The lack of gps

Sinsomnia

I use the NICE app for my bus rides on LI. You used to be able to tell where the bus was through gps. Now, you can't. You have to just go on faith that the bus will arrive at said time. What happened to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the NICE app for my bus rides on LI. You used to be able to tell where the bus was through gps. Now, you can't. You have to just go on faith that the bus will arrive at said time. What happened to that?

what do you mean exactly? All NICE buses have live feeds embedded in their GTFS. This data can be viewed on their site, Transit App (pname:com.transitapp.droid) or Google Maps. The feed may not activate if a bus is actually on time or it's idle/laid over.

what do you mean exactly? All NICE buses have live feeds embedded in their GTFS. This data can be viewed on their site, Transit App (pname:com.transitapp.droid) or Google Maps. The feed may not activate if a bus is actually on time or it's idle/laid over.

I meant that I use Transit app and for at least a week, the gps feed has not been on.

I meant that I use Transit app and for at least a week, the gps feed has not been on.

That's unusual. They might be recompiling their data, no different than accessing a shared Word document when someone is also editing it.

By feed you mean the bus' place on the map? Or your place in respect to buses on the map?

I ask because feeds don't depend on site based countdown clocks to work. But it does the other way around.

Do any of the GPS trackers for nice bus track the bus number?

I haven't seen it

That's unusual. They might be recompiling their data, no different than accessing a shared Word document when someone is also editing it.

By feed you mean the bus' place on the map? Or your place in respect to buses on the map?

I ask because feeds don't depend on site based countdown clocks to work. But it does the other way around.

I meant the bus' place on the map

I don't need the map, Transit has the stops. It's just that before you would know down to the min (give or take). You'd see a little bus on the route and you knew what street it was when on.

I don't need the map, Transit has the stops. It's just that before you would know down to the min (give or take). You'd see a little bus on the route and you knew what street it was when on.

The map can display that info too. If RT isn't available it may be that NICE is recompiling its GTFS stack. When I use Transit I've never had an issue with RT. The bus' clever device only turns on RT if the bus isn't on schedule.

The map can display that info too. If RT isn't available it may be that NICE is recompiling its GTFS stack. When I use Transit I've never had an issue with RT. The bus' clever device only turns on RT if the bus isn't on schedule.

He wants to see the location of the bus on the route so he can calculate when to get to the bus stop. The map can't do that (and it's even outdated to begin with).

I feel you. One time I was tracking the n6X from Hempstead to Jamaica, but it dropped. A local n6 came, so I took that. Well, as the bus left, I saw the n6X pulling up into the stop. It eventually passed us after New Hyde Park Road.

Archived