Slant availability

paulb

Thanks for the input folks. I am going in to the PABT, will take an (A) or (C) up to Columbus Circle and hope for the best.

seeing that everyone says the St Nicholas, CPW, and concourse lines, you shuld go from 145th Street (BEST if its on Midday or even hour, seeing that it terminates there on Lower M track) and to 59th Street :D

Your best bet, paulB, is to go to a station with an Island platform like Atlantic Ave to wait for a slant. Since you're short on time, this will cover you in both directions and since you're towards the middle of the line you see more trains. If you're at the end of the line and the running time is say 80 minutes each way including layover time at terminals, it will take you 160 mins to see every train. But if you're at the halfway point of the route, it will only take you 80 minutes.

Not to mention if you're standing on the S/B platform at say Rockefeller Center and a slant pulls in on the N/B track, you're going to have to do some dashing and climbing, which from a safety standpoint isn't recommended, and you probably don't want to run to catch the train anyway.

So like I said I recommend Atlantic and take the first slant in either direction

You'll be waiting less than an hour for a slant to arrive. Thee's still quite a few out there, and you can even wait at an intermediate station on the line and wait a reasonable time for one to show up. If you get an R40M, even better. There's only 1 or 2 R40Ms left on the (:D.

Archived