MTA Subway Ridership dropped in 2016: First Decline since 2009

Mtatransit

Vagrants in Fulton Center? I'm not down there often but the times I've been there I haven't seen any, including on weekends. I'll have a look when I'm down there next week since I have a few clients to meet in the area.

Agreed on West 8th street.  Coney Island could look better as well.  That's the thing.  Once they rehab the stations, there doesn't seem to be any monies set aside to keep them up so there's this cycle of having to spend a mini fortune just for them to look half decent again.  The so-called "station managers" should be lobbying for such a set up.  I believe they may slap some paint here and there, but there should be monies for things like updated platforms every so often.  Concrete can't be that expensive, esp. since they use such cheap materials to begin with.

In Fulton Center, there's not too many vagrants on the lower level (with the Dunkin Donuts, etc.) because there's nowhere to sit other than on the stairs. On the street level, though, there are benches by the windows so that is where they camp out.

At the very least, the restrooms are well maintained.

In Fulton Center, there's not too many vagrants on the lower level (with the Dunkin Donuts, etc.) because there's nowhere to sit other than on the stairs. On the street level, though, there are benches by the windows so that is where they camp out.

At the very least, the restrooms are well maintained.

A shame... They must've made their way there though because I recall a rather older man (likely homeless) jumping the turnstile as I was going through.

Well the (Q) elevated stations that were recently done in Brooklyn look "ok", though they should look better IMO, but by (MTA) standards they're okay.  Some of the (D) stations were also re-done in Brooklyn, but they have a no frills look, so when they start going downhill, they'll likely look even worse.  I remember when De Kalb Avenue was re-done... Station could use another rehab...

The (D) stations was done by 2 different contractors Fort Hamilton to 55th Street was done doe first, then something happen to that contractor that made the TA used the 2nd one for stations 71st to Bay 50th St. I took a look at what the Kiska Contractor Co did with Avenue X today it looks like they did a good job with Avenue X.

20170121_162507_zpsyufke1hk.jpg

20170113_162906_zps2zr5wksh.jpg

20170113_162846_zpslcdttuob.jpg

Archived