R160 on the F News: Heard from crew member at CI

MTR Admiralty

6th Ave is not the problem, it's Queens Blvd...can't run a 480 foot train up there because of passenger capacity issues particularly around the rush.

I'm not saying i'm for the idea but the (V) is only at 51% capacity. Subtracting 2 cars won't do much.

Now since I work on the (F) I can tell you supervision is telling us the R160 should start running in January but they don't think it will happen and no reason given why. The R160's given to the (F) will replace the R32/42's out of Jamaica YD. So (F) becauses half R160 and the (E)(R) become 100% R46.

Now since I work on the (F) I can tell you supervision is telling us the R160 should start running in January but they don't think it will happen and no reason given why. The R160's given to the (F) will replace the R32/42's out of Jamaica YD. So (F) becauses half R160 and the (E)(R) become 100% R46.

I know things are still sketchy, but wouldn't that contradict the going idea that the (E) needs primarily 60 ft cars for the extra doors which R-46s don't have?

woah... fiona's getting all the 160's?

none for emily or rachel?

160s r replacing da phase 1 nd remaining phase 2's out of jam yd... 42s r staying prolly. or to be xferred over to pitkin to finish the 38s.

wen da 160s r on da fiona, da colour for the letter will finally b correct! (itz alwayz orange)

woah... fiona's getting all the 160's?

none for emily or rachel?

160s r replacing da phase 1 nd remaining phase 2's out of jam yd... 42s r staying prolly. or to be xferred over to pitkin to finish the 38s.

wen da 160s r on da fiona, da colour for the letter will finally b correct! (itz alwayz orange)

The R160s are running out of ave. X so it can't run on the (E) or (R). They can be extra sets out of ave. X (like the put ins we saw the other day) replacing put-ins from Jamaica.

The R160s are running out of ave. X so it can't run on the (E) or (R). They can be extra sets out of ave. X (like the put ins we saw the other day) replacing put-ins from Jamaica.

yea, dats true

to u c/r's nd t/o's:

do u noe wat da display for da f will show:

is it like dis?

(F) Jamaica-179th Street

(F) 6th Avenue Local

(F) Queens Express

(F) Via 63rd Street

(F) Coney Island

(F) 6th Avenue Local

(F) Culver Local

(F) Via 63rd Street

(F) 179th Street

(F) 6th Ave LCL (or 6th Avenue LCL)

(F) Queens Blvd EXP

(F) via 63rd Street

(F) Coney Island

(F) 6th Ave LCL (or 6th Avenue LCL)

(F) Culver LCL

(F) via 63rd Street

i thought they wood write out LOCAL opposed to LCL

r there also displays ready for G.O's?

like (F) on 53rd street

(F) to euclid

(F) on da (A) between jay nd 4th

i thought they wood write out LOCAL opposed to LCL

r there also displays ready for G.O's?

like (F) on 53rd street

(F) to euclid

(F) on da (A) between jay nd 4th

Wood? Are you serious dude?

Anyways :D, the R160 side signs don't read out "LOCAL". I don't know why, but oh well. Its still quite understandable.

About those readings, yes, those should be ready in the program for the R160s already. The MTA was ready for these, they put all sorts of readings in the program.....

Wood? Are you serious dude?

Anyways :D, the R160 side signs don't read out "LOCAL". I don't know why, but oh well. Its still quite understandable.

About those readings, yes, those should be ready in the program for the R160s already. The MTA was ready for these, they put all sorts of readings in the program.....

i use wood for "would" lol

i am sure they wood

i alwayz thought it read Broadway Local on da exterior sign on da (W)

Based on what i saw when the 30 day test was on the(A) and what the 44s read out, im going to assume that what you see on the 46s will be similar on the 160s

including reroutes and GOs which are Already programed into the current fleet.

ex:S/B (F) with a GO via (A) line W4 to Jay

N/B (F) with a GO via (G) line

F CONEY ISLAND

6 AVE/63 ST LCL

CULVER LCL

via BWAY-NASSAU

F JAMAICA-179 ST

QUEENS BL EXP

via CROSSTOWN

BTW, I have a comment/question:

Anyone notice that the R160s never display more than 3 signs: I mean for the (N) late at night, it's this:

(N)|Broadway Lcl

(N)|via Whitehall

(N)|Coney Island

When, ideally, it should be this:

(N)|Broadway Lcl

(N)|Sea Beach Lcl

(N)|Coney Island

(N)|via Whitehall

This way, even if the (N) MUST go through Whitehall, we can determine right off the bat if it's going local all the way in Brooklyn. Based on this observation, I don't think the R160s will display more than 3 readings on its side LCDs. And if it does/or is able to, it's time for a rewrite of some programs.

BTW, I have a comment/question:

Anyone notice that the R160s never display more than 3 signs: I mean for the (N) late at night, it's this:

(N)|Broadway Lcl

(N)|via Whitehall

(N)|Coney Island

When, ideally, it should be this:

(N)|Broadway Lcl

(N)|Sea Beach Lcl

(N)|Coney Island

(N)|via Whitehall

This way, even if the (N) MUST go through Whitehall, we can determine right off the bat if it's going local all the way in Brooklyn. Based on this observation, I don't think the R160s will display more than 3 readings on its side LCDs. And if it does/or is able to, it's time for a rewrite of some programs.

yea, most of them do hav 3 signs up

imo, the (N) should hav 4 signs, jus in case

for example, going thru whitehall but ending up to be sea beach exp

Archived