Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
davemackey

Roster Question - Leased Bus 7112

Friends,

Got a roster question - anyone know about the leased bus 7112 from the mid-00's? The serial number that Murray Kramer had on the bus - 1M8SDMTA8VP049486 - indicated an ex-Coach USA 102D3, but I have seen a picture of the bus and it's clearly a 102DL3. Does anyone have any updated info? Thank you.

Yeah that's actually what's called an (MTA) reject as at first it was supposed to go to New York City Transit, but it was one of 20 (I believe) that instead went to NJT. They are all MTA specd buses, unique to the rest of NJT as part of the uniqueness that is Howell Garage.

The actual serial numbers I couldn't tell you offhand

Yeah that's actually what's called an (MTA) reject as at first it was supposed to go to New York City Transit, but it was one of 20 (I believe) that instead went to NJT. They are all MTA specd buses, unique to the rest of NJT as part of the uniqueness that is Howell Garage.

The actual serial numbers I couldn't tell you offhand

No, this was one of the buses that NJT leased before they got the ex NYC buses. They were leased from MCI.

Oh really? Wait, was this the one with the non stainless steel sides?

If you go to the ttmg.org web page there's a picture of that bus. Count the side windows - eight. It's a 45 foot bus all right.

If you go to the ttmg.org web page there's a picture of that bus. Count the side windows - eight. It's a 45 foot bus all right.

Yeah I decided to look at that page earlier and that's where I saw them. 4 of them