TWU local 100A? Workers from ATU Local 1181 want it.

Union Tpke

1 hour ago, Deucey said:

Your contract book should have some language in there about how union reciprocity works - especially if there's transferring or moonlighting occurring between MARTA and CCT (I remember a bit of that being done when I lived in West End in '98-'99 - back when the roads were Ashby and Fair Streets, and not whatever they've been renamed to now). If not, don't ask your local union rep because s/he won't know, but the person or team who attend the ATU conferences would.

You wouldn't keep your seniority number switching from the Local to MaBSTOA - you'll be at the bottom. It's why you don't normally see drivers jumping from one big TA to another - usually it's from a small one to a big one, or from the big TA to Amtrak or a management role elsewhere.

Haha! same ol west end and them streets are still named fair street and asby street along side the asby train station nothing really change,but man the unions down her are so lax nobody fights for nothing that’s why I can’t wait to move up north you guys DO NOT PLAY! Right now they are in the process of combining all the metro Atlanta transit (cct,Marta, Gwinnett ) and naming it ATL ,making everyone top out at $21.90....watching the news and being on this forum I know for a fact if that would of happen up there it would have been a mad house!

On 3/15/2018 at 6:04 PM, Mr Marta said:

Apologize in advance for steering the topic off course for a bit but since you guys were talking about Unions I was just curious About how the Union works up north..I’m part of the ATU LOCAL 0732 (Located in Atlanta Georgia) does that mean anything or hold any merit coming in as a new hire for MaBstoa?...also can I transfer my pension and retirement funds from the old transit system I was working for or I would have to cash out and pay the early penalty fee?

You can definitely transfer your retirement funds. Once you open up your accounts with MTA, you can do a rollover. MTA (thru Prudential) offers both a 401K/457 plan with Traditional and Roth options. You can also roll your funds in an IRA on your own.

Archived