Train Nostalgia Ride

indabronx

Hello,

Sorry for my english but i'am a french tourist who work in the Brussels Subway.

I am coming in NY in september, and I would like to ride the "nostalgia train" that I see a lot of time in YouTube videos, with "S - Special" in front of the train.

Could you tell me how can I book it (if necessary)  and if this old train run in september ?

Thank you in advance :-)

Hello,

Sorry for my english but i'am a french tourist who work in the Brussels Subway.

I am coming in NY in september, and I would like to ride the "nostalgia train" that I see a lot of time in YouTube videos, with "S - Special" in front of the train.

Could you tell me how can I book it (if necessary)  and if this old train run in september ?

Thank you in advance :-)

It runs in December along the 6 Av Local in Manhattan. No booking necessary, just catch it at one of the stations between 2 Avenue and Queens Plaza.

If you're looking for the holiday train, it is BEST to wait for it at the 2nd Avenue terminus. Everywhere else, the train is crush load and the Queens Plaza terminus is not ideal since the train just picks up up and leaves (doesn't sit there for very long). Here is the schedule for the December Holiday train. It's the same every year: http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/RidetheHolidayNostalgiaTrain.htm

Can't they run the Holiday Train to 179th since it can't idle at Queens Plaza for long?

Since its only one train going back and forth, that increases the headway significantly. Plus, it terminates in Queens because thats the closest terminus, not necessarily cause they want to.

In fact, I'd suggest running it between 2 Av and 96 Street now that SAS is open...

Archived