Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
RES2773

GTFS for Suffolk County Transit

Does anyone know if Suffolk County Transit is planning to release public GTFS data? Especially for a system with less than frequent service, I think this would be very beneficial. Opinions?

Whats GTFS?

My guess would be that they won't, though I've been wrong before.

I saw probably a year or two ago a document saying they would research into doing it, but I can't even find that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be nice if Suffolk County Transit bus stops added to Google Map. Bee-Line Bus stops are on google map now.

they really need gtfs to do that. Hopstop was also the only website I could find all stops for lines.

I saw probably a year or two ago a document saying they would research into doing it, but I can't even find that now.

To me when they "Research" it's more of they'll spend the money to look into it but never follow through.

They have spent a ton of money into researching 3 BRT routes, since then 2 have no longer been talked about, and nothing has been done towards creating the third. They spent money on a 2009 bus study, talked about maybe implementing some of what was proposed, and to this day has not followed through with any of it.