NY1: MTA vows to improve bus service

paulrivera

There's no where to turn it at 57 St. There's no demand for express on Astoria Bl on Weekends. If the (7) doesn't have it the (N) definitely won't have it.

Why did you mention the (7)? :/

The (7) can't as it doesn't use the ELs on 31st Street. Besides, (7) trains are unfair to factor as they end at QUEENSBORO OLZ this weekend.

As for the U-turn, The (W) would roll back like the (5) did when it terminated at GCT last few weekends.

My suggestion wasn't based on demand, but rather to justify a shorter car set for the (W) as it is a part time suggestion.

The (7) can't as it doesn't use the ELs on 31st Street. Besides, (7) trains are unfair to factor as they end at QUEENSBORO OLZ this weekend.

As for the U-turn, The (W) would roll back like the (5) did when it terminated at GCT last few weekends.

My suggestion wasn't based on demand, but rather to justify a shorter car set for the (W) as it is a part time suggestion.

He meant the <7> not running on the weekends.

When the (5) rolls back, the (4) was running local. If the (W) turns at 57th wouldn't that block the (Q) going to 96th?

He meant the <7> not running on the weekends.

I never suggested added <7> service. The Flushing line was never the idea.

It was, but I was using my phone and it's harder to post from there, so I just deleted it.

I don't like using my phone either. A desktop environment is easier to use (or Tapatalk)...

When the (5) rolls back, the (4) was running local. If the (W) turns at 57th wouldn't that block the (Q) going to 96th?

Good point.

Man am I glad I'm not in charge of planning. As complicated a person I am, this stuff bests me all the time.

Do you think shortening the (W) between 57 ST - 7 AV and DITMARS BL would help (and having the (N) jump on the EXP track from ASTORIA BL to QUEENSBORO PLZ) on weekends?

If you are fine with empty (N) zooming past crowded platforms, while the glorified shuttle (W) gets hammered, then sure.

LMAO... That wasn't the one, but it was damn funny. Don't think I've seen that one. :lol:  My advice for you is when you go up and speak and you're expecting to address folks, try to rehearse what you want to say so that you come off more polished and get everything in, especially since you only have about three minutes. Surely you've taken public speaking by now. :D  You seemed very angry and it made you start rambling.

As for Cappelli, I just wanted to show that he's been involved and he did what he could.  So he didn't come to your neighborhood... Doesn't mean he's an "idiot".  Just means he didn't help you out, but clearly he's done what he can in other instances.  If anything you should be pissed with Debbie Rose.  She has to be the most useless politician around... Her and Matthew Titone.  Rose had a bunch signatures for the X16 bus and what did she do?  She acted as if the (MTA) was throwing folks on the North Shore a bone.  You've got a petition, you speak up for your constituents.  Now she's an idiot.   

Nope, and I don't plan to. With 134 credits required for my degree, I'm not taking any more than I have to (I actually gave a speech to get out of a public speaking class lol).

And yeah, I was angry, so I said screw it, let it out and speak from the heart. I accomplished what I intended to with that speech, so it's all good.

Yeah, Rose and Titone, I'm pissed with them too (and unlike Cappelli, I actually got into an argument with Rose herself lol). But in any case, if somebody is going to make general comments about how service needs to be improved, then they need to put their money where their mouth is, or step aside and make room for someone who will. Yeah, he backed the MTA up when they added overnight service to the X1 and SBS to the S79, but you shouldn't be picking and choosing which areas you want to listen to and which ones you want to ignore when they need service.

For starters persistence.  You're right about the (MTA).  It isn't easy to get them to move on things.  The matters that I've been involved in have taken YEARS to see through.  Remember their stance on the X28?  They said it made no sense to restore it on weekends because it mirrored the (D), and people could simply take the subway to get where they needed to go, even though many riders on the X28 were either elderly, handicapped, OR lived much closer to the X28 than they did the (D), along with the fact that the (D) is often knocked out on weekends because of construction.  When they restored the X28 on weekends, they noted an increase in ridership and said that it could do well on weekends.  No mention of the (D) as an alternative.  How suddenly their attitudes can change... There have been some other improvements that I've been tried to push through that have gone nowhere, but I continue to go on.  

I think it's important to remain united in terms of your elected officials keeping the pressure on.  You need to keep pushing with petitions to support your representatives and you need representatives that remain steadfast in getting results from the (MTA).  You don't have too many politicians like that around this city, especially in your area.  Outside of Golden, who only represents parts of areas like Sheepshead Bay and all of Manhattan Beach, I can't say that I've seen anyone else do much for transportation.  I've been meaning to ask you, what do you ever became of that Townhall Meeting the two of us attended?  We got the B4 back, but there were other improvements that were discussed that people felt were needed, such as the (B) running on weekends?  What has Steven Cymbrowitz done about any of this (if anything)? Wasn't he the one that organized that meeting?

Right, persistence...and whether you like it or not, I've made a lot of progress on my proposal since I first advocated for it, due to persistence of the people in favor of it.

But now the Astoria people are complaining about worsened service since the Q removal.

They get their one-seat ride to Lower Manhattan back (and have some protection from tie-ups in Brooklyn)

Nope, and I don't plan to. With 134 credits required for my degree, I'm not taking any more than I have to (I actually gave a speech to get out of a public speaking class lol).

And yeah, I was angry, so I said screw it, let it out and speak from the heart. I accomplished what I intended to with that speech, so it's all good.

Yeah, Rose and Titone, I'm pissed with them too (and unlike Cappelli, I actually got into an argument with Rose herself lol). But in any case, if somebody is going to make general comments about how service needs to be improved, then they need to put their money where their mouth is, or step aside and make room for someone who will. Yeah, he backed the MTA up when they added overnight service to the X1 and SBS to the S79, but you shouldn't be picking and choosing which areas you want to listen to and which ones you want to ignore when they need service.

Right, persistence...and whether you like it or not, I've made a lot of progress on my proposal since I first advocated for it, due to persistence of the people in favor of it.

They get their one-seat ride to Lower Manhattan back (and have some protection from tie-ups in Brooklyn)

Sure, if you say so.

Archived