Breakdancers pummel commuter refusing to make space for performance on Brooklyn train

alberchico

ALL of the begging in trains needs to stop. There is a difference between being in a station (where it is still illegal), and literally holding people hostage in a subway car so you can try and shake them down. Not only that, it's extremely dangerous, and no one should have to be exposed to that. That's the equivalent of me tying up their ankles to a pole in a parking lot and intentionally driving inches from them at 40 MPH and telling them they should "tip" me for the adrenaline rush I just gave them.

There's a reason I don't give to anyone that asks me for money, and there's a reason you shouldn't either.

You're kind of old for this. Panhandling, begging and dancing on the trains has been going on since the 1970s. It has gone from one generation to the next. Quote this: "If they did it, I can do it too." But what are the risk of doing it illegally? My my my my oh my my. Many have gone to jail for the same thing at different times.

Guys and girls who are drug addicts make up 60% of the panhandling business. They can come up with one of the very best cons in the subway and you wouldn't even know it until you see them the second time around. 99% of the time I do not give money out to them because they all do is go around the corner & cop a bud.

Selling candy to support the teams has expanded to PATH as well. On my visit to the metro area last Saturday, I ran to two young bucks selling candy to support their "new" football team.

Who here does not support panhandlers in general?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Archived