Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
CPBO

Q19 23 to college point

So it looks like the q53 is out and 19, 23 are to college point. So I guess I will see you guys on those lines!

So it looks like the q53 is out and 19, 23 are to college point. So I guess I will see you guys on those lines!

Interesting, though I've been used to seeing CNG's on the Q53 that it might take a while to get used to the hybrids.

On another note, I looked at the run sheet for the 25th, and there's some notable differences on the express buses, such as:

1. QM5's in the evenings leaving at :30 to Manhattan instead of :00

2. QM2 & QM5 midday being hourly instead of twice hourly, headways being 60 minutes in the AM rush & every 30-60 minutes in the PM rush instead of every 6-12 minutes

3. QM6's leaving NST at :45 instead of :00 before 5 PM/:30 after 5 PM

4. QM10/QM12 trips at 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM being pushed back to 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM

5. Either extra 3 Avenue trips or 3 Avenue trips across the board being shifted up to 30 minutes later than scheduled running time

6. QM1 running hourly during the PM rush

Do they plan on releasing specific schedules for those buses during those days?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven Bl

Interesting, though I've been used to seeing CNG's on the Q53 that it might take a while to get used to the hybrids.

On another note, I looked at the run sheet for the 25th, and there's some notable differences on the express buses, such as:

2. QM2 & QM5 midday being hourly instead of twice hourly, headways being 60 minutes in the AM rush & every 30-60 minutes in the PM rush instead of every 6-12 minutes

4. QM10/QM12 trips at 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM being pushed back to 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM

5. Either extra 3 Avenue trips or 3 Avenue trips across the board being shifted up to 30 minutes later than scheduled running time

Do they plan on releasing specific schedules for those buses during those days?

Are these changes just for the 25th or permanent weekday changes??

Are these changes just for the 25th or permanent weekday changes??

They're just for the day after (if they were permanent, that would be BAD). However, it would be nice for the MTA to release the schedules as early as possible so that riders time their schedules accordingly. Knowing them though, they would probably release the schedules two days before, if they even do so.

They're just for the day after (if they were permanent, that would be BAD). However, it would be nice for the MTA to release the schedules as early as possible so that riders time their schedules accordingly. Knowing them though, they would probably release the schedules two days before, if they even do so.

Phew. I've never seen them release an actual schedule for day after Thanksgiving or MLK day. It just says "reduced service".

Good riddance to the Q-23. The Q-19 IMO should stay at LGA.

IDK, since the route is technically closer to CP than LGA. It should stay at CP, once they switch. As for the Q23, the first trips start at 4:15 AM from Forest Hills. I wish they would add a 3:30 & 4:30 AM trip from East Elmhurst (or 3:40 AM & 4:40 from Corona Plaza, respectively) just so there's at least some fares collected at that time of day (that's how it currently should be anyways; I personally find it weird that they DH buses to Forest Hills when they could start buses in East Elmhurst. The same thing with the last bus from Forest Hills to East Elmhurst; it should be at 2:15 or 2:20 AM instead of DH'ing to the depot. 

Phew. I've never seen them release an actual schedule for day after Thanksgiving or MLK day. It just says "reduced service".

Well, that's because they actual ran on their actual schedules, contrary to the "reduced service" notice. The MTA has been scrutinizing the express bus routes for a while now. Last year, they starting running the Bronx Expresses on a Saturday schedule on the day after (and they're doing it like that from now on). This year is different, and now the Queens express buses have a schedule. To me, the schedule looks more like an "enhanced Saturday" than a "reduced Weekday" schedule. But it makes sense, since there's less demand (although I'm not too much a fan of those QM5 hourly headways in the AM peak, but I guess with the QM3 in Little Neck, the QM6 in Glen Oaks, and the QM1/QM6 in Fresh Meadows and Kew Garden Hills all running, the 60 minute headways may not sting as much. 

Well, that's because they actual ran on their actual schedules, contrary to the "reduced service" notice. The MTA has been scrutinizing the express bus routes for a while now. Last year, they starting running the Bronx Expresses on a Saturday schedule on the day after (and they're doing it like that from now on). This year is different, and now the Queens express buses have a schedule. To me, the schedule looks more like an "enhanced Saturday" than a "reduced Weekday" schedule. But it makes sense, since there's less demand (although I'm not too much a fan of those QM5 hourly headways in the AM peak, but I guess with the QM3 in Little Neck, the QM6 in Glen Oaks, and the QM1/QM6 in Fresh Meadows and Kew Garden Hills all running, the 60 minute headways may not sting as much.

That's so interesting to learn. I've thankfully never had to travel to the city on those days so I can't speak to ridership.

I did notice another set of rider counting on Manhattan bound buses at Main Street on the evening express runs

That's so interesting to learn. I've thankfully never had to travel to the city on those days so I can't speak to ridership.

I did notice another set of rider counting on Manhattan bound buses at Main Street on the evening express runs

It has worked fine for me when I've gone out the day after, but then again I wasn't going to the city for work but rather for play, so the Saturday schedule was fine, but if someone has to work it definitely sucks.  However, I agree that an actual schedule would be easier as opposed to "reduced service" because then you can plan better around the reductions.

Im wondering if there will be more or less service for the Q-53 when it goes back home.

Why would service levels have to change at all just because of a change in depot?

Why would service levels have to change at all just because of a change in depot?

Service levels may not be effected, but reliability could tank.

Do they plan on releasing specific schedules for those buses during those da

If anything its gonna be weirder seeing the C40s on the 23. While I love the C40s those ex eastchester RTS will be good to ride on the 53. 

They won't be to good of a ride because 1, they are all capped at 40. 2 they are all in by 9:PM on weekdays. 3, LGA will not put any RTSs out on the weekends. I personally am not looking to forward on this. That's just my honest opinion. Also not just the RTSs the shit boxes and XDs are also now capped at 40MPH.