Alarming Spike Seen In NYC Subway Train Operators Overrunning Red Signals

Union Tpke

Nah, you can have at it.   :D

Ah look you must been waited for one of us to reply because you skipped over his reply, it's ok though he put you in your place....

As for me.. Fifteen years (Hired in 2001 off the street)... Five weeks paid vacation weekends off I'm doing good...

So when you filing?

Ah look you must been waited for one of us to reply because you skipped over his reply, it's ok though he put you in your place....

As for me.. Fifteen years (Hired in 2001 off the street)... Five weeks paid vacation weekends off I'm doing good...

So when you filing?

That's cute but I don't brown nose and my position stands that I don't trust the agency.  If I really wanted to work for the (MTA) again I'm sure I could but I have no desire to.  I prefer staying in the private sector and being a public advocate for the (MTA) to become more accountable (which includes their workers).  

That's cute but I don't brown nose and my position stands that I don't trust the agency. If I really wanted to work for the (MTA) again I'm sure I could but I have no desire to. I prefer staying in the private sector and being a public advocate for the (MTA) to become more accountable (which includes their workers).

Brown nosing has nothing to do with me being a train operator....

Btw yes I came from the private sector as well...

I understand if you don't trust the folks i work for you have that right..

So I'll just keep moving the trains you can stay with your private sector life...

I'll just retire with a nice 401k nice pension and move to my house I brought in pompano beach Florida...

#CivilServiceLife :)

Brown nosing has nothing to do with me being a train operator....

Btw yes I came from the private sector as well...

I understand if you don't trust the folks i work for you have that right..

So I'll just keep moving the trains you can stay with your private sector life...

I'll just retire with a nice 401k nice pension and move to my house I brought in pompano beach Florida...

#CivilServiceLife :)

lol... I did enjoy my free (MTA) pass though... But back to this topic, I must say I don't think the future is so bright for the (MTA).  They're going to have to spend more monies hiring and training.  I wonder what turnover looks like these days... 

That's cute but I don't brown nose and my position stands that I don't trust the agency.  If I really wanted to work for the (MTA) again I'm sure I could but I have no desire to.  I prefer staying in the private sector and being a public advocate for the (MTA) to become more accountable (which includes their workers).

So you’re saying that you are holding your position regardless of the unknowns. Ignorance doesn’t have any place in a discussion. If it were anecdotes, however, that is a different story. Then you would have grounds to stick by your hypothesis.

So you’re saying that you are holding your position regardless of the unknowns. Ignorance doesn’t have any place in a discussion. If it were anecdotes, however, that is a different story. Then you would have grounds to stick by your hypothesis.

I'm saying I'm holding my position until evidence comes out to the contrary.  

lol... I did enjoy my free (MTA) pass though... But back to this topic, I must say I don't think the future is so bright for the (MTA). They're going to have to spend more monies hiring and training. I wonder what turnover looks like these days...

Don't worry about that it all begins with this test coming up now.. Things will change...

Nobody Mentioned the fact that all of a sudden this comes up WHEN ITS TIME FOR OUR NEW CONTRACT!

When i saw this story one the news the way the Edited this made me laugh!!!! They really made it seem like we BLATANTLY RUN RED LIGHTS, When the reality of it is, We leave the station on a Green OR YELLOW and once the first set of Wheels go across the IJ, The Single Turns red With the stop arm down Until we get off that block. then the stop arm goes UP!

This was a BS half ass story that the news put out, and I'm quiet sure what i posted EVERYBODY IN HERE KNOWS THAT! Y'all should also know the news is NEVER ACCURATE! SMH!

Shondrae! What you stated in your post is right on the money and it is not only the MTA that does this right around negotiation time, it is all levels of government that do it. This state is known for such tactics and it is quite interesting that management always blames the union (and for that matter the rank and file worker) for this, that and everything when it comes contract time.  You almost  never hear anything about management who causes most of the problems but they blame the rank and file for everything in cases such as what was being reported here. I cannot tell you how many times during my career that something was printed or mentioned in the media about the workers that turned out to be false and it would always appear right around contract time to make us (the workers)  look bad.

As I have stated before in many previous posts, it takes  a lot of hard work to be a journalist today  and what masquerades as reporting consists of taking a press release and writing a story on what is the truth according to management. A report that presents both sides  requires research and that takes time. Unfortunately, many of them do not want to take the time and ask the workers and the union  for their comments and posting it in the same  article right below management's statement. Neither can you fit in both sides viewpoints in a 1-2 minute sound bite; . So the public is fed stories such as this without being told the real story and it is accepted except by those who know what is really going on..

What I am saying there is a problem but not the way that management is presenting it which is blowing it out of proportion with the help of the lazy media right around contract time. What disturbs me is that since management acknowledges there is a problem, then correct it instead of waiting for contract time, so that the union could be blamed with a press release.

Shondrae! What you stated in your post is right on the money and it is not only the MTA that does this right around negotiation time, it is all levels of government that do it. This state is known for such tactics and it is quite interesting that management always blames the union (and for that matter the rank and file worker) for this, that and everything when it comes contract time.  You almost  never hear anything about management who causes most of the problems but they blame the rank and file for everything in cases such as what was being reported here. I cannot tell you how many times during my career that something was printed or mentioned in the media about the workers that turned out to be false and it would always appear right around contract time to make us (the workers)  look bad.

As I have stated before in many previous posts, it takes  a lot of hard work to be a journalist today  and what masquerades as reporting consists of taking a press release and writing a story on what is the truth according to management. A report that presents both sides  requires research and that takes time. Unfortunately, many of them do not want to take the time and ask the workers and the union  for their comments and posting it in the same  article right below management's statement. Neither can you fit in both sides viewpoints in a 1-2 minute sound bite; . So the public is fed stories such as this without being told the real story and it is accepted except by those who know what is really going on..

What I am saying there is a problem but not the way that management is presenting it which is blowing it out of proportion with the help of the lazy media right around contract time. What disturbs me is that since management acknowledges there is a problem, then correct it instead of waiting for contract time, so that the union could be blamed with a press release.

Sad Thing About Being a train operator is we get blamed for everything! The Signal tower or RCC can give us the wrong Line up and if we take it, its our fault for not catching they're mistake. They will say something like "You know That wasn't your line up, Why did you take it?" Or the fact that they can Trip us attentional while passing a home signal. Or if Signal Maintainers are working in the area, they Trip Us sometimes and act like they didn't and try to blame it on us, BUT my snow block is missing on my 9th car! NOT MY FAULT! other than that i personally enjoy the job, but what job doesn't come with BS?

Sad Thing About Being a train operator is we get blamed for everything! The Signal tower or RCC can give us the wrong Line up and if we take it, its our fault for not catching they're mistake. They will say something like "You know That wasn't your line up, Why did you take it?" Or the fact that they can Trip us attentional while passing a home signal. Or if Signal Maintainers are working in the area, they Trip Us sometimes and act like they didn't and try to blame it on us, BUT my snow block is missing on my 9th car! NOT MY FAULT!

So true. Years ago when I was growing up in Queens, I had a lot of neighbors who worked in places like the MTA, Port Authority and the old private bus lines.  They used to tell me stories- management was always trying to find a way to mess with them and write them up for stuff they never did.

As a kid I found management's attitude very discouraging; it's actually why I decided against going into transit myself.

Nobody Mentioned the fact that all of a sudden this comes up WHEN ITS TIME FOR OUR NEW CONTRACT!

When i saw this story one the news the way the Edited this made me laugh!!!! They really made it seem like we BLATANTLY RUN RED LIGHTS, When the reality of it is, We leave the station on a Green OR YELLOW and once the first set of Wheels go across the IJ, The Single Turns red With the stop arm down Until we get off that block. then the stop arm goes UP!

This was a BS half ass story that the news put out, and I'm quiet sure what i posted EVERYBODY IN HERE KNOWS THAT! Y'all should also know the news is NEVER ACCURATE! SMH!

He has a facebook account and RTO folks was alllllll over his page... They grilled him pretty good too and they wasn't nasty either very hard yet professional...

I would like to ask a very simple question of these so called "journalists'? Have you ever spoken to a Train Operator (or for that matter) any government employee about his or her job? I doubt it as if they did, they would not spend their time writing about something that is nothing but Management's talking points. When have we read about a Train Operator's day and how it can change in a split second? You will never read about it in the press or hear about it on the radio because management wants to create the image that the workers are lazy (The old Theory X vs. Theory Y of Public Administration) and must be pushed hard to do the right thing.This is not true as a very high percentage of civil service employees love their jobs and give 110% each day. Yet at each and every opportunity, management looks to blame the employee, tar and feather them and in many cases, never even saying a nice word that the employee is doing a good job.What bothers me is that what passes as  journalism today,does the same thing so that in the eyes of the public, the employee is always  wrong.. 

I have a question for these "desk jockeys" whether they call themselves "journalists" or if they are the "suits" that are safely ensconced in one of those positions where they are protected for life. Could you do the job that the person that you are writing about or that you are complaining about? Quite honestly I doubt it  but when it comes to disciplining employees and making sure that the worker is blamed, you are champs! 

My attitude is one whenever I am in the system, I always take the time to say thank you to the person for doing a good job for i know how important it is to say something nice that may help the employee have a better day. I think back to my time in Civil Service which serves as my standard and where the only kind words I received concerning my work were 17 years apart. The last one was when I retired in a letter which I sent back to the commissioner asking "if he appreciated my service, then how come he was writing me up on a  regular basis"!

Archived