 min late due to traffic

here's the schedule: http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q044scur.pdf

Archived