Car 8867 R160 N Train New Ad Displays

PMac18

I was riding a downtown N train today, car #8867, and after some time it caught my eye that there were new displays underneath the FIND where artwork is normally displayed. It was looping animations of different MTA rules and notices. I also noticed a wireless access point and antenna device in between the double windows between the cars. Is this a new rollout of some sort? I was wondering if it was a Wi-Fi test car, but never knew anything about new displays though.

I was riding a downtown N train today, car #8867, and after some time it caught my eye that there were new displays underneath the FIND where artwork is normally displayed. It was looping animations of different MTA rules and notices. I also noticed a wireless access point and antenna device in between the double windows between the cars. Is this a new rollout of some sort? I was wondering if it was a Wi-Fi test car, but never knew anything about new displays though.

Please talk about this in the random thoughts thread. This does not justify a new thread. This train has already existed for a while now.

What?! This is a genuine new topic. How is this a "random thought"? Forty different topics get jumbled together there; it's a mess. How am I supposed to see when someone actually has something new to talk about if you basically don't allow new threads?!

What?! This is a genuine new topic. How is this a "random thought"? Forty different topics get jumbled together there; it's a mess. How am I supposed to see when someone actually has something new to talk about if you basically don't allow new threads?!

Because this was already discussed before in another thread, and in the Random Thoughts Thread. About 900 or so of the cars will be upgraded with the screen, and the eventually get wi-fi and USB outlets like the buses.

Several sets have the new screens already.

Thread closed for now.

Archived