Agency To Fully Wrap Subway Car In Ad

mark1447

NEW YORK -- A New York City transit agency says it plans to unveil its first subway car to be fully wrapped in advertising.

Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials say on Thursday they'll present a midtown Manhattan shuttle train ensconced in advertising for The History Channel.

Thousands of tourists, commuters and residents see the (S) shuttle, which runs between Grand Central Terminal and Times Square.

The MTA faces a projected deficit next year of nearly $900 million. In recent years it has raised fares for subways, buses and two regional rail lines and tolls for bridges.

It also has begun exploring the possibility of cutting subway, bus and commuter rail service.

An MTA spokesman won't say how much revenue the new ad will generate.

News Source:

wnbc_nbc4_new_york.jpg

We're (4) New York~

I got some pics will post tomo;)

Currently can be found on the IRTs 42nd Street Shuttle

Once I saw buswraps years ago, I thought "Why hasn't his happened on subway cars already???". Aside from seeing the ad in the system, there are routes that parallel roadways and share bridges on which car traffic would have clear views of wrapped cars.

It really is about time.

Nice, but I'm surprised it's not a total wrap with the front of the cab including the door. If passengers are going to have to look at a subway car, they will always look most at the front to see the rollsign. While their eyes are there, why not show an ad? They've done it on buses.

Archived