Should There Be A Bx28 Ltd

A Former New Yorker

If anything they should run both the Bx28 and Bx38 more frequently AND provide some sort of limited stop service.  Both of run incredibly slow and always seem crowded when I've seen them when on the express bus.

i agree one point. You have the 28/38 running on Gun Hill Rd, make the 28 limited from Bainbridge to Baychester only

Good thing I have a copy of the July 2008 map on my wall lol

31800088830_8b6b78446b_k.jpg

As you can see on the map, the Bx26 went through all the sections of Co-Op City. With the Bx25 it went straight across Asch Loop (like a shortcut) and went to section 5.

...come to think of it, I think Asch Loop is part of Section 4, not completely sure.

Gotcha.. I was just making the point that current Bx26 is the Bx25.. Asch Loop Covers Section 4 on the eastern end and  Section 3 on its western end.

Note 2008 's Bx25 route and 2016's Bx26 route.

RdAiG5P.png

nPFXsfW.png

how much faster was the Bx25 than the 26? and How many people would purposely take the 25 or 26?

I'd say 10-15 mins faster.  Anyone in section 4 or 5 going via Allerton would be on the 25 if they saw it. In current terms think of it this way from Bay Plaza how much faster would the 28 be over the 38 if I were going to let's say the (5) @ GunHill Road? That's quite a bit of time there.

Gotcha.. I was just making the point that current Bx26 is the Bx25.. Asch Loop Covers Section 4 on the eastern end and Section 3 on its western end.

Note 2008 's Bx25 route and 2016's Bx26 route.

RdAiG5P.png

nPFXsfW.png

I completely forgot about that. They rerouted it around the same time the Bx38 came about.

Shows you how often I go to the Bronx

I completely forgot about that. They rerouted it around the same time the Bx38 came about.

It was exactly at the time the Bx38 came around: Remember that the whole thing had to do with saving money during the June 2010 service reductions. That's one of the restructurings that actually made sense IMO, since it gave Allerton riders and Gun Hill riders a quick option to reach Section 5. (Another good one was the S60/66 combination, but that's for another thread lol)

Bx28 also travels the same why as Bx26 in Co-op City like the old Bx25.

Yep remember they changed that not so long ago. Originally with the 2010 changes The BX 28 Skipped Acsh Loop altogether traveled straight across Bartow ! And then after community complaints they rerouted it around the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Shows you how often I go to the Bronx

I don't know much about buses in the city but I know that area because I had friends that lived up there around that time. Haha used to go out there at least once a week. That's only reason I know.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived