Subway where do you end up test

beelinefan

This will be a thread to test to see if you can tell where you would end up based only on direction of travel and level of service.  Who ever guesses the ending point correctly with the correct routing using the bullet emojis will get to ask the next question. All questions must be based on the current active map.

Starting a grand central you take a down town express and ride till the next stop and switch to a cross town train and you take it for two stops and switch to a up town express and ride for two stops and switch to a queens bound local and ride it till the sixth stop then switch to a coney island bound train and ride until the first stop then switch to a down town express and ride for one stop.  Where do you end up

This will be a thread to test to see if you can tell where you would end up based only on direction of travel and level of service.  Who ever guesses the ending point correctly with the correct routing using the bullet emojis will get to ask the next question. All questions must be based on the current active map.

Starting a grand central you take a down town express and ride till the next stop and switch to a cross town train and you take it for two stops and switch to a up town express and ride for two stops and switch to a queens bound local and ride it till the sixth stop then switch to a coney island bound train and ride until the first stop then switch to a down town express and ride for one stop.  Where do you end up

what

If this means riding one stop then you'll wind up where you began.

You take the (4)(5) to Union Square, take the (L) to 8th Avenue, the (A) to 42nd Street, the (7) to QBP, the (N)(Q) to 59th/Lex, and then the  (4)(5) back to Grand Central.

You take the (4)(5) to Union Square, take the (L) to 8th Avenue, the (A) to 42nd Street, the (7) to QBP, the (N)(Q) to 59th/Lex, and then the  (4)(5) back to Grand Central.

You can have the next on cc13. I may have got it right first but you explained the details :)

You can have the next on cc13. I may have got it right first but you explained the details  :)

Correct your turn.

Thanks guys.  :)

Starting at Coney Island, take a Queens-bound train 16 stops, then switch to another Queens-bound train for 4 stops, then switch to a Queens-bound train for 3 stops, and finally switch to another Queens-bound train for 6 stops.

Hint: After all these Queens-bound trains, did you actually reach Queens?  ;)

Starting at Coney Island, take a Queens-bound train 16 stops, then switch to another Queens-bound train for 4 stops, then switch to a Queens-bound train for 3 stops, and finally switch to another Queens-bound train for 6 stops.

You could: 

Take the (N) 16 stops leaves you at 14 Street. You could take the (Q) to 57 Street, then the (R) to Queens Plaza, and finally the (E) to Jamaica Van Wyck or Sutphin Boulevard (depending on the time of day). Although that's without construction, so I don't think that's acceptable. 

I think I now know your route; if its the one I'm thinking, it depends on what train you take on the last leg. Imma let the others respond.

Thanks guys. :)

Hint: After all these Queens-bound trains, did you actually reach Queens? ;)

Actually, you're not in Queens but still in Manhattan:

(F) train to Fourth Avenue, transfer to the (R) and take it to Jay Street. Transfer back to the (F) and take it to Delancey Street to transfer to the (M) and take that M train to 42 St-Bryant Park.

You could: 

Take the (N) 16 stops leaves you at 14 Street. You could take the (Q) to 57 Street, then the (R) to Queens Plaza, and finally the (E) to Jamaica Van Wyck or Sutphin Boulevard (depending on the time of day). Although that's without construction, so I don't think that's acceptable. 

I think I now know your route; if its the one I'm thinking, it depends on what train you take on the last leg. Imma let the others respond.

Not sure what the other one you were thinking of was, but this one wasn't it.

Actually, you're not in Queens but still in Manhattan:

(F) train to Fourth Avenue, transfer to the (R) and take it to Jay Street. Transfer back to the (F) and take it to Delancey Street to transfer to the (M) and take that M train to 42 St-Bryant Park.

You never take the same train twice with this one, but good guess.

You're on the right track with my hint, though. You don't actually end up in Queens, but you end up close.....

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (R) to Jay St, Metrotech (4 stops), (A) to Utica Ave (3 stops), (C) to Shepard Ave, Brooklyn (6 stops. Is the  (C) to Euclid Ave considered as Queens bound? Euclid Ave is in Brooklyn) Any other combo at Jay St means you have to take the (F) again and we're not allowed to take the same train twice.

Other considerations:

(N) for 16 stops puts me in Queens.

(Q) for 16 stops leaves me at Prospect Park with the Bronx bound (B) and the Franklin Ave (S)

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (R) to Jay St, Metrotech (4 stops), (A) to Utica Ave (3 stops), (C) to Shepard Ave, Brooklyn (6 stops. Is the  (C) to Euclid Ave considered as Queens bound? Euclid Ave is in Brooklyn) Any other combo at Jay St means you have to take the (F) again and we're not allowed to take the same train twice.

Other considerations:

(N) for 16 stops puts me in Queens.

(Q) for 16 stops leaves me at Prospect Park with the Bronx bound (B) and the Franklin Ave (S)

The (C) train is not considered Queens-bound.

I'll give you guys another hint: You don't take the (R) when you reach 4th Avenue/9th Street. 

The (C) train is not considered Queens-bound.

I'll give you guys another hint: You don't take the (R) when you reach 4th Avenue/9th Street. 

OK I got it now!

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (4 stops), (A) to Broadway Junction (3 stops),  (J)  to Cypress Hills (6 stops).

Not sure what the other one you were thinking of was, but this one wasn't it.

You never take the same train twice with this one, but good guess.

OK I got it now!

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (4 stops), (A) to Broadway Junction (3 stops), (J) to Cypress Hills (6 stops).

That was what I had in mind. However, if you take the (Z) , you end up at Woodhaven Boulevard.

OK I got it now!

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (4 stops), (A) to Broadway Junction (3 stops), (J) to Cypress Hills (6 stops).

That was what I had in mind. However, if you take the (Z) , you end up at Woodhaven Boulevard.

Actually, If you take the (J) you would end up at Woodhaven.

checkmatechamp13 must've meant when the system is in its normal daytime routine.

OK I got it now!

(F) to 9th St (16 stops), (G) to Hoyt-Schermerhorn (4 stops), (A) to Broadway Junction (3 stops),  (J)  to Cypress Hills (6 stops).

Correct!

checkmatechamp13 must've meant when the system is in its normal daytime routine.

Yes, that's what I meant. The idea was that after all those Queens-bound trains, you still end up one stop short of Queens (75th/Eldert Lane would be the first station in Queens, since the staircases technically leave you in Queens), unless skip-stop is running.

Assume it is the midday.

Start at 21 Street.

Take a Brooklyn bound train 4 stops.

Take a south-east bound train 12 stops.

Now make the journey from the other 21 Street station.

How many stops are in between the two destinations?

Assume it is the midday.

Start at 21 Street.

Ok, so I start at the other 21 Street station and head south 15 stops.

Then take another southbound train at the underground platform 6 stops.

Take another train going east for 3 stops.

Total is 24 stops.

Assume it is the midday.

Start at 21 Street.

The destination is Broadway/Myrtle Ave. From 21st St Queensbridge, (F) 4 stops to 47th St Rock Ctr, then  (M) 12 stops to Bway/Myrtle. 16 stops.

From Van Alst-21st St, (G) one stop to Court Sq, (M) 14 stops to Bway/Myrtle. That's 15 stops.

In between the (F) / (M) journey from Queensbridge to Bway/Myrtle there are 15 stops (not counting Bway/Myrtle), and in between Van Alst & Bway Myrtle are 14 stops (again, not counting Bway/Myrtle) for the (G) / (M).

The difference between the two routes is one stop (if that's what you were looking for)

The destination is Broadway/Myrtle Ave. From 21st St Queensbridge, (F) 4 stops to 47th St Rock Ctr, then  (M) 12 stops to Bway/Myrtle. 16 stops.

From Van Alst-21st St, (G) one stop to Court Sq, (M) 14 stops to Bway/Myrtle. That's 15 stops.

In between the (F) / (M) journey from Queensbridge to Bway/Myrtle there are 15 stops (not counting Bway/Myrtle), and in between Van Alst & Bway Myrtle are 14 stops (again, not counting Bway/Myrtle) for the (G) / (M).

The difference between the two routes is one stop (if that's what you were looking for)

Your route from Queensbridge is correct. Your route from Van Alst isn't. You need to follow the same instructions from both stations. (So you would start your journey from Van Alst by taking the Brooklyn-bound (G) 4 stops, and so on.)

For the final answer, you look at both destinations on the map and count the amount of stations between them on one line.

Your route from Queensbridge is correct. Your route from Van Alst isn't. You need to follow the same instructions from both stations. (So you would start your journey from Van Alst by taking the Brooklyn-bound (G) 4 stops, and so on.)

For the final answer, you look at both destinations on the map and count the amount of stations between them on one line.

The destination is Broadway/Myrtle Ave. From 21st St Queensbridge, (F) 4 stops to 47th St Rock Ctr, then (M) 12 stops to Bway/Myrtle. 16 stops.

From Van Alst-21st St, take the (G) 4 stops to Broadway. Exit the station and walk to the Lorimer St station (no free xfer). Pay the fare. Take the (J) 12 stops northeast to Crescent St.

The number of stations between Bway/Myrtle & Crescent St is 10.

The thread title is "Subway where do you end up test". Ok so after all that, where did I end up? I really don't understand your riddle.

Ok, so I start at the other 21 Street (G) station and head south 15 stops.

Then take another southbound train (R) at the underground platform 6 stops.

Take another train (N) going east for 3 stops.

Total is 24 stops.

Forgot to edit the post. The riddle took me to 62 St-New Utrecht Av from 21 St on the (F) so I took another route to get there from the other 21 St (G) station.

Archived