Exam 4105

mtawife

Nycta mtabus and Mabstoa. All have upcoming bus operator exam. Nycta completed list 4600. Mabstoa hasn't begun calling list number 4105. Check the exam site for upcoming exam filing period. Not sure y Mabstoa has a new test this year but no training classes schedule for the last exam. Any thoughts ?List #2,000.

Nycta mtabus and Mabstoa. All have upcoming bus operator exam. Nycta completed list 4600. Mabstoa hasn't begun calling list number 4105. Check the exam site for upcoming exam filing period. Not sure y Mabstoa has a new test this year but no training classes schedule for the last exam. Any thoughts ?List #2,000.

First, please be careful as far as what you say - NYCTA has not completed list 4600. IMHO, here are my thoughts:

You have to keep in mind that everything takes time. It's not a simple as taking the civil service exam one weekend, followed by taking the BOSS exam the following weekend, then a list comes out the weekend after that. If I had to take an educated guess as far as what goes on behind the scenes, this is what happens:

At the conclusion of the "Application Period" for a certain examination (doesn't have to be Bus Operator), the Examinations Department sees how many people applied for a certain examination. Based on this, they either rent a school or part of a school to administer the examination. Once the examination has been administered, they have to score, or mark all of the papers and then put a list together.

Based on what I stated in the previous paragraph, it sounds like a lot of work. And with other exams going on, plus lists which contain thousands of people, it's time consuming. The list for B/O exam 4600 contains about 8,220 people, although over 10,000 people initially took the civil service & BOSS exams. The current Track Worker list contains at least 12,000 people.

Hopefully this answers your question.

• 3 months later...

Archived