NICE vs. Bee Line service levels

nostalgia

Contrary to the popular belief NICE bus have schedules that are MUCH more useful than Bee Line Services, especially off peak hours, where NICE has consistent head ways. When you go to Westchester, on Weekends and Nights the buses are sparse north of White Plains

Contrary to the popular belief NICE bus have schedules that are MUCH more useful than Bee Line Services, especially off peak hours, where NICE has consistent head ways. When you go to Westchester, on Weekends and Nights the buses are sparse north of White Plains

Truth.

I find many of bee-line's schedules to be rather inconsistent after about 17:00 weekdays & Saturdays, and Sundays are a joke. Route 6 runs only 8 trips on sundays, ONE bus every 2 Hours.

And can someone PLEASE do something about the 60?? That bus is DOG slow any day o/t week.

Maybe the 60 can be split like NICE's 20 into two parts. One part of 60 is New Rochelle to White Plains and the other part is New Rochelle to Fordham. Buses terminate at New Rochelle transit center.

Maybe route 62 (express) should run outside the rush hour in both directions.

Today is Christmas. NICE is running a regular Sunday schedule. Bee Line is NOT running anything. Seems strange these suburban counties have different levels of service.

This situation repeats New Year's Day.

Bee-Line Buses runs New Year's Day. It's Thanksgiving and Christmas day they don't run.

NICE Bus will be running Saturday Schedule on Mon 12/26 and  Sun schedule on Mon 1/2.

Suffolk County Transit buses don't run on Christmas either.

Well, if Veolia ran NICE the same way the (MTA) ran LIBUS, Veolia would be out of business. Instead, Veolia kept most of the routes the (MTA) wanted to drop.

Yes, Veolia tried to save money, e.g. linking the N23 and N27 at the Roslyn LIRR station. Seems that plan didn't work and N27 goes all the way to Hempstead instead of the N23 which only goes as far as Mineola.

Today, December 26, Bee Line is running a weekday schedule while NICE operates a Saturday schedule. No Bee Line service yesterday and too much service today. I guess it averages out.

Well, if Veolia ran NICE the same way the (MTA) ran LIBUS, Veolia would be out of business. Instead, Veolia kept most of the routes the (MTA) wanted to drop.

Yes, Veolia tried to save money, e.g. linking the N23 and N27 at the Roslyn LIRR station. Seems that plan didn't work and N27 goes all the way to Hempstead instead of the N23 which only goes as far as Mineola.

Today, December 26, Bee Line is running a weekday schedule while NICE operates a Saturday schedule. No Bee Line service yesterday and too much service today. I guess it averages out.

I don't believe the MTA was serious about the 2011 cuts, I think it was for political reasons "If I don't get XX millions these are the areas we won't serve. Now on the NICE will be implementing almost the same cut this April. Regarding Bee Line, I think they are being really inefficient here. They need to provide SOME coverage during Christmas, while not requiring full weekday service today maybe enhanced Sat Schedule (because their Sat Schedule is terrible)

I don't believe the MTA was serious about the 2011 cuts, I think it was for political reasons "If I don't get XX millions these are the areas we won't serve. Now on the NICE will be implementing almost the same cut this April. Regarding Bee Line, I think they are being really inefficient here. They need to provide SOME coverage during Christmas, while not requiring full weekday service today maybe enhanced Sat Schedule (because their Sat Schedule is terrible)

Bee Line could have run Sunday service like everybody else. My apartment overlooks a major bus stop. There were more buses than passengers waiting to board today.

There is an ancient thread that the county wanted to put the routes up for bid. Liberty Lines claimed they own the routes and would die if the county gave the routes to Veolia.

Talking about inefficiency or laziness, the county didn't post detours due to the New Rochelle Thanksgiving Parade.

I wonder how many people waited for buses to arrive after the parade was over.

I Would accept the 60 seperation in two only if the segnent 60 New Rochelle-Fordham. Becomes 24 hours...

In late night hours a normal 60 bus takes 25-30 minutes to make thr run so having asingle bus as well as two 20 buses running and one 40 bus is too very ok to me

I Would accept the 60 seperation in two only if the segnent 60 New Rochelle-Fordham. Becomes 24 hours...

In late night hours a normal 60 bus takes 25-30 minutes to make thr run so having asingle bus as well as two 20 buses running and one 40 bus is too very ok to me

24-Hour service is the horse that is still being beaten to death. When Metro-North goes 24/7, or even gears towards a LIRR version of overnight service, is when Bee-Line will follow-suit (presumably years later).

I've mentioned on these forums that the only route that could possibly warrant overnight service is the 20.

All the other routes, in my opinion, would need to be altered. A 40/42/7 combo. A 45/7 combo. 60/55/7 combo. Other metro cities that have overnight service variants have a demand warranting it, be it a workforce or tourism push/budget.

Metro north isnt 24 hours since there is a 4 hour hiatus even wit . Metronorth i suffer to at least arrive New Haven at 530am (since all trains are inbound only) and thus walk the 15 mminute to the green and connect with the CT-NH (S) route . To points East of N.H.

Also The n4 parallels the LIRR between Jamaica and Freeport so that isnt an excuse. ..the BL 60 needs 24/7 ser vice since its corridor is heavily deprndant of bus service. ..have a worker leave Dave and Busters of tthe city line plaza at 130am hes toast since at that time there are NObus service (either BL 60 or BX16) and not eeven a taxi since taxi TLC only avance . Up to conner st and diverge to coopcity. ..so he/she must walk the bridgeway all the way to conner st and take a cab OR at must walk three more blocks to coopcity blvd and peartree av and catch the 24 hour BX28 to norwood. ..but the boston rd corridor lacks of bus service from the city line to pelham pkwy

24-Hour service is the horse that is still being beaten to death. When Metro-North goes 24/7, or even gears towards a LIRR version of overnight service, is when Bee-Line will follow-suit (presumably years later).

I've mentioned on these forums that the only route that could possibly warrant overnight service is the 20.

All the other routes, in my opinion, would need to be altered. A 40/42/7 combo. A 45/7 combo. 60/55/7 combo. Other metro cities that have overnight service variants have a demand warranting it, be it a workforce or tourism push/budget.

The thing is that there is demand, due to the fact that Westchester is part of the NYC metro area. At the very least, there should be 24/7 to Yonkers, Mount Vernon, White Plains and New Rochelle. 

Metro north isnt 24 hours since there is a 4 hour hiatus even wit . Metronorth i suffer to at least arrive New Haven at 530am (since all trains are inbound only) and thus walk the 15 mminute to the green and connect with the CT-NH (S) route . To points East of N.H.

Also The n4 parallels the LIRR between Jamaica and Freeport so that isnt an excuse. ..the BL 60 needs 24/7 ser vice since its corridor is heavily deprndant of bus service. ..have a worker leave Dave and Busters of tthe city line plaza at 130am hes toast since at that time there are NObus service (either BL 60 or BX16) and not eeven a taxi since taxi TLC only avance . Up to conner st and diverge to coopcity. ..so he/she must walk the bridgeway all the way to conner st and take a cab OR at must walk three more blocks to coopcity blvd and peartree av and catch the 24 hour BX28 to norwood. ..but the boston rd corridor lacks of bus service from the city line to pelham pkwy

The people who take the n4 and the n6 are usually coming off the subway, plus there's a demand for 24/7 between Queens and Central Nassau.

I would say the same with BL 20 and 60 as they come out from the (4) and (2)(5) respectivately ...white plains is a city with floating population i mean only 60.000 live within city limit . And about 300.000 it incensed the population daily and 3/4 of the passengers leave WP on thr 20 or 60 and disembark south of Fort hillroad and New roc city respectively. ..in addition the NYS 100 corridor from Fort Hill road to Tuckahoe road has many businesses and have it at least hourly is a must also the big sitch here is that Ridge Hill mall just three blocks from the tuckahoe road bus stop has a very high passenger count. ..is funny to mention that the 5:33am BL 20 to WP is always packed since 80% of those passengers disembark at tuckahoe road thus making it 24 hours is truly a must...i mean c'mon NJT is 24/7 on its bbusiest rroutes SEPTA and even MTA-MD as well as WMATA P6...So Westchester executive . Don't excuse thyselves since there are many people dependant on public transportation. ..i must guess that the lack of 24/7service is a New EEngland effect since there are NO 24/7 service by any means in that region (CT,RI,MA,VT,NH,ME)

I would say the same with BL 20 and 60 as they come out from the (4) and (2)(5) respectivately ...white plains is a city with floating population i mean only 60.000 live within city limit . And about 300.000 it incensed the population daily and 3/4 of the passengers leave WP on thr 20 or 60 and disembark south of Fort hillroad and New roc city respectively. ..in addition the NYS 100 corridor from Fort Hill road to Tuckahoe road has many businesses and have it at least hourly is a must also the big sitch here is that Ridge Hill mall just three blocks from the tuckahoe road bus stop has a very high passenger count. ..is funny to mention that the 5:33am BL 20 to WP is always packed since 80% of those passengers disembark at tuckahoe road thus making it 24 hours is truly a must...i mean c'mon NJT is 24/7 on its bbusiest rroutes SEPTA and even MTA-MD as well as WMATA P6...So Westchester executive . Don't excuse thyselves since there are many people dependant on public transportation. ..i must guess that the lack of 24/7service is a New EEngland effect since there are NO 24/7 service by any means in that region (CT,RI,MA,VT,NH,ME)

Ahhh....Boston has 24/7 buses

NJT, SEPTA, WMATA and MTA-MD are totally different beasts compared to a segment of New York State.

True but Philadelphia Baltimore and Washington DC metro areas have less people than all NYC (5.8, 2.7 and 6.4 million respectively) and even as that some buses are 24 hours but like you said there are very different ...NJT bases its service almost as (MTA) and NICE has two routes 24/7 since this waa implemented before the (MTA) withdrawal but then again Nassau County has half million more people than Westchester county

True but Philadelphia Baltimore and Washington DC metro areas have less people than all NYC (5.8, 2.7 and 6.4 million respectively) and even as that some buses are 24 hours but like you said there are very different ...NJT bases its service almost as (MTA) and NICE has two routes 24/7 since this waa implemented before the (MTA) withdrawal but then again Nassau County has half million more people than Westchester county

Total population is not the only thing that goes into serving residents. Population density per neighborhood, the amount of people who use public transit vs. car, and ridership during the daytime are some factors that are considered in the case of a route having late night service/giving a route late night service.

Total population is not the only thing that goes into serving residents. Population density per neighborhood, the amount of people who use public transit vs. car, and ridership during the daytime are some factors that are considered in the case of a route having late night service/giving a route late night service.

Which are all sufficient to warrant overnight service in the case of those southern Westchester neighborhoods.

Archived