WTC Report To Call for Closing No. 1 Train for Months Downtown

ghome

WTC Report To Call for Closing No. 1 Train for Months Downtown

Due to WTC construction. The (1) train might be closed south of Chambers Street for a series of months/weekends. Possable timeline is next summer. Leaving commuters at a tough spot.

More in the Staten Island Advance.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/report_subway_station_in_state.html

and WNBC Channel 4,

http://video.wnbc.com/player/?id=718347

The WTC plan will be release tomorrow by the Port Authority. This may also effect the Path system at WTC.

What do you guys think?

so let me get this stra8, close the (1) Train from chambers to South ferry? wtf, so that means now the (3) train will have to be cut from new lots to 14th again, while the (1) re runs to brooklyn?

I hope they deny this bs, i dont think its worth putting the (1) running miles and miles from the bronx bk to brooklyn

at keast the (R)(W) will be accessible to SI people and the (4) and (5)<5>

btw I made that (1) train news into a topic, rather then linking :Dhttp://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53109#post53109

hope u dont mind m8

how would closing the IRT tunnel speed up construction? i could understant closing the PATH station, but they will only close that during the weekends? Sounds like the PA is one, full of it when it comes to the 1 line and two, showing favoritism having the PATH station open weekdays IMO.

Here we go again, reviving 9-19-01 to 9-7-2002:

(1) Broadway/7 Av Local - Van Cortlandt Park-242 St, Bronx to New Lots Av, Brooklyn.

* Late Nights between Van Cortlandt Park-242 St, Bronx & Chambers St, Manhattan.

(2) 7 Av Local - Wakefield-241 St, Bronx to Bklyn College-Flatbush Av, Brooklyn, all times

(3) 7 Av Express - Harlem-148 St to 14 St / 7 Av, Manhattan.

*Late Nights between Harlem-148 St & Times Square-42 St, Manhattan

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also see alot more Fulton St Transfer Hub Projects continuosly disrupting weekend (4) & (5) service. I expect to see the (J) via the (Q) to Prospect Park alot more:rolleyes:

Zachary

In the summer? I can only say... WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING!?!?

Looks like the new wtc hub is 4 years farther away. I am utterly astounded that such a task could even take this long to complete in the first place. Shut down the (1) past chambers in the summer. How about no okey?

- A

Here we go again, reviving 9-19-01 to 9-7-2002:

(1) Broadway/7 Av Local - Van Cortlandt Park-242 St, Bronx to New Lots Av, Brooklyn.

* Late Nights between Van Cortlandt Park-242 St, Bronx & Chambers St, Manhattan.

(2) 7 Av Local - Wakefield-241 St, Bronx to Bklyn College-Flatbush Av, Brooklyn, all times

(3) 7 Av Express - Harlem-148 St to 14 St / 7 Av, Manhattan.

*Late Nights between Harlem-148 St & Times Square-42 St, Manhattan

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also see alot more Fulton St Transfer Hub Projects continuosly disrupting weekend (4) & (5) service. I expect to see the (J) via the (Q) to Prospect Park alot more:rolleyes:

Zachary

umm if the (1) gonna term at chambers how will it ge from downtownload to uptown lcl?

Exp from 14 to chambers then cross to uptown exp? or after Franklin it switches to downtown exp trk then exp to 14?

umm if the (1) gonna term at chambers how will it ge from downtownload to uptown lcl?

Exp from 14 to chambers then cross to uptown exp? or after Franklin it switches to downtown exp trk then exp to 14?

During late nights, terminating on the express tracks is not a problem at Chambers St.

I mean, if it's on weekends, that's one thing. If they try to do this during peak hours they will have a freaking disaster on their hands. I don't know how many of you have been to/ridden the staten island ferry, but i can tell you now, the numbers of people using the (1) are nothing to sneeze at even in the middle of the day. During peak hours the entire loading area is packed with people similar to penn station.

Also, if they close the WTC path station how the hell are people supposed to get to newark and the other transit hubs path connects to? If all those people end up taking the train from nyp you will have another problem on your hands. Add that to if there's a problem or delay.....

Yea there's 33rd st line, but that is also packed full to capacity during peak hours with trains running 3 minutes apart. If something happened to the 33rd st line AND at penn station you'd literally have tens of thousands of riders trapped in manhattan.

This is all very poor planning on behalf of the PA. I just hope they can get their heads out of their butts before they cause major problems for the commuting workforce of nyc.

- A

Archived