While railfanning, do you ever get weird looks from people?

duelingdragons

Hey, you cant let anybody stop you from taking pics. If you are taking pics, try to not attract peoples attention, take a quick pic, and hide the camera, and take another pic. That is what i would do, and if anybody says anything about it, i wont care, well, unless its the cops.

I dont get werid looks.

But what gets on my nerves is:

1) ppl who run on the platform to get a pic

2) ppl who fight for the rfw

3) ppl who swear the 4/5 is going 60mph between 42nd and 59 northbound(when in doubt its the constant rocking and bumps in the tracks is what makes it feel fast, i been in the cab of a 4/5 train with my cuzin countless times and its no more then 45mph)

4) the ones who screem out a R32 F

5) the ones who swear they seen a R142A signed as a 9

6) the ones who makes sounds of the trains propulsion while at the rfw

as you can see you can understand why ppl give werid looks b/c of ppl like that.

LMAO @#5....now thats funny.

This is a South Ferry bound (9) local train The Next Stop Is 66th Street-Lincoln Center:rolleyes:...only in there and my dreams lol:D

Hey, you cant let anybody stop you from taking pics. If you are taking pics, try to not attract peoples attention, take a quick pic, and hide the camera, and take another pic. That is what i would do, and if anybody says anything about it, i wont care, well, unless its the cops.

Hiding the camera doesn't make the situation any better.....it makes you look more suspicious

I go all out. Even if i'm at the 10 car marker, I have the camera up to my eye as soon as the train enters the station. As soon as it's in my field of vision, I click away with "reckless abandon" as Fred puts it. :cool:

See your only 13 and thats what you would do, as you get older you will begin to understand that your actually looking more suspicious. A normal person standing on the platform sees that, and alot of things run through there mind. Pre 9/11 you could do that, Post 9/11 you could be someone trying to blow the subway up.

I dont get werid looks.

But what gets on my nerves is:

1) ppl who run on the platform to get a pic

2) ppl who fight for the rfw

3) ppl who swear the 4/5 is going 60mph between 42nd and 59 northbound(when in doubt its the constant rocking and bumps in the tracks is what makes it feel fast, i been in the cab of a 4/5 train with my cuzin countless times and its no more then 45mph)

4) the ones who screem out a R32 F

5) the ones who swear they seen a R142A signed as a 9

6) the ones who makes sounds of the trains propulsion while at the rfw

as you can see you can understand why ppl give werid looks b/c of ppl like that.

R142A's have a program for the (9)?

How would a R142/A would be programmed for the (9) if the (9) doesnt run anymore. Kinda weird to see a R142/A pulling into a station with the (9) sign. People would be saying wtf.

As policy (MTA) has the signs for every contingency. They are not removed simply not used.

- A

On the day of interview to be in feature in Japanese Sotokoto Magazine, which is popular volunteer Magazines in Japan, with our text coordinator Kayo Ogawa and Walter Smith the photographer, we entered 45th Rd-Court House Sq and agent/conductors/people were looking at us while he was photgraphy me entering the subway to pose me entering train station, well as on R-142 subway cars on (6), people were looking at us.

I was posing for Japanese magazine in subway car because I know subways, buses and museums after Kayo read my NY Times article.

Archived