Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Rad0326

Metro North Conductor 2016 Hiring Process

I received an email inviting me to take the metro north exam in September. The test was scheduled in October. Then I was emailed that I passed the test in November. They sent me a link to perform a background check. It's been about a month and I haven't heard back. Does anyone know how long the process might take?

Hi im new to the forum. Nervous about the next stages so i turned to this group for some help. I’m scheduled to take the MNRR Conductor Trainee exam at the end of April. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect on the exam? They sent a packet of about 80 words,  definitions and signals . Seems like i should memorize them verbatim if it’s anything like LIRR. 

MNRR only gives 3 weeks to prepare opposed to 5 weeks for LIRR. What will the test be like? Anyone have an idea? @Truckie i read through the forums and you seem to be the most knowledgeable about MNRR procedure and employment. Do you have any insight on what to expect?

I don't know what's involved these days with the exam. I will say this, during the class, they want you to know everything verbatim so that's a good place to start.  If they are only giving you three weeks, so be it.  During class, you get three days to study for some tests.