Buses needs improvement

collagedchen300

Such as M55, B57, and Q38, and most of regular bus routes needs improvement from huge delays.

For example, on March 2, 8:25 am in Manhattan, I left Panera bread restaurant and waited for M55 to south ferry. But if it was time, they didn't show up. I had waited 35 minutes and still they didn't show up! Then I had being forced to take other buses to get to South Ferry, or walk to subway. Won't you guys fix that huge delay I had encountered? Otherwise, the commuters will start complaining, and they would be late to their important events such as work, and classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, yesterday late morning, I waited for M103 for half an hour at Bowery and Hester.

In Brooklyn, worst, Waited an hour at Flushing av and 61 street, last year, November.

In Queens, waited 45 minutes for Q38 at Woodhaven Blvd and Hoffman Drive on last month; too many people are waiting there for that route.

Can you tell reason how those disheartening delays happen?

And then if you are the commuter of this transit company, its your turn to tell what bus route lets you wait too excessively long.

Yea, the bus system here is horribly mismanaged. The subways might have their problems too, but at least the subways don't randomly go slow when they're early, short turn when they're late, or deadhead halfway down the line like the buses do. Seems like there's more abandoned runs (no-shows) on the buses too, I take the Bx12 and there's times where I'm waiting 15 minutes for an SBS or local and only one bus shows up instead of 2 or 3 bunched together.

Yea, the bus system here is horribly mismanaged. The subways might have their problems too, but at least the subways don't randomly go slow when they're early, short turn when they're late, or deadhead halfway down the line like the buses do. Seems like there's more abandoned runs (no-shows) on the buses too, I take the Bx12 and there's times where I'm waiting 15 minutes for an SBS or local and only one bus shows up instead of 2 or 3 bunched together.

With the exception of the SBS lines, most local buses consist of either tourists of old folks most of the time during the rush these days.  I only wait for the local bus if I know one is coming on BusTime, and I will not board if it is packed and I can walk to my destination.  That's another I'm sick of. Packed buses... All of the bunching is causing this problem.  I took the M86 last night and of course there were three of them.  Two back-to-back and another one a few blocks away, so I took the second one.  You have folks that will just pile on the first bus as if another bus will never come (which these days seems true at times), but again, local buses are only used when I have access to BusTime, otherwise I don't bother.  Slow, late.... Just can't be bothered with it.  

Supposedly someone from the DOT talked about how they want to make buses quicker, so what's stopping them? This has been a problem for YEARS.   <_<

There's a lot of bureaucracy when it comes to the (MTA) and the New York City bus system. For one thing vision zero has put a big dent to how buses perform. We all could wish that dedicated bus lanes serve their purposes and have a speed limit of 40 so that buses can move freely on an exclusive lane.

Also, when you have cronies like cuomo, and other state legislators that want to control what New York City does is also bureaucratic and that needs to be fixed. If we really had a true regional bus/train system that's run by smart minded people we (as) commuters wouldn't endore catastrophic delays.

Yep, you also might feel the risk of being ripped off by low class poors; meaning a fat chance of asking you for money. :(

There's a lot of bureaucracy when it comes to the (MTA) and the New York City bus system. For one thing vision zero has put a big dent to how buses perform. We all could wish that dedicated bus lanes serve their purposes and have a speed limit of 40 so that buses can move freely on an exclusive lane.

Also, when you have cronies like cuomo, and other state legislators that want to control what New York City does is also bureaucratic and that needs to be fixed. If we really had a true regional bus/train system that's run by smart minded people we (as) commuters wouldn't endore catastrophic delays.

Yep, the last 3 governors (especially Pataki; since Spitzer and Paterson weren't around long enough) weren't as "hands on" with the (MTA) as Cuomo has been.

As far as NYC politics go, Mayor Wilhelm couldn't give two shits, just look at his Vision Zero agenda and how he's always traveling by NYPD helicopter as if he was the POTUS.

Yep, the last 3 governors (especially Pataki; since Spitzer and Paterson weren't around long enough) weren't as "hands on" with the (MTA) as Cuomo has been.

As far as NYC politics go, Mayor Wilhelm couldn't give two shits, just look at his Vision Zero agenda and how he's always traveling by NYPD helicopter as if he was the POTUS.

That's a fact. Uncle Andy wants to be hands on with everything (MTA).. However, we got bus delivery delays lasting for months. Buses breaking down and a regional transportation network in disarray. Bad enough (MTA) doesn't travel to the state capital however, its run by the governor. I wonder how bus service is in Central and Western New York if we're ran by the (MTA)

As for the NYC mayor Wilhelm. He needs to get his act together or else The District Attorney of Southern New York // Manhattan-Brooklyn (Feds) will have him in a choke hold on charges. Just sitting back and sipping ☕️????

Vision Zero. Is. Not. What. Made. Bus. Service. Bad.

And I can think of one news article about the helicopter, which Cuomo uses all the time.

As for the NYC mayor Wilhelm. He needs to get his act together or else The District Attorney of Southern New York // Manhattan-Brooklyn (Feds) will have him in a choke hold on charges. Just sitting back and sipping ☕

Crime is lower than ever, there's a huge surplus, we have universal pre-K, every contract has been negotiated, new housing being built, homelessness actually being focused on--hard to say his act isn't together. 

Crime is lower than ever, there's a huge surplus, we have universal pre-K, every contract has been negotiated, new housing being built, homelessness actually being focused on--hard to say his act isn't together.

Granted. Everything is on the up and up. However, what's hurting him right is campaign finance board skeletons. If he can answer those questions than it's a smooth breeze back to City Hall in 2018.

Granted. Everything is on the up and up. However, what's hurting him right is campaign finance board skeletons. If he can answer those questions than it's a smooth breeze back to City Hall in 2018.

Yeah, there was a Times article about how even though things look bad for BDB, he has no viable challenger with enough name recognition.

Vision Zero. Is. Not. What. Made. Bus. Service. Bad.

And I can think of one news article about the helicopter, which Cuomo uses all the time.

More lies again.  Homelessness has risen under de Blasio and is worse than ever, and even he has acknowledged that his original estimates of dealing with homelessness have been scaled back.  You can't refute it either because the New York Times is about as liberal as they come.

The ambitions of Mr. de Blasio’s progressive government, once richly grandiose in his promises to unite a city starkly divided along economic lines, have become grounded — both by the stark realities of governance, and politics.

Nowhere has the shift been in greater evidence than in Mr. de Blasio’s promise, on Tuesday, to reduce the city’s ballooning homeless shelter population, which now stands around 60,000, by a mere 2,500 people over five years — less than 1 percent a year, on average.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/nyregion/nyc-mayor-bill-de-blasio.html?_r=0

Any more lies you want to spread?  <_< Where's this huge surplus you speak of?  Crime overall is down but, there have been spikes in certain crimes:

Even as the city’s top cop repeatedly downplayed a spike in slashings and stabbings — including on the subways — NYPD bosses were putting the final touches on a plan to beef up security on the rails.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-beefs-subway-patrols-fight-crime-uptick-article-1.2551180

Finally, if Vision Zero isn't what caused bus service to worsen, then what is it? It's funny that you continue to argue that but don't provide the so-called reason for it. What a surprise...  <_<

Yep, you also might feel the risk of being ripped off by low class poors; meaning a fat chance of asking you for money. :(

May I ask what this has to do with buses?

Also, yesterday late morning, I waited for M103 for half an hour at Bowery and Hester.

In Brooklyn, worst, Waited an hour at Flushing av and 61 street, last year, November.

In Queens, waited 45 minutes for Q38 at Woodhaven Blvd and Hoffman Drive on last month; too many people are waiting there for that route.

Can you tell reason how those disheartening delays happen?

And then if you are the commuter of this transit company, its your turn to tell what bus route lets you wait too excessively long.

Too many anecdotes...

Like for example, the (N) took 15 minutes between Canal and Atlantic this PM rush hour.

But I know that it was because of (R) trains going via the Bridge due to a water main break at Court Street, and that (N) trains aren't magically losing 5 minutes every rush hour...

TBH I don't think this topic should have its own thread because we have countless threads talking about this particular topic. To intervene tho, I agree that our bus system needs major improvement.

We need adjusted schedules and ways to find out how to not get buses involved with traffic. It's a pain in the a** waiting 25 minutes for Q112 to take me home.

TBH I don't think this topic should have its own thread because we have countless threads talking about this particular topic. To intervene tho, I agree that our bus system needs major improvement.

We need adjusted schedules and ways to find out how to not get buses involved with traffic. It's a pain in the a** waiting 25 minutes for Q112 to take me home.

Agreed.

Thread locked.

Archived