MTA Announces Roll Out of New Buses With Wifi and USB Charging Ports in the Bronx

Around the Horn

Why is systemwide stop consolidation not being considered? If stops were spaced out to be 3-4 blocks apart instead of 2 blocks apart bus speeds would improve tremendously. It's also pretty simple to accomplish.

I wonder how many people went, "You want to know what these buses could use, some USB ports and wifi.". I digress.

Why is systemwide stop consolidation not being considered? If stops were spaced out to be 3-4 blocks apart instead of 2 blocks apart bus speeds would improve tremendously. It's also pretty simple to accomplish.

Becauae every time the idea is brought up to remove/consolidate bus stops, people raise hell.

What's the average trip time per rider (on average, meaning, regardless of route) on our (NYC) buses anyway? If any type of a study was ever done on that, that is.....

The last I heard, NYCT Bus is like 7, and MTA Bus is 8MPH avg. To put this in perspective, the third worst is MUNI at 10, and they raised their average speeds by moving to all-door boarding...

So when are we going to see buses delivered with the screens and automated announcements?

I particularly like the two screens in one housing on the Q44 Nova's.

Same.

They'll probably install them in-house.

I believe he's asking how long in minutes is the average rider on the bus. 

Oh, okay.

I feel like for that, you'd need exit data, which our bus system is not set up to measure at all. I know that some transit systems use sensors in buses or light rail vehicles to determine loads, but I don't think we have that.

Archived