Station Cleaner (Labor Class) Offer, From Conductor Exam 8094

ssk2486

Yeah a friend of mines tried for years trying to get a job with the MTA, any job, at any branch. And it was very hard for them. But eventually they got in. Sometimes it's like that for some people. I was fortunate enough to only take one exam and get called in quickly and get hired on my first attempt. But don't give up. Also look into other city agencies as well, that's also a route they took and got hired by one of them while hey waited for TA to call them.

Station Supervisor Level I

Yeah a friend of mines tried for years trying to get a job with the MTA, any job, at any branch. And it was very hard for them. But eventually they got in. Sometimes it's like that for some people. I was fortunate enough to only take one exam and get called in quickly and get hired on my first attempt. But don't give up. Also look into other city agencies as well, that's also a route they took and got hired by one of them while hey waited for TA to call them.

Do you happen to know if cleaners are required to operate heavy machinery? I also heard that they are sometimes required to move buses when assigned to bus depots. Do you know if any of that happens to be correct?

Do you happen to know if cleaners are required to operate heavy machinery? I also heard that they are sometimes required to move buses when assigned to bus depots. Do you know if any of that happens to be correct?

No, cleaners don't move buses at all. And the only machinery they're required to use are buffing machines. We have quite a few of them in TA, and they have to be qualified to use each one.

• 2 years later...
On 11/20/2016 at 10:57 AM, ssk2486 said:

Hi,

I took the conductor 8094 exam and I received a letter that the MTA has immediate vacancies for transit cleaners (labor class), and they are offering me the opportunity to be considered for this position.

I went in for pre-employment and did my drug test and an MRO marked my drug test as clear after I explained that I am on prescription medication for some anxiety. He said to expect a phone call for me to come in for a medical exam. It has been a week and a half since then and I have not heard back from the MTA for me to come in for a medical exam. Does anyone know how long it takes for the MTA to call to schedule a medical exam? Does anyone have any info on the status of hiring transit cleaners? They said they have immediate vacancies, when I got my letter, but I am wondering if they hired enough people and no longer have anymore openings, which is possibly why I did not hear back from them. Is there anyway to check the status of where the MTA is with hiring transit cleaners by list number?

Thanks,

SK

medical are done you're piston bus and train operators first 

On 11/20/2016 at 10:57 AM, ssk2486 said:

Hi,

I took the conductor 8094 exam and I received a letter that the MTA has immediate vacancies for transit cleaners (labor class), and they are offering me the opportunity to be considered for this position.

I went in for pre-employment and did my drug test and an MRO marked my drug test as clear after I explained that I am on prescription medication for some anxiety. He said to expect a phone call for me to come in for a medical exam. It has been a week and a half since then and I have not heard back from the MTA for me to come in for a medical exam. Does anyone know how long it takes for the MTA to call to schedule a medical exam? Does anyone have any info on the status of hiring transit cleaners? They said they have immediate vacancies, when I got my letter, but I am wondering if they hired enough people and no longer have anymore openings, which is possibly why I did not hear back from them. Is there anyway to check the status of where the MTA is with hiring transit cleaners by list number?

Thanks,

SK

i was just called for medical after 4 days 

18 hours ago, NJMike73 said:

i was just called for medical after 4 days 

I just received something in the mail for this as well, asking me to come down on October 02... is there any benefits to taking this job ? I'm currently waiting for train operator to call me and conductor, but my list number is a lot closer on the train operator list. My current job pays more, should i take this job just to get my foot in the door ? will taking this job speed up my process in getting called for the other positions i am waiting for ? thanks.

12 hours ago, NJMike73 said:

they over fill on that 

15 hours ago, NJMike73 said:

yes it has just like any other benefits medical dental and 401k  

Is there any place to get information on this job ? Been looking can’t find anything ?

how long is probation ?

does pay increase after probation ? 

How is placement ? Can you get shipped to Brooklyn if you live deep in the Bronx ? 

Is it harder to get jobs to clean cars in the yard ?

7 minutes ago, NJMike73 said:

i have medical on monday morning 7am  9/16/19

Thanks so much for the information... my paper stated starting wast 17.30 something and top pay was 23. Something after 36 months .. so did the pay go up from this position ? Thanks again. 

16 minutes ago, NJMike73 said:

1 yr probation  yes and max after 3yrs is now 28,880 you can be placed within the 5 boroughs  bronx/ queens /staten island/ manhattan and  brooklyn 

Oh nvm you meant 48,880 .. yeah that’s 23.50 an hour ok, so the info on the paper is correct thanks 

• 2 years later...