Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
SevenEleven

DOB New Hire FAQ

5 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

They pile on, you run the route, they get off. LMAO

I did the N shuttle one weekend from Ditmars to Queensboro. It was pretty straightforward, stay underneath the EL, stop at the stations. Easy day.

One day, I was talking to a Bus Operator out of Stengel about those Subway Shuttles...they told me they don't even touch the farebox on those days at all.

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

They pile on, you run the route, they get off. LMAO

I did the N shuttle one weekend from Ditmars to Queensboro. It was pretty straightforward, stay underneath the EL, stop at the stations. Easy day.

How will u know when you can go home etc?

Must have been a long deadhead back to si for you

29 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

When you get given a shuttle, you do get a finish time. It is your responsibility to make sure that you do not violate the hours of service rules, most notably the 8 hour rule. So, you have to communicate with the dispatchers so that they can adjust you and otherwise release you, so that you can go home. You can stay extra provided that you're not breaking the hours of service rules.

When I did the shuttle, I left Astoria around 12-1230. Got back to Castleton in 45 mins.

2 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

When you get given a shuttle, you do get a finish time. It is your responsibility to make sure that you do not violate the hours of service rules, most notably the 8 hour rule. So, you have to communicate with the dispatchers so that they can adjust you and otherwise release you, so that you can go home. You can stay extra provided that you're not breaking the hours of service rules.

When I did the shuttle, I left Astoria around 12-1230. Got back to Castleton in 45 mins.

3 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Shuttle work are the best hours for OT or Double. 

The easiest shuttle work for me was The Q in brooklyn 4th Ave to Kingshwy

The 3 train 

The N Stillwell to 36th street

The M during the summertime  phase.

I have a hypothetical 

Say you decide to cancel your wedding at the last minute and honeymoon

Can you pull back on your time off request at the last minute?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, BreeddekalbL said:

I have a hypothetical 

Say you decide to cancel your wedding at the last minute and honeymoon

Can you pull back on your time off request at the last minute?

They do the time off requests when they prepare the extra list for that day. So if you had 1/14 requested off (and was in quota to get it off), then you should cancel the request by 1/12.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:14 PM, SevenEleven said:

They do the time off requests when they prepare the extra list for that day. So if you had 1/14 requested off (and was in quota to get it off), then you should cancel the request by 1/12.

Does that apply to vacations too if you pull at the last minute?

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Hey SevenEleven I just applied to this most recent TA exam. I’m really hoping to go to SI for work specifically Castleton. How is it working on SI? How often do you cover runs from the other depots?

Are there any runs that you have worked (express included) that for a lack of a better word that are built to whip your butt?