MTA Bus Co. Part-Time Bus Operator Exams/Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_busco.png.6314ead1a019792535129d932c59b563.png

Part-Time Bus Operator, Exam No. 7304 & 9303

Pay: At the time of this exam the minimum salary for Bus Operator was $22.847213 per hour.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (500s) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 14, 2021)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi today I went in to Livingston street to fill out paperwork and give them my license and also took a drug test. Question what's next in this process?

Providing the results of your drug test are negative, you will be called in for medical. After medical, you will proceed to final processing, followed by training out of Zerega Avenue. After training is complete, then you will proceed to Spring Creek Depot, learn the lines, etc.

As far as what to expect in medical, click here & here. As far as what to expect with the training out of Zerega, click here.

My educated guess is that training, both out of Zerega and your line training will be full-time, however I'm not 100% sure about this.

Good luck!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, evofan2018 said:

So disappointed got a letter stating I failed the boss. I did answer “correctly”. What they wanted to hear, so now what ? I applied for the full time position coming up also but any other advice on passing the boss next time?

Sorry to hear that my ninja. I know how difficult these surveys can be I personally have had bad luck with them. I would say continue to take them and try to figure them out. They have practice ones online as well just google them. Try some of those it helps train your mind to be able to see the trick questions. I’m sure you answer all of them correctly but you may have answer one question one way then turn around answer that same question just worded differently another way not noticing that it contradicts one of the previous question’s you answer. That’s how they get you it’s the trick questions you have to look out for. 

9 minutes ago, evofan2018 said:

Thanks, Is there any way to see your actual score or see how many questions you failed. I really thought I passed since I went back and looked for repeated trick questions. I must have missed a bunch though.

For the BOSS exam, there is not...sorry...

3 hours ago, evofan2018 said:

Thanks, Is there any way to see your actual score or see how many questions you failed. I really thought I passed since I went back and looked for repeated trick questions. I must have missed a bunch though.

It’s a pass or fail kind of thing. I hope you put in for other exams as well. Not just this one never put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to these city exams. Always apply to all that you meet the requirement for. 

16 hours ago, evofan2018 said:

I did apply for the full time b/o position coming up but don’t want the same thing to happen. 

Then yes best thing to do is go online and do some online practices they can greatly help you. Like I said I have took plently and it help me. 

On 10/2/2017 at 10:18 PM, DrewMania said:

Sorry to hear that my ninja. I know how difficult these surveys can be I personally have had bad luck with them. I would say continue to take them and try to figure them out. They have practice ones online as well just google them. Try some of those it helps train your mind to be able to see the trick questions. I’m sure you answer all of them correctly but you may have answer one question one way then turn around answer that same question just worded differently another way not noticing that it contradicts one of the previous question’s you answer. That’s how they get you it’s the trick questions you have to look out for. 

DrewMania, 

I got the BOSS exam coming up on 10/23 for B/O #7300 myself. To hear that someone failed this exam sucks. You said that there are ones that you can Google. I was unable to find anything to practice on myself but could you point to one of the sites where you can take a "practice" test? 

5 minutes ago, JV620 said:

DrewMania, 

I got the BOSS exam coming up on 10/23 for B/O #7300 myself. To hear that someone failed this exam sucks. You said that there are ones that you can Google. I was unable to find anything to practice on myself but could you point to one of the sites where you can take a "practice" test? 

I posted a few sample questions here. Hope this helps. (My apologies, however anyone can read this thread/topic, therefore I can't give the exam away...sorry...)

12 minutes ago, JV620 said:

DrewMania, 

It’s not a problem my ninja. I use google for my search engine needs. So I type in  multiple examples on google but here’s a few. 

agree and disagree practice test or personality practice questionnaire for jobs - these the main ones i use i search thru pages of different practice ones some are easy some are harder you have to find them.

But here’s two site that i recently use and it’s not long but just gives you a idea. And it changes every time you take it. 

http://www.psychometricinstitute.com.au/test-area-free.asp?testID=27

https://www.jobtestprep.com/personality-test-free

Of course never pay for anything look only for free lmao. 

On October 3, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Sb1914 said:

Hey does anyone have an idea of what number they are up right now?

I was wondering the same thing Sb1914. I think in July it was around the 200's? Not completely sure. I'm curious where they are now on the list. They are calling people down to process while still giving the BOSS!

5 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I was wondering the same thing Sb1914. I think in July it was around the 200's? Not completely sure. I'm curious where they are now on the list. They are calling people down to process while still giving the BOSS!

Exactly, we need answers! Lol

6 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

That's correct...since I failed the 10-day training session in February of 2014, I declined on the opportunity and my list number for this was 20*.

17 hours ago, +Young+ said:

That's correct...since I failed the 10-day training session in February of 2014, I declined on the opportunity and my list number for this was 20*.

If you don’t mind me asking do you remember when you declined the offer or and better terms when they called you for processing?! Thanks in advance. Cause i’m 14xx might be closer then I think! 

4 hours ago, DrewMania said:

If you don’t mind me asking do you remember when you declined the offer or and better terms when they called you for processing?! Thanks in advance. Cause i’m 14xx might be closer then I think! 

This past July.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 5:36 PM, TCKAS71P said:

Got the Pre-Employment letter to go in for Oct. 18.

List #: 3XX

Congrats!!! You should be in like Flint!!!! I'm hoping I'm next at bat in 2018, list#10xx. Keep us posted..

Edited by MTA MAC
typo

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Eturnulrs704 said:

Hey guys,  I got a low 1400s list number. What do you guys think my odds are to being called? 

I would say next year, but I think they are still in the 200-300 range. My co-worker got called in about two weeks ago and her list number is 2**. I would think they would be in the 500-600's by now. It will be awhile.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 5:35 PM, msmcmillan said:

I would say next year, but I think they are still in the 200-300 range. My co-worker got called in about two weeks ago and her list number is 2**. I would think they would be in the 500-600's by now. It will be awhile.

Thank you. I guess it's the waiting game now.