MTA Bus Exams 7300 & 9309

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+

Here is the latest Notice of Examination for the part-time position for informational purposes.

Good luck and don't forget to check those mirrors every 3 to 5 seconds!

Hello I have recently taken a boss test back in December 16 of 2018 I’m pretty sure I passed and I have also applied for the 9306 Test to see if I can score a higher score but I have never received a letter or text for test date and test site and also paid any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/3/2019 at 6:37 AM, James Weber said:

Hello I have recently taken a boss test back in December 16 of 2018 I’m pretty sure I passed and I have also applied for the 9306 Test to see if I can score a higher score but I have never received a letter or text for test date and test site and also paid any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

Back in December, you took the BOSS for NYC Transit B/O Exam 9604. However, as per the top of the fourth page of the Notice of Examination for Exam 9309, you should send them an email asking them to transfer the results from the BOSS from Exam 9604 to this exam. If you do, and if you're successful, you don't have to worry about taking the BOSS for this exam, respectively.

Edited by +Young+

I took the BOSS exam this morning and there was a question that I'm not sure if I got "right" or what

It stated:

"If you are at work and you are unsure of a particular procedure that you would need to do, what would you do?

A. Check the manual

B. ask your supervisor

C. Ask a co-worker

D. Do what I think is best

I chose B. Ask your supervisor.

I could not decide between A or B.

What do you guys think?

46 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

I took the BOSS exam this morning and there was a question that I'm not sure if I got "right" or what

It stated......

Keep in mind that for the full-time positions (I'm no 100% sure about part-time) you will be on probation for one [1] calendar year. Therefore, they want you to answer the questions as if you're on probation.

18 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Keep in mind that for the full-time positions (I'm no 100% sure about part-time) you will be on probation for one [1] calendar year. Therefore, they want you to answer the questions as if you're on probation.

Yes but which answer are they looking for? Check the manual or seek out the supervisor??

1 hour ago, Kenstyles said:

Yes but which answer are they looking for? Check the manual or seek out the supervisor??

For me I guess ask a supervisor since they have a telephone in the bus. Plus do you have time to read a book on  the road. Thats the answer i always choose

• 1 month later...

Hi so I'm starting zerega training and im aware of the probatonary period however I am also in the process for the fdny and have a interview 2 weeks after my start date at Zerega is there any chance that they would let me have off on that day I dont know if it's a good idea to tell them my very first day I'm afraid that if I ask they are going to fire me I olny need about a hour off during the interview and then I can work later that day can someone give me some good advice please since it's another civil service title does that help me in my favor?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Libe23 said:

Hello everobody,

I took exam 9309, also i get my cdl with P endorsment, but i have restriction E cause i took road test on automatic bus. Can that be a problem for my employment to Mta ?

Thank you very much

LB

You will be fine. Don't worry about the E Endorsement.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:24 PM, Vmartz said:

Hi so I'm starting zerega training and im aware of the probatonary period however I am also in the process for the fdny and have a interview 2 weeks after my start date at Zerega is there any chance that they would let me have off on that day I dont know if it's a good idea to tell them my very first day I'm afraid that if I ask they are going to fire me I olny need about a hour off during the interview and then I can work later that day can someone give me some good advice please since it's another civil service title does that help me in my favor?

I have a a feeling if you show up at Zerega on Day 0 and you tell them this they will tell you resign and put your name back on the list when you are ready to commit to the full training. You are technically a student from Day 0 until you complete line training at your depot, a process of 6 weeks from Day 0 at Zerega. After you "graduate", will you have *some * limited, flexibility with your schedule.

Edited by 161 New York

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, dman1455 said:

They just had a class go in on the 6th off exam 7300.

That class was filled for me. I was called in for the class 02/02, but went for final processing today and was told to attend the class on 01/20. Would love some tips on parking and what to expect.

22 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

That class was filled for me. I was called in for the class 02/02, but went for final processing today and was told to attend the class on 01/20. Would love some tips on parking and what to expect.

As far as parking: From reading what others have posted, and if you go a "Google" search of the area, you'll notice that there are at least two or three school bus companies in the area. Therefore, get there early and worse comes to worse, take a nap in your car. You're lucky that next Monday, the Public Schools are closed for the MLK holiday.

As far as some tips, have you read through the other Bus Operator threads, including, but not limited to, the handouts which I posted, the DOB New Hire FAQ, MaBSTOA 4105 thread, MaBSTOA 7105 thread, B/O 4600 Hiring Process, B/O 7612 Hiring Process, and the MaBSTOA 9100 threads? Like I told somebody else either in person or through a private message (PM), one of the things I personally do is I "copy" the good information, post it into Microsoft Word, and then I print it out so I have something to refer to when I'm offline regardless of which device I'm on (desktop, laptop, phone, etc.)

In addition, if you look at this page, you will notice that I didn't post all of the Bus Operator threads. The reason why is because the links I posted above are most relevant, since the agency has administered some examinations, but they are not calling from all of the lists, respectively.

As always, if you have a question, please do not hesitate to ask.

35 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

I guess this thread died. 

As per the guidelines of the website, if you can avoid "bumping" threads, it would be appreciated.

Edited by +Young+

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, does anyone know if the eligible list for exam 9309 has been established ? Reason I asked is because I took my b.o.s.s. survey in october of 2019, and haven't heard from any department as of yet. I'm still currently studying for my C.D.L......I'm just a little curious